Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Played a solo round tonight, first time I loaded up in months due to the previous issues. Massive improvements, was very playable and got in the top 20. Might get back into it again! As someone already stated, it's the only game I've ever played that got the stress levels and adrenaline spiking like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Played a solo round tonight, first time I loaded up in months due to the previous issues. Massive improvements, was very playable and got in the top 20. Might get back into it again! As someone already stated, it's the only game I've ever played that got the stress levels and adrenaline spiking like this.
    Fired it on for the first time in months after seeing some of the comments here, running so much better and aim and graphics are so much better. Got to the last 7 with 5 kills as well so will be getting back into it this weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Analog controls coming next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Wait, I have only ever played solo, are you saying there is a chance I could actually win my first chicken dinner if I went in duos?

Also, I'm another that thinks the recent patches have worked wonders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Wait, I have only ever played solo, are you saying there is a chance I could actually win my first chicken dinner if I went in duos?

depends on your teammate.

if you're with someone who'll talk, use their microphone to give callouts etc, then you certainly have a better shot than going solo.

also, its not insta death, you get 'knocked' to a down, but not out status and can be revived if your teammate can get to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

I win loads more duos than i do solos. Even if i play 1 man duos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The looking for Groups section in the Game Hub is great for finding people to play with. I use it whenever the group I usually play with aren’t online.

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Duos is the easiest mode by a distance.

Solo is hard because there's no revive, squads is hard because it's harder to hide 4 people.

awec wrote: »

Solo is hard because there's no revive, squads is hard because theres always one rambo who'll give away your position .

FYP:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

FYP:)

The only response to people ghosting your position.....

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

Solo is hard because there's no revive, squads is hard because it's harder to hide 4 people.

Players seem more alert in solos as well. I like to play duos as a solo as you can often catch out a duo and knock them out quite quickly. I feel like players drop very quickly in duos as well, by the end of the first circle you're usually down to 40-50 people.

Personally, I'd find duos the hardest of the lot to place well or get a chicken dinner. Squads is easiest for a chicken dinner if you're with people who communicate, and solo is usually about 50% people who avoid conflict or aren't using headphones.

Different strokes for different folks i guess. I've finished each update with more wins in duos than solo and squad combined even though i would mostly play squads.

Latest patch seems to have fixed the black screen that was affecting a lot of people when trying to jump from the plane. Personally, I wasn't affected, but always had to wait until near the end of the flight path until all my squad mates were in.

Can't get used to the changes to sideways movement. Never realised how much I strafed until they completely killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Made the mistake of joining a group looking for squad players. Ended up with a crazy bunch of lads from the US, one of which is a member of a biker gang, all of which have now friended me.

And what is it about US lads and being stoned playing PUBG?

Made the mistake of joining a group looking for squad players. Ended up with a crazy bunch of lads from the US, one of which is a member of a biker gang, all of which have now friended me.

Not great to be playing on North America servers, lag means you'll be dead before they've even pulled the trigger.

Reminds me of the early days of xbox live before they had regions with all the marine lads and their I-raq stories.

The only thing more popular than playing stoned is pretending to be stoned.

Scroll through the LFG section of most games, and its an awful cringefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Basil3 wrote: »
    Latest patch seems to have fixed the black screen that was affecting a lot of people when trying to jump from the plane. Personally, I wasn't affected, but always had to wait until near the end of the flight path until all my squad mates were in.

Can't get used to the changes to sideways movement. Never realised how much I strafed until they completely killed it.

Game was unplayable for me in the last patch. Nearly every game I had the black screen until right at the end of the flightpath and in a lot of cases, I had landed before I could see my player.

Scroll through the LFG section of most games, and its an awful cringefest.

I was mainly using it to look for people who'd use a mic. The trick is getting these lads to shut the hell up about their weed guy not showing up. :)

People i play with don't usually announce, you just hear the grinder going in the background.

• Advertisement

Not great to be playing on North America servers, lag means you'll be dead before they've even pulled the trigger.

Reminds me of the early days of xbox live before they had regions with all the marine lads and their I-raq stories.

Regularly play on US servers, and do about as well as on EU. Never noticed a major difference

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

V1 is being released start of next month, the 4th September.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1031916404608385025

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Omg played on xb1x tonight what a shambles, couldn't drive vehicles even though everybody else was, my controls were all over the place basically they went as slow as f**k to do a full look around would take about 30 secs....seriously never seen anything like it.

I think there has been a recent update. God I hate this game :(....but I'm still trying to get a win...7 months later :(

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Didn't have any of those problems.

No idea why they've added dynamic weather when the framerate is still so poor.

be grand, it'll all be finished by 4th september. :rolleyes:

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Omg played on xb1x tonight what a shambles, couldn't drive vehicles even though everybody else was, my controls were all over the place basically they went as slow as f**k to do a full look around would take about 30 secs....seriously never seen anything like it.

I think there has been a recent update. God I hate this game :(....but I'm still trying to get a win...7 months later :(

I did have that issue on the PTS before they patched it, and it seemed to be fine for me on the new update last night. Strange that some people are still getting the issue, though. A temp fix is to tap RB after you've been aiming down your sights, and the movement returns to normal. I managed to get a chicken dinner even with that slow movement bug.

Regarding the chicken dinner, do you mean a solo one, or even in duos/squads? Do you play with a mic and talk to others? That usually helps, although I've had a few dinners in random squads where nobody was talking.

Have to say, the weather adds another element to it, though. Had a match last night with rain and fog, really enjoyed it even though I got headshotted by a Kar98 somewhere out in the fog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Basil3 wrote: »
    I did have that issue on the PTS before they patched it, and it seemed to be fine for me on the new update last night. Strange that some people are still getting the issue, though. A temp fix is to tap RB after you've been aiming down your sights, and the movement returns to normal. I managed to get a chicken dinner even with that slow movement bug.

Regarding the chicken dinner, do you mean a solo one, or even in duos/squads? Do you play with a mic and talk to others? That usually helps, although I've had a few dinners in random squads where nobody was talking.

I only play solo as I'm a sad loner....more like a mid forties parent who only manages to get maybe a half hour or so to squeeze in a game and sometimes have to drop it mid game to find a pair of shoes for a teenager who is already late for training and he swears he looked under the sofa for them, but what do you know they are they are there anyway:mad: (this happened this morning so its a bit raw...:rolleyes:)

Anyway I feel I don't have he time for teaming up for squads and would be unfair if I had to drop in the middle of a game for some reason. I know solo is the hardest but Ive gotten to the last 2 about 4 or 5 times but still cant finish it out:o. I might set some time aside to do squads for my sanity if nothing else.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Haven’t played in a good while but the weather update has me really interested to jump back in, hard to find the time with the young lad though

• Advertisement

Will those of us who own the preview version have to buy the retail version when it comes out?

Advertisement