Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Speaking of spanners I got team killed by some clown for no reason. In my anger I messaged him back calling him a team killing so and so and am now voice chat banned by Xbox until tomorrow.
    I thought our squad was going solid, i found a jeep, was taking us across one of the main bridges to military base as the circle closed. Someone is camping the bridge, teammate in the back seat tries to shoot him, pops me in the back of the head by accident, vehicle careens off into a wall and we all get ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Speaking of spanners I got team killed by some clown for no reason. In my anger I messaged him back calling him a team killing so and so and am now voice chat banned by Xbox until tomorrow.

Looks like you have time to shovel that driveway so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I'll just play solo until then ;P

Only got the game yesterday, but have just cooked up my second chicken dinner in solo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just a heads up for anyone playing squads, the revive action is currently bugged. If it's started, and then cancelled, it'll still go ahead, so make sure to properly down a person for now.

Apparently it's happening with medkits, bandages, etc too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Won’t be playing again until they patch it.

Twice tonight killed cos when **** kicked off I couldn’t fire. My partner could see me firing but on my end I wasn’t firing (and certainly wasn’t doing any damage).

**** this ****!

My main gripes with the game so far are drop outs (just randomly disconnecting mid game), sound effects (horrible sounding footsteps etc) and hit rego (seems very inconsistent). Knocked up a couple of squad wins last night after finding a few blokes that had mics though.

The latest updates have definitely caused some issues. I'm also getting some random phantom footsteps near me occasionally, but there's nobody there. I can be in the wide open and it sounds like someone is running right near me.

Basil3 wrote: »
    The latest updates have definitely caused some issues. I'm also getting some random phantom footsteps near me occasionally, but there's nobody there. I can be in the wide open and it sounds like someone is running right near me.

It seems to be some sort of weird echo from your own footsteps. I've often found myself walking around an empty house and stop when i hear footsteps, end up chasing ghosts for a minute.

Fortnite is miles ahead in their engine at this point, but I have found PUBG far more satisfying still. Looking forward to where the game ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

It seems to be some sort of weird echo from your own footsteps. I've often found myself walking around an empty house and stop when i hear footsteps, end up chasing ghosts for a minute.

Fortnite is miles ahead in their engine at this point, but I have found PUBG far more satisfying still. Looking forward to where the game ends up.

I noticed the same in houses, always think someone is sneaking up on me. Have watched a bit of a stream of Fortnite, there is just something about it that doesnt appeal to me the same way as PUBG.

• Advertisement

I noticed the same in houses, always think someone is sneaking up on me. Have watched a bit of a stream of Fortnite, there is just something about it that doesnt appeal to me the same way as PUBG.

The building and breaking does my head in. I think PUBG could do with some proper explosive damage more akin to battlefield, but that is obviously not a priority atm.

Hit rego on fortnite is far better than PUBG, and thats the main attraction for me. But again, I'll still play PUBG as its better environment based play and the team work element is much better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

From the bug reports, it's playing both the normal shoe footfall sound, plus the barefoot footfall sound on every step. It's mental the amount of regressions that these guys are releasing

I had my first Squad chicken dinner over the weekend. I don't usually do squad, because you generally end up with eejits.

In any case, we lost 2 of our squad almost straight away, and I was going to give up....but it turned out my last squad member was Rambo. I swear, I did absolutely nothing, and he would have easily had over a dozen kills. When it came down to us 2 against the final 2 from another squad, I got knocked out from who knows where. He revived me, then i was immediately knocked out again with a frag. He went on to kill both of the other guys, and I got my chicken dinner while lying crawling around doing nothing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    From the bug reports, it's playing both the normal shoe footfall sound, plus the barefoot footfall sound on every step. It's mental the amount of regressions that these guys are releasing

patch notes * removed - shotgun noise from boats
    *added - shoe sounds to barefoot

:confused:

patch notes * removed - shotgun noise from boats
    *added - shoe sounds to barefoot

:confused:

Must have forgotbto take out the actual shoe sounds too so there is a duplicate there

CatInABox wrote: »

That explains a lot haha. Hopefully its patched soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Watched a video of the 50 funniest moments on PUBG on youtube last night (granted they were on PC not Xbox) Wasnt expecting much but I was amazed how many I laughed out loud at. Even one that I was fairly certain was set up. If I wasnt at work I would share a link.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Watched a video of the 50 funniest moments on PUBG on youtube last night (granted they were on PC not Xbox) Wasnt expecting much but I was amazed how many I laughed out loud at. Even one that I was fairly certain was set up. If I wasnt at work I would share a link.

There are some classics, mostly involving proximity chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

• Advertisement

Spring Roadmap is up
    https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/132.pu

short version: they're acutely aware of the poor performance and will be concentrating on that, patches moving to a 3-4 week schedule, test server to be launched for xbox, and Miramar (desert map) coming in spring.

The drop outs have been doing my head in atm.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Spring Roadmap is up

short version: they're acutely aware of the poor performance and will be concentrating on that, patches moving to a 3-4 week schedule, test server to be launched for xbox, and Miramar (desert map) coming in spring.

Test server on console is unusual, can't think of any other games that have one?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Test server on console is unusual, can't think of any other games that have one?

Fortnite runs a PTR playlist for changes. Xbox is typically limited to introducing new characters and maps into separate playlsits until theyve been reasonably tested for competitive.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Battlefield 4 definitely had one. But that game was such a mess at launch that drastic actions were needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Spring Roadmap is up

This is all good news and a positive step in the right direction. As it stands the initial investment has been repaid with the amount of hours spent and fun had, so anything to come is a major bonus imo

ibFoxer wrote: »
    This is all good news and a positive step in the right direction. As it stands the initial investment has been repaid with the amount of hours spent and fun had, so anything to come is a major bonus imo

Agreed, Even though despite what I said last night. I did indeed rage quit. :pac:

I would say there is a very small percentile that did not get there money’s worth already.. I’m delighted with it tbh. with having a small child I’m only getting to game an hour here and there and it’s the absolute perfect game for it.

Really cannot wait to have both maps as options..

Also hope they bring the 4kmx4km map that’s going to the PC soon(likely a good while down the road on console though) as that looks like a deadly idea..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Agreed, Even though despite what I said last night. I did indeed rage quit. :pac:

I know, iv done it plenty but I keep coming back 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

lads has this improved from launch? i uninstalled it as it was a mess imo... only kept it as guy i gameshare with was playing it

Advertisement