Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

astradave wrote: »
    I’ve given up playing it now, at least until I know it’s properly fixed. I only get an hour or two to play in the evenings with the baby so not a hope am I wasting it on a game that crashes all all the time, spending more time going in and out of games than actually playing it

Mobile has been a godsend and really handy for grabbing a game here or there. Still a few bots, but the level of competition has increased greatly. I havent played on xbox in weeks.

Mobile has been a godsend and really handy for grabbing a game here or there. Still a few bots, but the level of competition has increased greatly. I havent played on xbox in weeks.

I don't think I'll ever get my head around how people can enjoy playing on a mobile. Showing my age, I guess!

Basil3 wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever get my head around how people can enjoy playing on a mobile. Showing my age, I guess!

I play it on my tablet, found it awful fiddly at first but once you get used to it, its grand. PC is still my favorite way to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

astradave wrote: »
    I’ve given up playing it now, at least until I know it’s properly fixed. I only get an hour or two to play in the evenings with the baby so not a hope am I wasting it on a game that crashes all all the time, spending more time going in and out of games than actually playing it

Same, haven't played since they launched the test server, I got sick of trying to convince myself they'd made improvements when I couldn't see any difference. Its such a shame, when it works its amazing, but the bull$hit to enjoyment ratio is all wrong at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

My internet is **** and I'm on the OG Xbox and my game hasn't crashed since the new update. Before I used to crash every other game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Crashing regularly for us as a group.

Although when i get into a close gunfight my screen constantly freezes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

What's the story with this game I haven't been able to get a game in about a week.......won't match make. Now I on my dip in and out a couple of times a week only but it's pissing me off now.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    What's the story with this game I haven't been able to get a game in about a week.......won't match make. Now I on my dip in and out a couple of times a week only but it's pissing me off now.

Which game mode/perspective/server?

I never have any trouble on TPP, go on the US server at certain times though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

ECO_Mental wrote: »

If it's FPP then that mode is pretty much dead,i think have even taken it offline on the European servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Dozyart wrote: »
    If it's FPP then that mode is pretty much dead,i think have even taken it offline on the European servers.

Yeah your right went into TPP and got a game :o

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

So annoying having to search US servers for FPP.

Hotfix being pushed tomorrow morning, hopefully it improves the crashing. I've started crashing when jumping out of the plane on Mirimar a lot lately.
    Hello everyone,

Today we’re sending out a hotfix with the primary purpose of improving stability and reducing the number of crashes players experience. A major bug fix is also included in this update. We will continue to release the update in multiple parts to give our players a better experience as early as possible!

PATCH TIMING

June 20th 01:00 AM PDT / June 20th 10:00 AM CEST

PATCH CONTENT

Stability:

A memory leak was fixed regarding character renders, increasing efficiency of the process and reducing crashes.

This will help with reducing crashes when playing for a long duration.

To explain this in more detail, each time a scene was changed, (Start Screen ← → Lobby ← → Ingame) the memory being cached for character rendering was leaking. This means that the cached memory wasn’t being released, reducing the amount of available memory every time a scene was changed.

In game, the memory is cached for every character within a 1km radius around you. This meant that when you died, causing a scene change back to the lobby, the cached memory was leaked for all characters within the 1km radius around you and became unusable memory. When transitioning to different scenes to and from the lobby, cached memory for up to 4 characters was being leaked (depending on party size).

This means that upon entering a new game, returning to the lobby or start screen, each time the amount of available memory would be reduced until reaching the ‘out of memory’ phase, which increases the probability of crashing.

Simply put, character renders stored in cached memory weren’t being released from the cache correctly, causing large amounts of memory to become unusable. Over time, this would cause the game to enter the ‘out of memory’ phase unnecessarily, increasing the probability of crashes.

Stability - Level Streaming:

We’ve made improvements to level streaming logic which will reduce crashes. The process of loading resources while simultaneously offloading the oldest stored resources has been made more efficient. The total number of resources stored has been lowered.

Bug fixes:

Fixed a bug where vehicles would sometimes lift off the ground and spin rapidly

Our number one priority is to improve performance and stability.

Today’s update brings meaningful improvements to stability, reducing crashes, especially over long gaming sessions.This doesn’t mean that all crashes will be gone, there are still many causes of crashes which we’re working hard to fix as soon as possible.

Performance improvements are still fully focused by our engineers and we hope to have it improved as soon as possible. Based on player feedback, we’re prioritizing improvements to increase performance at the start of the game when landing, as well as when driving vehicles.

We’ll keep you updated with our progress as we work towards the next patch/hotfix.

Going forward, we will be providing more frequent updates to improve performance, stability and to fix important bugs. We will be pushing these updates as soon as they’re ready to go, rather than waiting to include many different improvements in one major update.

Thanks

PUBG Xbox Team

Nothing on early game rubberbanding. I'm not buying a One X simply to play PUBG and load in first.

Nothing on early game rubberbanding. I'm not buying a One X simply to play PUBG and load in first.

A faster external hard drive would do the trick. There are advantages and disadvantages though. Even though my stuff renders in faster than my squad mates, they can run straight through walls to get decent guns while I have to search for them.

I have an external HD, but it might be too old to be of any real benefit.

I have an external HD, but it might be too old to be of any real benefit.

I think the internal one is 5400 RPM, so you'd have to check whether your external one is faster than that.

Have played 4 or 5 games since the update this morning, and not one crash. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Have to love Bluehole. "We're releasing a hotfix to improve matchmaking".

Matchmaking ends up completely broken last night, along with missing clothes and 0 BP.

Wtf, i cant seem to get the old map.

Tried playing at the weekend. Crashed after a few minutes, kept saying there was a problem with my network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

New PTS server back live Today. Some interesting changes.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/274684-xbox-pts-patch-notes/

Have to say, the last couple of patches have really improved the game. Still a few bugs, but the crash rate has been seriously reduced.

Will give the PTS a whirl later.

Not sure if its been posted here already or not, but theres a website called pubg-replay.com that lets you rewatch your matches, and you can also toggle to other players, see how much health they had when you killed them etc. just enter your server and gamertag and off you go.

Rendering and crashing significantly improved on PTS, im quite enjoying it. Look forward to it going live so i dont have to play US servers though.

Rendering and crashing significantly improved on PTS, im quite enjoying it. Look forward to it going live so i dont have to play US servers though.

The PTS rendering and frame rate is much worse than on the normal version atm. They've also made the colours weird on the PTS. Haven't had a crash in the main game for a good while, nor on the PTS.

A good chunk of my game time is on the US servers anyway. I really can't tell any difference between EU and US servers when I'm playing.

Not sure if its been posted here already or not, but theres a website called pubg-replay.com that lets you rewatch your matches, and you can also toggle to other players, see how much health they had when you killed them etc. just enter your server and gamertag and off you go.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. It's interesting to look back at it and see where some guys who seemed to come from nowhere actually came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Play a lot of squads cos I find solo stressful. Will definitely check out a recent game where our squad got absolutely mullered in seconds by another team.

I was last man alive hiding upstairs and had a cooked grenade land a few feet from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Play a lot of squads cos I find solo stressful. Will definitely check out a recent game where our squad got absolutely mullered in seconds by another team.

I was last man alive hiding upstairs and had a cooked grenade land a few feet from me.

Jesus I thought I was the only one I actually get tension headaches playing solo, far too stressful for me.:eek:

Jesus I thought I was the only one I actually get tension headaches playing solo, far too stressful for me.:eek:

I had to stop playing it late at night, I'd end up staring at the ceiling for hours as the adrenalin would be pumping. It can be incredibly frustrating at times, but I've never played any other game that has me on edge like this one.

• Advertisement

I find duos to be the easiest of the game modes.

Advertisement