Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ah great, the vehicle thing was quite annoying, though I have benefited from it when I killed someone while going full speed over him in a car but then got run into by a buggy in the same game but stayed on my feet and only took half a life so unloaded my weapon into the buggy and killed him. It didn’t make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Ah great, the vehicle thing was quite annoying, though I have benefited from it when I killed someone while going full speed over him in a car but then got run into by a buggy in the same game but stayed on my feet and only took half a life so unloaded my weapon into the buggy and killed him. It didn’t make sense.

You make it sound dramatic I spent few hours last night playing the game and made the last 5 a few times without killing one person wit a gun.

jayo26 wrote: »
    You make it sound dramatic I spent few hours last night playing the game and made the last 5 a few times without killing one person wit a gun.

It was dramatic as it the buggy was in the top ten Circle :D

Staying away from conflict isn’t a good thing Jayo :p think of the battle points.. had a few Duos with the brother last night and was great craic..

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Has anyone reached 1000 kills yet?

astradave wrote: »
    It was dramatic as it the buggy was in the top ten Circle :D

Staying away from conflict isn’t a good thing Jayo :p think of the battle points.. had a few Duos with the brother last night and was great craic..

That's what was ment to ask what are the battle points? That's the red corcles on the map? What happens there?

I tend to avoid conflict when I can't get a good decent weapon usually I only end up with a shotgun and I get mowed down by uzi or something.

• Advertisement

SSr0 wrote: »
    Has anyone reached 1000 kills yet?

Nope I'm on 2 kills overall and they with a buggy :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's what was ment to ask what are the battle points? That's the red corcles on the map? What happens there?

I tend to avoid conflict when I can't get a good decent weapon usually I only end up with a shotgun and I get mowed down by uzi or something.

Red circle just means the area is about to get bombarded by artillery.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Red circle just means the area is about to get bombarded by artillery.

Oh haha I was wondering why I got blew up last night when I made my way over haha.

Battle points are the 20 or so points you get for killing people obviously sorry newbie here.

Oh haha I was wondering why I got blew up last night when I made my way over haha.

Battle points are the 20 or so points you get for killing people obviously sorry newbie here.

Yeah you can use them to buy crates that have clothes in them..

You buy a crate for 700 and you come out the other side with Fingerless gloves :D (if you are lucky)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is there anything different for Battle Points on PC or is it the same?

Wondering is it worth holding on to the 30k we got free

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Is there anything different for Battle Points on PC or is it the same?

Wondering is it worth holding on to the 30k we got free

I spunked it all! Got bout 3 pairs of the same jeans and duplicate baseball caps , :pac: it’s shockin

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They're the same on PC but you can sell the items or the crates on the steam market place. The desperado crates were going for €2.50 or more a pop the first week they were available, some of the rarer items from inside the crate will net you over 100 euro at the moment but most of the stuff is anything from 3 cents up to a euro. The crates sell for about 20 cents now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

Had a few games last night. Whilst it being for the most part enjoyable I find the random crashes extremely frustrating!!!!
    On a couple of occasions I was down to the last 10 only to be kicked out of the game and return just in time to see my character killed by the blue border and also sniped by an opportunist opponent.
    Hopefully the stability issues are ironed out soon or I'll be shelving this for the time being.

I killed someone with a gun!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I killed someone with a gun!!!!!!!

Talk us through how. Did you write a guide ... Seriously. Haven't managed that yet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Den14 wrote: »
    Had a few games last night. Whilst it being for the most part enjoyable I find the random crashes extremely frustrating!!!!
    On a couple of occasions I was down to the last 10 only to be kicked out of the game and return just in time to see my character killed by the blue border and also sniped by an opportunist opponent.
    Hopefully the stability issues are ironed out soon or I'll be shelving this for the time being.

Same here, was all tooled up in the last 20 or so, in a buggy with a spare can of fuel heading to a mountain top and then bleeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, crash to home screen, didn't bother trying to get back in. Lagging seems to be much worse after the last update, particularly on duo or squad.

On a positive note, hooked up a mike headset to my controller and started playing some duo and squad, can be great with the right team members. Often come across a team where the other 3 squad members are not on mike but seem to be communicating and sticking together. Isn't the team selection random and if so how can they be together? Presumably they're using private chat or are all at the same location but how do they get paired into a squad together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Same here, was all tooled up in the last 20 or so, in a buggy with a spare can of fuel heading to a mountain top and then bleeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, crash to home screen, didn't bother trying to get back in. Lagging seems to be much worse after the last update, particularly on duo or squad.

On a positive note, hooked up a mike headset to my controller and started playing some duo and squad, can be great with the right team members. Often come across a team where the other 3 squad members are not on mike but seem to be communicating and sticking together. Isn't the team selection random and if so how can they be together? Presumably they're using private chat or are all at the same location but how do they get paired into a squad together?

Team selection is random unless you invite friends into the team.
    Before you could have teams of 2 or 3, we would have a random player on our team if there wasnt 4 of us

Team selection is random unless you invite friends into the team.
    Before you could have teams of 2 or 3, we would have a random player on our team if there wasnt 4 of us

Oh, OK. How about communication, are you using the normal in game feature with friends or using private chat that the random player cannot hear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Oh, OK. How about communication, are you using the normal in game feature with friends or using private chat that the random player cannot hear?

i imagine most people would use party chat..I know I do with my mates regardless of ingame VoIP or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I dont think there is in game chat yet, eventually there will be localised chat like in Ark where you will only hear players that are near you which is more reason as to why you should chat in a party so as to not give away your location :D

• Advertisement

had a weird one last night in that my xbox one x powered itself down in the middle of a game.
    5 mins later the mates xbox one original crashed but that was probably the game itself.
    I'm more concerned about the thermals in the one x and its not that airflow is restricted to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Blazer wrote: »
    had a weird one last night in that my xbox one x powered itself down in the middle of a game.
    5 mins later the mates xbox one original crashed but that was probably the game itself.
    I'm more concerned about the thermals in the one x and its not that airflow is restricted to it.
    I wouldn't be concerned about its thermals. Its designed to run hot so as long as the heat can exhaust out the back of the console it's all good.

PUBG can do some mad stuff. I have has crashes to dashboard and console freezes playing the game.

I wouldn't be concerned about its thermals. Its designed to run hot so as long as the heat can exhaust out the back of the console it's all good.

PUBG can do some mad stuff. I have has crashes to dashboard and console freezes playing the game.

yeah but a full power down is concerning as it could indicate either a power or thermal failure.
    Apparently some of the scorpio editions were launched with 7amp plugs instead of 10amp which could lead to similiar power issues so must check mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Doing a lot better of late now that I’m embracing the fact that I can’t shoot proper guns and now rely solely on shotguns and sneaking up on people and blasting them as point-blank as I can. It kind of falls apart a bit in late-game but I had a top 5 solo finish with 6 kills last night – my best yet.

yeah but a full power down is concerning as it could indicate either a power or thermal failure.
    Apparently some of the scorpio editions were launched with 7amp plugs instead of 10amp which could lead to similiar power issues so must check mine.

Given the low power consumption of the X I would imagine a 7 amp fuse would be more than sufficient. If the plug fuse blew it wouldn't have turned back on again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its fine. You'd get an error on screen on the next boot up if there was any such issues.

Its fine. You'd get an error on screen on the next boot up if there was any such issues.

ah I wasn't worried about the xbox..that can be replaced under warranty :D
    I was in the middle of a game of pubg with a mate and we had just reached a loot crate in the open sea when I crashed...when I got back in I was a fair bit off shore and in the zone..disaster:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Lesson learned this evening... Don't let Manad drive!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaveNoCheese/video/43862288

Got to the final two of a game last night was well chuffed with myself and I even killed 5 guys in that game and the biggest shock of all they actually had guns too!!!!!

Slowly but surely getting used to best way to scavenge for weapons and what to pick up and what not the bloody game is addictive in a relaxing way until you get to final 10 or so then it's just brilliantly tense.

Love it.

• Advertisement

Got to the final two of a game last night was well chuffed with myself and I even killed 5 guys in that game and the biggest shock of all they actually had guns too!!!!!

Slowly but surely getting used to best way to scavenge for weapons and what to pick up and what not the bloody game is addictive in a relaxing way until you get to final 10 or so then it's just brilliantly tense.

Love it.

And to think you’d still be playing Fifa without me pushing you into it :D

Good job, had a guille suit and sniper rifle this morning in the American servers.. they run like headless chickens :D

Advertisement