Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I moved to PC a couple of weeks ago and played on xbox for the first time in a while at the weekend. Forgot how long it took to render the buildings at the start of the game. Also thought there were way more ARs than when I played on xbox more frequently or was that just me?

Also, I was still just as terrible as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I moved to PC a couple of weeks ago and played on xbox for the first time in a while at the weekend. Forgot how long it took to render the buildings at the start of the game. Also thought there were way more ARs than when I played on xbox more frequently or was that just me?

Also, I was still just as terrible as ever.

The rendering is really bad on the old Xbox, I just run thru the walls when I’m playing on that, has really improved on the one S though.. defo finding more AR since the last patch anywas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I've noticed the game crashes a lot more since I switched the Xbox capture back on (so I can capture any team killing a-holes next time).

Anyone notice anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 udun

After a solid amount of time in this game I was completely fed up with it. Every update never actually addressed the basic issues. Stairs, buildings etc not spawning. Falling through the ground. Got a refund off Microsoft after a brief conversation with someone on their Web chat team. Delighted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

New patch notes, fixing the randomly flying vehicles:
    Optimization and Stabilization

Partially optimized the vehicle system. The dust effect caused by friction with the ground during driving has especially been optimized, and the vehicle system has been improved in part.
    Fixed a problem with voice chat that caused some crashes.
    Grass objects in Erangel have been optimized and will continue to be optimized going forward.

Gameplay

Fixed a serious bug that caused vehicles to flip or get airtime for no reason. This includes the three-wheel bike.
    Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances the character would be upside down or seated in a strange position when moving seats while riding in vehicles.
    Player will receive more damage in a vehicle collision. The heavier the vehicle, the greater the damage inflicted upon the player. Also, players are now more likely to die or be knocked out when colliding with a vehicle running at high speed.
    The vehicle passenger will receive more damage when the vehicle crashes into an obstacle like a wall or tree. When crashing into something at high speed on a smaller vehicle, such as a motorcycle, the player will take much more damage.
    Fixed issue causing the 4x scope to be excessively reflective.

UI/UX

Fixed issue causing certain UI layouts not being properly aligned.
    Fixed issue of buttons bound to the UI(map, inventory etc.) affecting vehicle operation.
    Fixed issue of equipment icons not shown properly on the HUD.
    Fixed issue of LT, RT scrolling not working in the inventory when using controller preset B.
    Fixed issue of excessive acceleration when the stick is tilted more than a certain angle depending on the R stick acceleration setting.
    Fixed issue of team member indicators incorrectly showing on the plane

Other Bug Fixes

Removed collision of discarded magazine on the floor after reloading.
    Fixed a cosmetic bug that occurred when characters wore certain clothing or shoes.
    Fixed issue of fonts breaking up in case of certain languages.

Scheduled fixes for identified issues

When changing the deadzone settings in the lobby, the options screen needs to be opened once again for the settings to be reflected. This issue will be fixed soon.

Cosmetics

Added a new free crate ("Western Military Crate") that can be earned with BP.

• Advertisement

So no performance updates in this patch? Finding the frame rate quite poor the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Why are they touchin the vehicle damage again from collisions with terrain. It's absolutely stupid. The way it is now is fine. Their reverting it back to what it was two patches ago where you hit a rock going over 70 and you explode. I just don't see the logic.

Why are they touchin the vehicle damage again from collisions with terrain. It's absolutely stupid. The way it is now is fine. Their reverting it back to what it was two patches ago where you hit a rock going over 70 and you explode. I just don't see the logic.

I do some coding and i do stuff like that all the time. Revert some code changes so my bosses think I've been busy actually achieving something. In reality, I'm just avoiding doing the hard stuff that takes a bit of effort :D

Agreed, the vehicle damage they had a couple of patches ago was terrible, especially coupled with the Tony Hawk/moon gravity leaps the vehicles make.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

The rendering on an xbox one s is ridiculous, I love the game but it's one thing that makes me stop playing it. I love dropping in busy places but it's unplayable and if anyone with a xbox one X is near they have guns a minute or two before you and you're fecked.

They should have an option at the death screen to jump straight back into a new game, I know this could be hard if you're in a party but especially single player. Having to go back through the main menu to just start a new game every time is so frustrating.

• Advertisement

I've come across two players who have gotten stuck behind the mesh in the satellite building by the big tower in the Military base. I presume they were playing on the normal Xbox one and got stuck when it rendered in. Second guy, we just left him. We could still hear him shooting as we were running up the hills :). If only there was in game voice chat on console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I've come across two players who have gotten stuck behind the mesh in the satellite building by the big tower in the Military base. I presume they were playing on the normal Xbox one and got stuck when it rendered in. Second guy, we just left him. We could still hear him shooting as we were running up the hills :). If only there was in game voice chat on console.

One of the lads got jammed under a table in the restaurant in severney yesterday. Has normal xbox one.

A few days ago, I got stuck in the wall in an apartment block, up above the sink. My teammates eventually had to leave me, but I kept wriggling for a solid 5 minutes and I finally got free when I stripped off all my clothes. Don't know if it was coincidence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

I got stuck behind a toilet last week.

Did the patch drop yesterday?

Did the patch drop yesterday?

Yup. All my settings were reverted again. At this stage I'm so used to going through quickly turn off music, activate dvr, invert y axis, change sensitivities. Takes 10 seconds, but still annoying it has to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

IBrows89 wrote: »
    The rendering on an xbox one s is ridiculous, I love the game but it's one thing that makes me stop playing it. I love dropping in busy places but it's unplayable and if anyone with a xbox one X is near they have guns a minute or two before you and you're fecked.

They should have an option at the death screen to jump straight back into a new game, I know this could be hard if you're in a party but especially single player. Having to go back through the main menu to just start a new game every time is so frustrating.

Try it on a vanilla Xbox! I cannot drop into certain places. Like the military base. The internals of the base (all the machinery etc.) only pop in after I've been capped. I have never lasted more than 2 minutes dropping there because I haven't been able to pick stuff up before being killed.

If I parachute down onto the roof of the high rises I'll be stuck in place 'vibrating' for a good 10/15 seconds before the roof 'snaps' in and I can move properly and pick stuff up. If I interact with stuff in this 'vibrating state' i'm liable to get stuck in walls/furniture when they pop in.

So I don't drop there obviously. But this fragmentation on one 'unified platform' is going to become more severe as time goes on I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Basil3 wrote: »
    A few days ago, I got stuck in the wall in an apartment block, up above the sink. My teammates eventually had to leave me, but I kept wriggling for a solid 5 minutes and I finally got free when I stripped off all my clothes. Don't know if it was coincidence :pac:

Happens to me semi regularly. Team mate on Xbox S shoots me until I fall down to my knees - that seems to 'break' me out and I can then be revived and move again.

quad_red wrote: »
    Try it on a vanilla Xbox! I cannot drop into certain places. Like the military base. The internals of the base (all the machinery etc.) only pop in after I've been capped. I have never lasted more than 2 minutes dropping there because I haven't been able to pick stuff up before being killed.

If I parachute down onto the roof of the high rises I'll be stuck in place 'vibrating' for a good 10/15 seconds before the roof 'snaps' in and I can move properly and pick stuff up. If I interact with stuff in this 'vibrating state' i'm liable to get stuck in walls/furniture when they pop in.

So I don't drop there obviously. But this fragmentation on one 'unified platform' is going to become more severe as time goes on I'd say.

I'm considering getting an external SSD to at least partiatlly solve the rendering issue on my One S. I'm constantly having to uninstall games to make room for others, so I need one anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The test servers that they're setting up will have improved art streaming, which should help with the textures and getting stuck in stuff.
    After extensive efforts, we’ve been able to get Miramar ready for Xbox. Miramar will be coming to test servers before the end of April, and we expect it’ll hit live servers sometime in May.

The Miramar test server update will also include new vehicles and weapons, alongside several crucial gameplay optimizations. Here are just two examples:
    • Our art asset streaming process has been optimized. This will somewhat improve the “play-doh” effect on textures and will mitigate interior prop pop-in issues. This will make a big difference in the early phases of each game.
    • Our character movement system was also causing some problems, and has now been optimized. Performance and stability will be better even when many players gather in one location. We expect this to help out the game’s performance past the mid-phase.
    Expect to also see new and improved designs for out-of-game menus and screens. The update is necessary to prepare our servers for when event matches and custom matches are introduced later on.

Finally, improving crashes is our highest priority. Simply put, stability is the most basic element that determines gameplay quality, so we’re taking it seriously and focusing on it with every patch. All of these changes will hit the test server first so we can make sure the above-mentioned optimizations run well before pushing them to live.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    The test servers that they're setting up will have improved art streaming, which should help with the textures and getting stuck in stuff.

Had a few games just there and playing on the Europe server the rendering took ages, changed the region to North America and 3 games in a row the rendering was done before I hit the deck each time, that’s going straight down.. all these were on the old Xbox.. gonna try it out on the S later and see if it’s the same..

Played last night, some poor guy must have hidden in a bush to go to the toilet or something because I was on top of him before I saw him and he never shot, I even viewed through a scope to make sure I wasnt seeing things. I almost didnt kill him. Almost....

Played last night, some poor guy must have hidden in a bush to go to the toilet or something because I was on top of him before I saw him and he never shot, I even viewed through a scope to make sure I wasnt seeing things. I almost didnt kill him. Almost....

That happens a lot when the game crashes for a player. You can restart and rejoin the game, assuming you haven't been killed.

Very proud of my partner in crime in Duo last night. He got the last kill and first chicken dinner with an Uzi against a ghillied up dude packing an AR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

astradave wrote: »
    No sign up to the testing server either, if you have the base game you can opt in. That test server is going to be seriously strained :D

How do you opt in?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    How do you opt in?

They haven’t released more details yet,

My thoughts would be that they are going to update it with Miramar, the test server is a stand-alone server, you can play it but I’m sure there will be problems on it so people might stay away until it has been put on the proper servers. Problems like matchmaking and lag will be bad on it I reckon.. but it’s a stress test really so that’s to be expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

My screen boundaries seem to have changed since the last update and I can't for the life of me find the option to change them :confused:

maximoose wrote: »
    My screen boundaries seem to have changed since the last update and I can't for the life of me find the option to change them :confused:

The deadzone setting isn’t it.. or are you talking about the screen to tv size?

Very proud of my partner in crime in Duo last night. He got the last kill and first chicken dinner with an Uzi against a ghillied up dude packing an AR.

Are Ghillie suits on xbox? I have only seen them on PC!

Are Ghillie suits on xbox? I have only seen them on PC!

I’ve had a few, only ever got them in crate drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

astradave wrote: »
    The deadzone setting isn’t it.. or are you talking about the screen to tv size?

Screen to TV yeah, seem to have lost a small fraction of the screen on the left hand side - only for PUBG

Advertisement