Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Anyone seen this on reddit? https://wccftech.com/automaton-on-mavericks-proving-grounds/
    400 player Battle Royal type game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Finding the game runs better on my S than the X lately, strange

Got my 4th solo chicken dinner last night, but as always, I had luck on my side.

At one stage, going into the last 10, I was getting shot by somebody and had no clue whatsoever where they were. I managed to circle around and get my health back up. After that, I was just very lucky that the circle favoured me and I didn't have to move much. I shot one guy who was stuck outside the zone, then when it was down to the final 3, I could hear the other two guys going hard at each other. When it came to the final 1 v 1, I killed the other guy almost straight away. He must have been seriously messed up from taking on the other guy.

The funny thing is, I don't think I've ever had an amazing loadout when I've won. Usually something common like an M16 gets me through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Dipped into some third person last night, as we primarily play first person. As soon as I landed to loot I switched to first person. Ended up playing out the entire match in FFP and we went onto win it. Did notice that a lot player we came up against didn't seem to have a clue where they were being hit from when we were shooting at them.

If only you could record voice chat when recording a clip. We gave this lad some death. He must of thought we weren't playing with our headsets. :)
    https://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/0c24e996-ea8b-4092-a402-8772a282ed1d

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Do many people on here play with an elite controller? I am terrible anyways, but just wondering if elite controller would make any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Do many people on here play with an elite controller? I am terrible anyways, but just wondering if elite controller would make any difference.

the elite is more comfortable to me anyway, but you're not going to go from noob to pro just by buying one.

Also, pubg is a different beast to your standard shooter, theres no advantage to dropshotting, halo jumping around corners etc in this game like there is in other fps titles. If you were asking me about literally any other game, I'd say go for it, but for pubg? probably not so much - specially seeing as the one key I want to map to a paddle can't be done (I'd love to have menu loot on the top left paddle).

the elite is more comfortable to me anyway, but you're not going to go from noob to pro just by buying one.

Also, pubg is a different beast to your standard shooter, theres no advantage to dropshotting, halo jumping around corners etc in this game like there is in other fps titles. If you were asking me about literally any other game, I'd say go for it, but for pubg? probably not so much - specially seeing as the one key I want to map to a paddle can't be done (I'd love to have menu loot on the top left paddle).

Its the aiming that I struggle with. I know a lot has to do with the attachments you have, but I am amazed at how much better everyone else is at aiming. Especially now I am trying to camp less and be more aggressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its the aiming that I struggle with. I know a lot has to do with the attachments you have, but I am amazed at how much better everyone else is at aiming. Especially now I am trying to camp less and be more aggressive.

stop moving, crouch when shooting. makes a huge difference- look at the crosshair - the further apart the little lines are, the more inaccurate it is - play around with it and watch the lines move wider apart as you toggle different ways of aiming and moving. also - fast sensitivity is not always best- there's no point in being able to turn fast if you constantly overshoot the target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Five games in a row last night circle ended on military base.

So much for being random.

I noticed 2 or 3 games out of 5 or 6 doing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

brav wrote: »
    There is a ranking system behind the scenes, you can check your ranking on the main menu under career.
    As your rank goes up you should get matched with similar rank levels.

On the PC, any time they reset the leaderboards the first few matches seemed so easy until I get ranked up and get my ass whopped again.

I did not know that! Thanks. My try a few games with my wifes gamertag and see if its easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Seems to end up there more often than not for me recently

Got my 5th solo chicken dinner just there. The sweet spot for me seems to be an M16A4 with 4x and an AKM. Fairly easy to get.

After that, I don't get caught up trying to get other stuff. I killed a guy right by an Airdrop and didn't even bother trying to loot him or look in the crate. That's when I would get picked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Basil3 wrote: »
    Got my 5th solo chicken dinner just there. The sweet spot for me seems to be an M16A4 with 4x and an AKM. Fairly easy to get.

After that, I don't get caught up trying to get other stuff. I killed a guy right by an Airdrop and didn't even bother trying to loot him or look in the crate. That's when I would get picked off.

Get 2 decent weapons with a good load of ammo and maybe a medi kit or 2 and you are sorted.. I never feel the need to loot unless I have a bad load out

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

Played last night and it was the most frustrating games of PUBG I've ever played. Got stuck in a wall two games in a row then got killed 2 or 3 times when my textures weren't loaded but Xbox One X's were (my friend who I was in the duo with was playing with one). When it's frustrating it's very frustrating!!

Probably be straight back on it this evening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

IBrows89 wrote: »
    Played last night and it was the most frustrating games of PUBG I've ever played. Got stuck in a wall two games in a row then got killed 2 or 3 times when my textures weren't loaded but Xbox One X's were (my friend who I was in the duo with was playing with one). When it's frustrating it's very frustrating!!

Probably be straight back on it this evening though.

+1 last night the game was a mess. Was stuck in my parachute in two games and have to have my team mate shoot me until I was bleeding out (that breaks you out of the parachute) and then revive me.

Another game got stuck in a fence trying to jump it to get away.

The last night I got ‘stuck’ in grenade throwing mode and couldn’t get my weapon out again. Backed off desperately trying to get my weapon out before being whacked.

Very frustrating.

Anyone else find that the games where you go looking for a fight, you struggle to find people without jumping straight in to a built up area, but when you try a cowardly camping game you seem to have a massive neon sign over your head attracting gun shots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Got my first Solo Chicken Dinner, managed to kill 2 guys with 1 shot each, no idea how I managed that as they were infront of me and I didnt even aim, when it came to the last guy, we were at a stalemate, he was behind a wall at the school, I was behind a tree, both in the circle, circle wasnt moving anymore, I threw some grenades towards him, eventually he died

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

New patch, still hasn't sorted the active buttons on the map.
    Gameplay

Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
    Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
    Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
    We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
    Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
    Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
    Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors

UI/UX

Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
    Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
    When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
    Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character

Items

Updated the design of the energy drink

Bug Fixes

Fixed water sound effects
    Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
    Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
    Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
    Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
    Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
    Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
    Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
    Fixed buildings with missing stairs
    Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
    Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
    Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
    Fixed the issue of revive being cancelled unintentionally
    Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
    Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
    Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle

Optimization / Stability

Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
    Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
    Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
    Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
    Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope

Localization

Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
    Japanese only: Adjusted the Katakana font
    Japanese only: Fixed incorrect order of wording during object interactions
    Portuguese only: Fixed the display of height meter when parachuting

Known Issues

B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
    When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.

Can't seem to get a match since the update. Was fine beforehand....maybe coincidence.

Edit: got in with location set to US. Lobby area is now in the quarry? Weird.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Can't seem to get a match since the update. Was fine beforehand....maybe coincidence.

Edit: got in with location set to US. Lobby area is now in the quarry? Weird.

It's random now, you can appear anywhere. It's to reduce the amount of people in one area, i.e. hiding the fact that 100 players in one area cripples the engine.

All versions of the game are going like this eventually, I think that they've removed the guns from the PC version already.

Seriously don't like the footstep sound now. It's like you're running in water or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Seriously don't like the footstep sound now. It's like you're running in water or something

Terrible

Thanks to the advice I got on here about crouching to aim, I got my proudest kill so far last night. Guy snuck up on me with a micro uzi when all I had was a peashooter, he grazed me with one shot but missed the rest. I crouched, moved slowly and took him out with a few shots. Might not sound like much but I am awful at this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I am awful sexy at this game!

Jack face

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Fecking update. I'm so used to closing the map with the B button and now every time I do I jump out of the vehicle hurting myself in the process.

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Fecking update. I'm so used to closing the map with the B button and now every time I do I jump out of the vehicle hurting myself in the process.

Yeah, I have the same problem when looking at the map as you fly over at the start. Next thing, I'm jumping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Zemuppet wrote: »

Three times... Three times in a row this happened to me this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

If anyone wants to squad up, shoot me a FR. GT is 'Big in Korea'. Sick of squads full of spanners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Speaking of spanners I got team killed by some clown for no reason. In my anger I messaged him back calling him a team killing so and so and am now voice chat banned by Xbox until tomorrow.

Advertisement