Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Anyone find it easier to just play duos if you're solo queuing? It seems like its quite easy to get top 10 if you just ignore your team mate and play it as a solo.

Anyone find it easier to just play duos if you're solo queuing? It seems like its quite easy to get top 10 if you just ignore your team mate and play it as a solo.

Probably is the way to go. I really struggle on duos, and have no idea why. I have plenty of solo and squad chicken dinners, but things always go tits up on duos for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

Basil3 wrote: »
    Probably is the way to go. I really struggle on duos, and have no idea why. I have plenty of solo and squad chicken dinners, but things always go tits up on duos for me.

I play duo's a lot with one of my friends, I find if one person dies the other doesn't care and usually goes kamikaze then to just start and=other game, unless we're pretty close to the last few circles.

Could be why if you're playing with someone else and not bothering with them you won't take chances in reviving them or won't care about getting killed early and starting a new game with them.

I feel like players let their guard down more if they think someone has their back and then theyre easy pickings.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

I play in a 4 player squad with friends most nights and we all have agreed performance is definitely worse than ever with the latest update. To name a few issues:

Trouble in the lobby trying to ready as a squad (4 players). Annoying having to quit and restart the game numerous times so everybody can ready. Gets very tiring at the end of every match having to perform this.
    Buildings not rendering for up to 30 seconds after landing, sometimes becoming stuck in objects if they render and you are in the wrong place (this always existed to an extent but now is much worse than before)
    Heavy rubber-banding for up to 30-40 seconds when landing on ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Play in a 4 player squad with friends most nights and we all have agreed performance is definitely worse than ever with the latest update. To name a few issues:

Trouble in the lobby trying to ready as a squad (4 players). Annoying having to quit and restart the game numerous times so everybody can ready. Gets very tiring at the end of every match having to perform this.
    Buildings not rendering for up to 30 seconds after landing, sometimes becoming stuck in objects if they render and you are in the wrong place (this always existed to an extent but this is much worse than before)
    Heavy rubber-banding for up to 30-40 seconds when landing on ground

Yeah the rubber banding is such an annoyance. I had it before the update for a few seconds every time I land but yesterday I literally had it for 90 secs after I landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Yeah the rubber banding is such an annoyance. I had it before the update for a few seconds every time I land but yesterday I literally had it for 90 secs after I landed.

Agreed, it was bearable before but now its pretty much unplayable. At least on the Xbox one.

The last update is beyond a joke.

The rendering is terrible on landing, particularly in Miramar. It's worse than it ever was on the test server.

Some other things that haven't been mentioned:

- I will get a crash on Miramar in most matches. Sometimes I will get more than one crash in the same game.
    - A few times, when returning from a crash, my TPP camera view will be at waist level, and when I lie down it goes below the level of the ground. It goes without saying that I don't last for long when this happens.
    - I was playing with a guy on the weekend, and he teleported about half a kilometre across the map. He was looting a building, then the building disappeared. It took a while to realise he had just been transported out into an open field.

I dont understand why rendering is so awful on the new map, i hate seeing it pop up for fear of landing and having to stand outside a building or empty site, waiting for it to render.

The problem with the rendering now is that its not just an initial render.

You could wait for the building to spawn... loot the roof, enter it and enter a small room where cardboard boxes render and trap you inside(that specifically happened to me)

Or try to cross a bridge a few mins into the game but fall through it as its not rendered when it must have for anyone who landed there.

The game is far worse now... 6 months in and you still crash every second game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The problem with the rendering now is that its not just an initial render.

You could wait for the building to spawn... loot the roof, enter it and enter a small room where cardboard boxes render and trap you inside(that specifically happened to me)

Or try to cross a bridge a few mins into the game but fall through it as its not rendered when it must have for anyone who landed there.

The game is far worse now... 6 months in and you still crash every second game.

It’s all the crap HDD in the original Xbox. I play with two other guys regularly. Two originals Xbox and one Xbox S. Myself and the other original Xbox guy have always been plagued by poor performance compared to the guy with the S. Until I got an SSD.

Now I appear to be on a par with the S whilst the guy with the original Xbox without an SSD has all the issues you’re describing above.

Had that teleportation thing happen to me now.....one second I was looting with my squad in Georgopol, next thing I was near the military base.

Had several game crashes last night. One of them when there was only 8 people left and when i got back in I had died to the storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Had that teleportation thing happen to me now.....one second I was looting with my squad in Georgopol, next thing I was near the military base.

At least you went into the Circle instead of the opposite way :D

The neverending cycle of fixing and breaking stuff continues.
    Hi players,

This is an update to address specific concerns regarding performance since the latest patch. While this post doesn’t cover each and every player concern, we will keep you updated on other key concerns through additional posts like these.

Recently, many of you have experienced a significantly worse experience with certain aspects of PUBG's performance, especially when it comes to building load-in near the beginning of the match. Essentially, this is due to a side effect caused by the game's new prediction-based level streaming feature.

Prediction-based level streaming was introduced to improve the system’s overall performance in order to facilitate more advanced and optimized map loading.The new level streaming feature will be improved over the coming weeks, making it much better at prioritizing which areas to load in first as more data is accumulated. It will change the priority of the loading process, which will improve loading of the area where the player decides to land. This issue has a higher chance of occurring in Miramar than Erangel, in part because Miramar has more buildings (in compact areas). The prediction logic is being tuned to work more efficiently in these situations in particular.

We’ve also removed the process of displaying half-loaded (Play-doh) buildings, as it used resources which slowed down the level streaming process.

We believe that within a couple of weeks, world loading will have improved noticeably—and that the rate of overall improvements will increase going forward.

Regarding crashes, we’re analyzing data to determine the exact reason for the increased instances of crashing that many players are reporting. We will continue working to improve stability and performance as our highest priority.

While our development team are working to reduce instances of crashing and improve performance, team members from other parts of the development team will focus on fixing bugs which impact the core gameplay experience.

Thanks for playing,

The PUBG Corp. Xbox Team

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I'm not even going to attempt to play this game again until the rendering issue is sorted. I shouldn't have to buy a newer Xbox just to play this broken game.

JNumber of drop outs again is nuts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's an absolute joke.

They really screwed up on this. Seems like they spent all that time pre-release trying to port the PC version over to console when they should have looked at what made sense for a console instead. Look at the mobile version, you can tell it's had major surgery behind the scenes, and it's all aimed at maximising the strengths of the platform it's on. You just don't get that sense here, it's literally the PC version, running on a console that's not able to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's an absolute joke.

They really screwed up on this. Seems like they spent all that time pre-release trying to port the PC version over to console when they should have looked at what made sense for a console instead. Look at the mobile version, you can tell it's had major surgery behind the scenes, and it's all aimed at maximising the strengths of the platform it's on. You just don't get that sense here, it's literally the PC version, running on a console that's not able to deal with it.

I play mainly on my tablet now out of convenience, but also because once I updated the rendering was horrible.

They dropped an update this morning, which completely broke the game. After a couple of hours of abuse on Twitter, they got it fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Boop de doop

They dropped an update this morning, which completely broke the game. After a couple of hours of abuse on Twitter, they got it fixed.

I didn't update it, only have 97MB on my xbox

Is this game play anywhere, or at least have synced progress between xbox and pc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is this game play anywhere, or at least have synced progress between xbox and pc?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lol, the images of a server room in flames must be very close to the mark for these lads. They've now issued a second letter to players, basically asking us all to remain calm
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/8nt9zt/dev_letter_upcoming_fixes_and_features/

Miranmar is doing my head in. Buildings loading better. But then weapons load and the ammo doesnt. SO i could have a weapon with no ammo as someone else manages to get a weapon and simply run up and shoot me.

Miranmar is doing my head in. Buildings loading better. But then weapons load and the ammo doesnt. SO i could have a weapon with no ammo as someone else manages to get a weapon and simply run up and shoot me.

I can live with all that for now. Just fix the crashes, it's beyond a joke.

Improvements in crash rate incoming (supposedly):
    Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the recent dev letter, the top priority for our development team is to improve optimization and stability of the game above all else.

Our next patch is planned to release on June 26. The main focus of the patch is to reduce crashing and improve performance. With our commitment to be more frequent and transparent with our communication, we will update you weekly, letting you know how we’re progressing as we get closer to the June 26 patch.

With that said, today we’re releasing a hotfix to reduce crashes related to a specific issue that has been identified with the 3D character render on the inventory screen. We’d like to thank all the players who reported this as a potential cause of crashes.

HOTFIX PATCH TIMING

June 7th 01:00 AM PDT / June 7th 10:00 AM CEST

The 3D character render in the inventory screen has been temporarily removed, as this was causing crashes. In our testing, after this change, crashes have decreased significantly on the Xbox One X, with S and OG having some an overall decrease in crashes as well. Once we’ve fixed this issue with the 3D character render, it will be added back into the game with an option to turn it on/off via the settings.

Thanks

PUBG Xbox Team

I can actually tell when a crash is coming now....I start to get screen freezes that often get worse before it comes. I've started trying to find a quiet spot and kill the game then restart it to avoid the crash....at least then there's less chance of it coming at an inconvenient time.

Game is unplayable atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I find once one team mate crashes we all do.

In a game last night one lad lagged out early and we waited for him to get back in. Then the other three lagged out at the same time

Its a Constantthing now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I’ve given up playing it now, at least until I know it’s properly fixed. I only get an hour or two to play in the evenings with the baby so not a hope am I wasting it on a game that crashes all all the time, spending more time going in and out of games than actually playing it

Advertisement