Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

If anyone doesn't know, they had major issues with the test and had loads of downtime overnight, so the test for today has been extended through to tomorrow morning. I had a couple of rounds, it runs quite smoothly.

Looks like the test server is being left open right through to Monday morning now. Am finding the new map a bit big, can really suck if you don't find a vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Basil3 wrote: »
    Looks like the test server is being left open right through to Monday morning now. Am finding the new map a bit big, can really suck if you don't find a vehicle.

I love it! Played a few last night, very hard to stay stealth on the terrain if your outside circle. Going to need a big change in tactics! The pick up trucks are quite slow but you can move over most of the terrain with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

astradave wrote: »
    I love it! Played a few last night, very hard to stay stealth on the terrain if your outside circle. Going to need a big change in tactics! The pick up trucks are quite slow but you can move over most of the terrain with ease.

I hated it on PC too at first, but after you get used to it, it is grand. Still prefer the other map!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

ANyone have a crack at test servers? Was the map any good? I've seen clips from PC and it looks like new weapons and vehicles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ANyone have a crack at test servers? Was the map any good? I've seen clips from PC and it looks like new weapons and vehicles.

Ya, the new pistol/revolver is savage, I didn't use the Winchester rifle even though I picked it up most matches, didn't try the sawed off shotgun which takes up a pistol slot.

The new map is cool, very different, the built up areas are really built up compared to Erangels larger towns and cities, there is tonnes of cover and hiding spots, then the open areas are really open will barely any cover unless you count the undulating terrain, but you do feel very exposed when out in the open.

Scopes are a must, you would need at least a 2x or you will be in trouble in the mid to late game.

For those people that are really good at sniping, they will probably love this map, I still can't seem to hit anything with a Kar98!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I still can't seem to hit anything with a Kar98!

Same, I have way more luck with the Mini 14 but thats never at massive range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Same, I have way more luck with the Mini 14 but thats never at massive range

I've got some decent long range kills with a DMR, but with a sniper rifle I have only 3 kills after 100s of hours of play. 2 Kills with an AMR at medium range and one medium range headshot with the Kar98.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I dunno I liked the map, plenty of cover and looks and plays nicely but the looting is incredibly frustrating. Searching big apartment blocks and houses and finding shag all loot. Trying to spot a vehicle while parachuting was hard to make out as well.

The new map actually got me to the point where I can use the Kar98. On the other map, I would avoid it like the plague, and go for a Mini14 or SKS. In Miramar, the Kar and a 4x seemed to be pretty easy to come across, so I got some practice.

Overall, I did enjoy the new map, but there's still loads of it I didn't check out. Most of the time, I would just drop straight into Pecado and die quickly, or pick up a few quick kills.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Patch Notes:
    Since we recently verified some optimization and performance improvements on the recently launched on the Test Server, we’re now ready to bring these over to the live server.

PATCH TIMING:

May 2, 1am PDT / May 2, 10am CEST / May 2, 5pm KST

PATCH CONTENT:

These optimization and performance improvements have been proven to be effective on the PUBG test server, so we’re bringing them over to live servers now.

The free-fall and parachuting process has been optimized, leading to performance improvements during the initial stages of each game.

World loading has been optimized. “Play-doh” and interior prop pop-in effects have been improved.

Movement data for nearby but out-of-sight players is now handled in a more efficient manner, resulting in general performance improvements.

Similarly, when nearby but out-of-sight players equip or unequip items, this process is handled in a more efficient manner. This helps with performance and crashes throughout the game.

The inventory has been optimized, improving response time when opening it and solving some crashing issues.

Uninhabited boats and vehicles were causing some performance issues, and we’ve resolved this issue.

KNOWN ISSUE:

After long play sessions (three or more hours) on the standard Xbox One and the Xbox One S, the game sometimes crashes. This has been a problem for some time, and we hope to solve it soon. In the meantime, there’s a simple workaround you can use. Simply restart the app every couple of hours if you plan on playing a longer play session.

Great to see that they're getting performance improvements and fixing crashes at the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just had a quick game there*, and while it's been a while since I've been on, the frame rate in combat seemed a lot better, and the inside of houses actually looked alright, seems the textures were actually loading in this time.

*Quick because I died quick, not by choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got 2 games in last night, tbh, I cant say i noticed any improvements as such, playing doubles, we rolled up on a cluster of bungalows, 2 of which turned out to have separate teams hidden inside - cue a big gunfight with the framerate taking a major hit as usual. I'm on a One X with an SSD. I'm hoping they'll start making meaningful progress with upgrades now that the test server is up, but I've noticed I'm less inclined to have 'one more go' than i was before.

Got 2 games in last night, tbh, I cant say i noticed any improvements as such, playing doubles, we rolled up on a cluster of bungalows, 2 of which turned out to have separate teams hidden inside - cue a big gunfight with the framerate taking a major hit as usual. I'm on a One X with an SSD. I'm hoping they'll start making meaningful progress with upgrades now that the test server is up, but I've noticed I'm less inclined to have 'one more go' than i was before.

Yeah, all my encounters were 1v1, so perhaps not all that indicative of big fights.

Just in case anyone doesn’t know, the test server is back up for the weekend till 8am on Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

FInding the new map so difficult towards the end when there is just open space for days and the circle isnt nice to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Game is actually getting worse.

Couldnt run 50 yards without character stopping

It was as laggy as when it first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I've actually found it much better over the last 2 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

New map coming the 24th of May.

gmg678 wrote: »
    New map coming the 24th of May.

The test servers are back up this evening from 4 with no end date confirmed yet so they might keep it open until they switch it to the full game with the other patches and improvements on the 24th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Miramar / May update is live now - 9GB
    The May update is a major update focused on improvements to stability and optimization, as well as the addition of Miramar.

Miramar will be available on live servers from May 24 00:00 PDT / May 24 09:00 CEST
    The PUBG Xbox team has been constantly monitoring and reviewing your feedback from both the live servers and PTS. We are constantly focusing on improving service stability and game optimization.

Some examples of problems which we are improving this patch are: Situations where the characters get stuck in the yet-to-be-loaded interior pop-ins. Situations where objects (especially buildings) were rendering too slow for users to enter.

The May update adds a highly predictive-based loading system, which improves the system's overall performance in order to facilitate more advanced and optimized map loading. It will change the priority of the loading process, which will improve loading of the area where the player decides to land.

This, as well as other improvements have been made to make loading of the map, objects and players a smoother experience overall. This system will become more effective as data is accumulated and as time goes on, you will experience more optimized and stabilized gameplay.

In addition, we’ve collected about 1,500 bug reports (including redundancies) from the past 4 PTS tests. Also, issues that may cause problems in the Live Server have been fixed in the May Update build. Community feedback on the May update will also be monitored and reviewed to help improve future patches.

We thank all the testers who participated actively in PTS.

Optimization / Stabilization

Both Miramar and Erangel have significantly improved overall game performance on the Xbox One/S/X and stability has also been improved. Optimization and stabilization is still the dev team’s top priority. Our goal is to deliver constant improvements.

The free-fall and parachuting process has been optimized, leading to performance improvements during the initial stages of each game. The world loading process has been optimized, allowing buildings and their interiors to load simultaneously and reducing the overall rendering time. The handling of resources for unseen nearby characters’ movements has been optimized to improve performance of the game. Handling resources of equipping and unequipping items of unseen nearby characters have been optimized to improve performance during the early game and to reduce the likelihood of crashes Character inventory loading has been optimized, improving response time when opening inventory and reducing crashing. Unoccupied vehicles/boats have been optimized to increase the overall performance of the game.

They have made the rendering of buildings even worse. Not even sure how that is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

They have made the rendering of buildings even worse. Not even sure how that is possible.

How is it worse?

I play on the original xbox one and still only find a problem when I land in a congested area, which has always been the case.

quad_red wrote: »
    How is it worse?

Ever since I put the game on an external SSD, I never had to wait for anything to render. Now I'm back to being able to run through walls on occasion.

Ever since I put the game on an external SSD, I never had to wait for anything to render. Now I'm back to being able to run through walls on occasion.

Noooooo 😭

I’m the same. Was wonky as hell until I put it on an SSD and since it’s been quite stable. Buildings render immediately etc.

I thought by the patch notes it didn’t go live till tomorrow at 8am..

My understanding was that the new map goes live then. I dunno.

The patch is out, with the map included, but it's to go live later.

• Advertisement

Yeah frame rates are marginally down except in two scenarios where they’re on the floor - the initial drop and driving a boat. Must have been down to 10fps in the boat.

Advertisement