Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Had a game last night where down to the last 5 everyone but me and another were in a car going round in circles, managed to destroy 2 of the cars before I got screwed by the circle and the other car :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

we had a game the other night and we were sitting on the roof of a building near the water. it was coming to one of the last circles and we were getting ready to move, then it was like something out of "The Great Race" the amount of cars, buggys, jeeps and boats that came by was insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Had a weird bug tonight, any player I killed wasn't dropping the lootboxes. This is going to make it significantly harder for me if it keeps up. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

After a few games last night, I can confirm that the vehicles  take more damage from shooting(one bullet does a tire) at it or crashing it. Saw a jeep drive into another jeep and both exploded and killed all 4 players. I was ran over by a car and only lost about half my heath. I ran someone over on a bike and just pushed him 20feet and he got up.  
    The is improving with each patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I had my first game on the S in a while lastnight, it felt noticeably better than the last time I played which would have been around patch 2 time.

Hopefully they keep this patch rollout pace going, it's a great game to just jump in for a round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

gmg678 wrote: »
    After a few games last night, I can confirm that the vehicles  take more damage from shooting(one bullet does a tire) at it or crashing it. Saw a jeep drive into another jeep and both exploded and killed all 4 players. I was ran over by a car and only lost about half my heath. I ran someone over on a bike and just pushed him 20feet and he got up.  
    The is improving with each patch.

Yeah, vehicles have taken a serious nerf. Was under fire and drove the jeep through knee high fencing at medium speed. Took a fair hit to health and it felt like the handling is much more 'realistic'. Throwing it around to make it harder to get hit led me to spin it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Defo found my health taking a bigger hit from aggressive driving over hills and hitting buildings. Cant wait for the kill cam to come in, so annoying getting picked off from no idea where

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

quad_red wrote: »
    Yeah, vehicles have taken a serious nerf. Was under fire and drove the jeep through knee high fencing at medium speed. Took a fair hit to health and it felt like the handling is much more 'realistic'. Throwing it around to make it harder to get hit led me to spin it out.

I, a bit confused:confused: but shouldn't all these game mechanics be already sorted out from the PC game?? its like they are building it from scratch again. The only thing that should be working on as far as I can see should be controls etc. The amount of hit damage a vehicle etc takes I would have though sorted through the extensive PC preview program. But hey I'm not a software developer:o

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I, a bit confused:confused: but shouldn't all these game mechanics be already sorted out from the PC game?? its like they are building it from scratch again. The only thing that should be working on as far as I can see should be controls etc. The amount of hit damage a vehicle etc takes I would have though sorted through the extensive PC preview program. But hey I'm not a software developer:o

Vehicles aren't an issue on PC as they're a death sentence late on in a match because you'll just get shot out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Got a career best of 8 kills in a squad game including 2 three man squads.

It's a tough game to master but put the effort and time in and it's well worth it for the enjoyment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I wanted to make a start on this but it needs an update, 3.48gb but it's going at a snail's pace, 1Mb/s :(

Are all the updates so slow? Fifa updated before it and it came down at 40Mb/s

Liamalone wrote:
    I wanted to maths a start on this but it needs an update, 3.48gb but it's going at a snail's pace, 1Mb/s

Liamalone wrote:
    Are all the updates so slow? Fifa updated before it and it came down at 40Mb/s

I thought that myself the other day and assumed it was my broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Brought it down at 60mbs easily yesterday, got my bro to download it too and his came down like that, he reset his router and came down quicker so don’t think it’s the game

Had my best game so far tonight, 5th place, still in search of that elusive chicken dinner, I ****ed up in circle too, could have been in top 3 or so, had **** all weapons and ammo left so looted someone and forgot to take bullets so was left with a feckin crossbow that I can’t use for ****e, had full view of one fella while he didn’t see me, tried and failed using crossbow and he sees me and boom headshot.. gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Got a weird crash last night after the most recent update. In the lobby mucking around as the countdown goes down, hits 1 and then I get that horrible crash sound and after about 5 secs get dumped to the XBOX dash. Clicked back into PUBG and tried to start another session get the usual pop up messages which I clicked through and then I'm at the usual matchmaking wait. Controller starts a regular round of vibrations and suddenly the game screen pops up and someone has just punched me to death! Presume the previous session only crashed out for me locally and my man continued to an auto jump and then got pasted...

Jumped into a new session determined to get revenge for my man! Finding SFA in the way of weaponry but manage to take down a guy busy looting with my revolver and take his bike. Find some weird hunting camp place with a massive amount of weapons, countdown to the new circle is on and it miles away but I have my bike so load up with all sorts of exotica, even have the pan strapped to my back! Red circle....duck into a building but one of the first things to get hit is my bike...Loaded down with weaponry there's no way I'm reaching the circle so die an ignominious death on a lonely hillside chasing the disappearing thin blue line...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

I got the game before Christmas and it ran so bad I didn't play it. I played it again yesterday and god it's a great game. Got my first solo win :)

Funny how you can have good nights and bad ones.

On Wednesday night we were just ballsed. Bad gear drop after drop. Sniped from long distance a few times with no idea where it came from. Just unsatisfying.

Last night was great though. Decent gear, took on a few teams and prevailed. Really got a sense of applying tactics, working as a team, taking other teams down in a controlled but aggressive way.

I think shooters with regenerative health had kinda brain washed me to seek to disengage and heal up instead of pressing attacks in. We've cleaned teams out when we're all on slivers of health because they've pulled back trying to heal up and regroup and we've just gone in and pushed.

quad_red wrote: »
    Funny how you can have good nights and bad ones.

On Wednesday night we were just ballsed. Bad gear drop after drop. Sniped from long distance a few times with no idea where it came from. Just unsatisfying.

Last night was great though. Decent gear, took on a few teams and prevailed. Really got a sense of applying tactics, working as a team, taking other teams down in a controlled but aggressive way.

I think shooters with regenerative health had kinda brain washed me to seek to disengage and heal up instead of pressing attacks in. We've cleaned teams out when we're all on slivers of health because they've pulled back trying to heal up and regroup and we've just gone in pushed.

The sooner they bring in the killcam the better imo. Its very disappointing to get all looted up and then not know where your demise came from.

The sooner they bring in the killcam the better imo. Its very disappointing to get all looted up and then not know where your demise came from.

I mean they could probably even just bring in a short killcam for the time being not like the replay one on the PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

had a game last night and have to say its dramatically improved. Still nowhere close to my pc but for console its excellent.
    Got myself a nice gillie suit and AWM last night with the circle on the military base and just plopped myself smack in the middle.
    Great fun especially when a duo came over the hill to me and one broke left. I took down 1 but didn't kill the guy who was right beside me and his mate was running all over the place trying to figure out where the shots were coming from ..lol hilarious.
    Just missed out on chicken dinner with the last guy as he was in the circle and I had to run to it with it taking chunks of my health off but still a great game.

• Advertisement

I had a moment of anger and screamed at the TV 2 nights ago when it was down to the last 7 in Duo's, I was in a house with my team mate, she jumps out the window, I go to follow, it wont let me jump out, no matter how much I tried, it wouldnt let me go out any window, ended up dying from the blue circle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I had a moment of anger and screamed at the TV 2 nights ago when it was down to the last 7 in Duo's, I was in a house with my team mate, she jumps out the window, I go to follow, it wont let me jump out, no matter how much I tried, it wouldnt let me go out any window, ended up dying from the blue circle

I noticed today i couldnt get out windows yet i could hear other people jumping though them. Has the latest patch changed something?

I noticed today i couldnt get out windows yet i could hear other people jumping though them. Has the latest patch changed something?

vaulting out windows has been affected alright. seems to be a common complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Got a weird crash last night after the most recent update. In the lobby mucking around as the countdown goes down, hits 1 and then I get that horrible crash sound and after about 5 secs get dumped to the XBOX dash. Clicked back into PUBG and tried to start another session get the usual pop up messages which I clicked through and then I'm at the usual matchmaking wait. Controller starts a regular round of vibrations and suddenly the game screen pops up and someone has just punched me to death! Presume the previous session only crashed out for me locally and my man continued to an auto jump and then got pasted...

Jumped into a new session determined to get revenge for my man! Finding SFA in the way of weaponry but manage to take down a guy busy looting with my revolver and take his bike. Find some weird hunting camp place with a massive amount of weapons, countdown to the new circle is on and it miles away but I have my bike so load up with all sorts of exotica, even have the pan strapped to my back! Red circle....duck into a building but one of the first things to get hit is my bike...Loaded down with weaponry there's no way I'm reaching the circle so die an ignominious death on a lonely hillside chasing the disappearing thin blue line...

Yeah the lobby crashes have been happening since the latest patch. We just quit out the first few times when two of the lads crashed m. Happened again where two in the squad crashed. This was the result. There was about 45 people alive five minutes into the game from the slaughtering that went on.

http://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/063a0b9c-b7c6-4d24-85bc-77adf726c4b5

Yeah the lobby crashes have been happening since the latest patch. We just quit out the first few times when two of the lads crashed m. Happened again where two in the squad crashed. This was the result. There was about 45 people alive five minutes into the game from the slaughtering that went on.

http://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/063a0b9c-b7c6-4d24-85bc-77adf726c4b5

Amazing to see so many chutes. I dunno is it cos I'm on a base Xbox but I never see anything more than 1 or 2 chutes. I can hear the other lads on Xbox S consoles talking about all the chutes they see and I can't see them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Does anyone think the frame rate has gotten worse with the latest patch? Something seems off to me and I'm finding it harder to kill players too.

Any idea what the update today was for

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

astradave wrote: »
    Any idea what the update today was for

They increased the damage a car does and fixed the vaulting mechanism from what I can see.

Yeah they fixed the vaulting issue and because players complained, they undid the car need
    Gameplay
    We received a lot of great feedback following the changes made to vehicle/player damage. We continue to tune and balance this element of gameplay, and are therefore reverting back to increased damage if a player is struck by a vehicle.
    Bug fixes
    Resolved an issue preventing players from vaulting over specific ledges and/or windows
    The camera will now remain in the correct location following player death
    Vehicles will no longer relocate to another position on the map after the player disembarks

• Advertisement

The car relocation thing was very annoying

Advertisement