Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

At the end of the day its still considered a 'game preview' not a full release. So people who feel they already have their moneys worth have a lot to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Played a good few duo games last night. Dunno if it's general rustiness on my part, but even riddling other players with bullets rarely resulted in them being put down or killed. Has something changed with the recent update?

Didn't seem to affect other people shooting me though, couple of bullets seemed to do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played a good few duo games last night. Dunno if it's general rustiness on my part, but even riddling other players with bullets rarely resulted in them being put down or killed. Has something changed with the recent update?

Didn't seem to affect other people shooting me though, couple of bullets seemed to do the trick.

Genuinely, I feel that engaging in any gunfight in this is almost RNG.

I've had times where I've not been under pressure, had the cross hair on a fella who doesn't see me, and still lost the gunfight despite him having to seek me out, and there have been times where I've been in the opposite situation and come out on top. I'm loving the game as a whole, but there are times where I just find it hard to reconcile with what happens. Hopefully a bit more polish will bring things on a bit as the game is still some of the best fun I've had in years.

More than anything squads is a good laugh when you have a couple of cars and a madly battling out the final circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I experienced something similar. final 5 the night before last. Camping like the coward I am, so I was able to get a shot of my shotgun away before they could open fire. Very close range so would normally be a one shot kill, but by they time I got a second shot off (still didnt kill them) they had tapped me a few times and killed me with some AR.

• Advertisement

If anyone wants to squad on xb1 tonight, add me. Big in Korea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hotfix patch:
    Bug fixes

Fixed issue where player revival would continue despite interruption
    Fixed repeating sounds from footsteps or when reloading Kar98k, Revolver, or Shotgun
    Fixed issue where (B) and (Y) buttons remained active in gameplay while in the map view
    Fixed issue where the parachute cable would not disappear following a landing in water
    Fixed issue where the player could not cut the parachute cable when becoming stuck during landing

Known Issues

Pressing the (B) button while in the Settings menu will cause the player to exit the plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Latest patches seem to have made a world of difference, or just me? Played 4 or 5 rounds yesterday and it was very smooth compared to how it was last time I played.

The guns/aiming finally felt responsive, got some nice long kills with 4x scope

I cant seem to use the 8x scope at all on XB1. It just moves so quickly and its impossible to maintain a shot on someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I cant seem to use the 8x scope at all on XB1. It just moves so quickly and its impossible to maintain a shot on someone.

you can customise sensitivity for each scope individually. Sometimes settings get reset at patches - i know my control type went back to 'A' after the last patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

There's an option in the settings to change the sensitivity of it, I put it down to 2 I think I found it so much better. I changed the sensitivity down on all of them and found it much better.

You can also change the 8x into a 4x by holding down the Rb button and pushing the left analog stick up or down while looking down the scope.

Cheers lads. I must have played 20 games before someone told me tapping left trigger allows you to actually use the scope haha, prior i had just been holding LT thinking that was the best it got...

Cheers lads. I must have played 20 games before someone told me tapping left trigger allows you to actually use the scope haha, prior i had just been holding LT thinking that was the best it got...

Personally, I use aim setup type B, where you hold trigger for aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

IBrows89 wrote: »
    You can also change the 8x into a 4x by holding down the Rb button and pushing the left analog stick up or down while looking down the scope.

This I didn't know, that'll be handy for medium range engagements. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

i know my control type went back to 'A' after the last patch.

Thanks for the heads up! Just played again after the latest patch and thought the TP weapon aiming had been disabled until I remembered this post.

Had some issues getting into a game after the latest patch. If I select Asia, default for me as that is where I am, I can't get to the lobby it just sticks on match making. I eventually chose NA and after a long wait jumped straight to the plane which was had almost flown off the map, bypassed the lobby altogether. Anyone having similar issues or is my connection speed just off?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

First time playing with my new Elite controller and I got a 9er Chicken Dinner :D

https://ibb.co/cQ3rxn

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Is there any other changes to controls from type a to type b except for the aiming?

Played last night after the update. Had a 4x scope on an AKM, it was going all over the place, had a great vantage point on one guy but it was spraying all over the place. Would this be the norm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

Played last night after the update.  Had a 4x scope on an AKM, it was going all over the place, had a great vantage point on one guy but it was spraying all over the place.  Would this be the norm?
    use LB to hold your breath. its steadier aim. also shooting from distance use single shot.

gmg678 wrote: »
    use LB to hold your breath. its steadier aim. also shooting from distance use single shot.

Never knew how to hold my breath, always see streamers doing it, thats why I keep it on auto, hope one of the shots will hit the guy in the head :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

I want to get people thoughts for those that play Duos/squads... when you down a player do you finish them off or leave them downed? I use the thought process of leaving a player downed as his teammate will come to revive him giving you the chance of knowing the location of the other team and possible multiple kills. friend I play with on the other hand is of the kill kill kill thought, and sometimes will get the kills for players I down. just wondering what everyone else does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I want to get people thoughts for those that play Duos/squads... when you down a player do you finish them off or leave them downed? I use the thought process of leaving a player downed as his teammate will come to revive him giving you the chance of knowing the location of the other team and possible multiple kills. friend I play with on the other hand is of the kill kill kill thought, and sometimes will get the kills for players I down. just wondering what everyone else does?

In close I would finish them off as when i am downed i am telling my squad where they are. If i knock someone a distance away ill leave them to get a look at where their mates are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Depends on the engagement. If it's up close in close quarters I'd finish them straight away if I can. If there medium to long range. We'd just focus on downing them and switch to to the other players. Maybe put a few shots to panic their teammates to run blindly for the revive. All depends on the situation really. If you can bait out the team mate though, that's an easy kill.

Played last night after the update. Had a 4x scope on an AKM, it was going all over the place, had a great vantage point on one guy but it was spraying all over the place. Would this be the norm?

I think it's a useless firing the AKM on Auto, unless the target is less than 10 meters away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Never knew how to hold my breath, always see streamers doing it, thats why I keep it on auto, hope one of the shots will hit the guy in the head :D

Firing in auto whilst looking down a scope will just make it worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Now hit 5M players on Xbox One

DYV5VVCXUAAjIIx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

For hitting 5 million players they're rewarding people with a jacket if you log in before March 22nd

maximoose wrote: »
    Now hit 5M players on Xbox One

DYV5VVCXUAAjIIx.jpg

My ranking of #10679 doesn't seem so bad now haha...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

For hitting 5 million players they're rewarding people with a jacket if you log in before March 22nd

YESSSSSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Last night I had a terrible time, I kept getting the Network Lag issue every few minutes while in a game and when I was in a squad, I was still waiting to load in while everyone else had already parachuted so I ended up being kicked out of the plane but I was still on the loading screen which was annoying.
    Anyone else have this issue? I was wondering if it was just my connection but all the other games worked fine, Netflix ran smoothly and the Speedtest didnt show any issues

Advertisement