Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Will those of us who own the preview version have to buy the retail version when it comes out?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

171 solo games later, and I finally bought home a chicken dinner. The feeling of satisfaction is immense.

171 solo games later, and I finally bought home a chicken dinner. The feeling of satisfaction is immense.

Well done. Nothing matches the feeling of a solo dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

It's amazing, isn't it? I've only got one solo dinner, but I jumped out of the chair shouting and fist pumping.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Well done. Nothing matches the feeling of a solo dinner.
    WarpAsylum wrote: »
    It's amazing, isn't it? I've only got one solo dinner, but I jumped out of the chair shouting and fist pumping.

yup, I've been online gaming since quake 1, but nothing has ever got the blood going like this does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You roared down the house at 2am.... didn't you. Now you're in trouble but it was worth it :D

I got mine only a few weeks ago. Just prompted to upload it to YT now.

Funnily, it was one of those matches that I thought was pointless from the get go. No gear early game and chasing the circle for most of it.

Just before this vid started, I had jumped out a window having just headshotted a guy window to window. Land on the ground to see someone straight ahead of me. I was so nervous I hadn't even realised I had switched to my shotgun. Literally shaking!

I reckon you just eventually get yourself a game with all the planets aligned :)

I got mine only a few weeks ago. Just prompted to upload it to YT now.

Funnily, it was one of those matches that I thought was pointless from the get go. No gear early game and chasing the circle for most of it.

Just before this vid started, I had jumped out a window having just headshotted a guy window to window. Land on the ground to see someone straight ahead of me. I was so nervous I hadn't even realised I had switched to my shotgun. Literally shaking!

I reckon you just eventually get yourself a game with all the planets aligned :)

That's exactly it. Eventually things go your way, whether it's the circle favouring you or an opponent doing something stupid.

Your clip is like a collection of so many things I would avoid (having a shotgun near the final circles, burst shot with a scope on M16, slithering like a snake into the final circle with a level 3 bag and no cover, getting caught in the blue) and you still pulled it off :)

That's exactly it. Eventually things go your way, whether it's the circle favouring you or an opponent doing something stupid.

Your clip is like a collection of so many things I would avoid (having a shotgun near the final circles, burst shot with a scope on M16, slithering like a snake into the final circle with a level 3 bag and no cover, getting caught in the blue) and you still pulled it off :)
    I'll definitely keep those tips in mind! :D
    Well that proves I was in bed with lady luck that day ha ha

I'll definitely keep those tips in mind! :D
    Well that proves I was in bed with lady luck that day ha ha

The beauty of this game is everyone can have their own way of playing it, and still do well. I only avoid shotguns because I am completely useless with them. Would fancy my chances with a pistol more than a shotgun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Got my strongest win so far with a decent few kills. I don't win many solos either, so this was good.

https://pubglookup.com/players/big-in-korea/matches/7c00a712-6fb2-4784-b96f-48034107d614

Enjoying the accessibility of weapons etc on Sanhok. Just wish achievements etc werent so buggy on full release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

haven't played the game in a while, went back with the full release. can't shoot for **** anymore. the game is a lot smoother and I think the presets I had on reset.  now if only the achievements were working.

Have played a bit of the COD blackout beta over the weekend, but the issues with lobby and lack of intensity you get in PUBG has seen me coming back to PUBG.

Last night I had the craziest solo chicken dinner where I landed on Mirimar and just drove around for 20+ minutes trying to get up to my 100km driving achievement. At one stage, when there was about 15-20 players left, I came across a crate in the middle of the road. Jumped out, looted it, and got Level 3 everything with M249 and adrenaline. Took the adrenaline to recover damage from the blue and kept driving in circles in the mountains in Mirimar until I ran out of fuel. At that stage, there was about 10 people left. Long story short, killed 4 people with the M249 and got the dinner.

Weirdest game ever considering I only ever planned on driving until someone killed me or blew up my vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

Have played a bit of the COD blackout beta over the weekend, but the issues with lobby and lack of intensity you get in PUBG has seen me coming back to PUBG.

Last night I had the craziest solo chicken dinner where I landed on Mirimar and just drove around for 20+ minutes trying to get up to my 100km driving achievement. At one stage, when there was about 15-20 players left, I came across a crate in the middle of the road. Jumped out, looted it, and got Level 3 everything with M249 and adrenaline. Took the adrenaline to recover damage from the blue and kept driving in circles in the mountains in Mirimar until I ran out of fuel. At that stage, there was about 10 people left. Long story short, killed 4 people with the M249 and got the dinner.

Weirdest game ever considering I only ever planned on driving until someone killed me or blew up my vehicle.

But how many km did you clock up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Well I'm quiet chuffed with myself
    Just got my first kill.

With a shotgun in the face.
    Small steps etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Played PUBG for the first time since playing balckout over the weekend and its confirmed to me that once blackout is out I am done with PUBG. Blackout just feels fairer, I feel I have a fairer chance in combat situation but in pubg, if your spotted before you spot them your done its over no coming back.

Played PUBG for the first time since playing balckout over the weekend and its confirmed to me that once blackout is out I am done with PUBG. Blackout just feels fairer, I feel I have a fairer chance in combat situation but in pubg, if your spotted before you spot them your done its over no coming back.

I dunno. Depends on the situation. I've gone into rooms and started being shot by someone, then turned and killed them. A big part of PUBG is to know where someone is before they know where you are anyway....it's not very realistic that you could be sprung by someone and come out on top.

I think I'll go between Blackout and PUBG. Blackout is smoother, but it doesn't have near the intensity of PUBG when it gets near the end. The looting in Blackout is poor, and it also seems a lot easier to win. I also prefer the general gun mechanics in PUBG.

On a side note, had a good few games of war mode over the weekend. Was nice to have something different, but I'd had enough of it come yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Played a few rounds of PUBG for the first time in months last week, was playing on my S and it has improved quite a bit IMO but still clunky. I'd love to see them get performance up to where it needs to be, but it's been a year and a half now.

Got my first ever solo chicken dinner too, yeo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I dunno. Depends on the situation. I've gone into rooms and started being shot by someone, then turned and killed them. A big part of PUBG is to know where someone is before they know where you are anyway....it's not very realistic that you could be sprung by someone and come out on top.

I think I'll go between Blackout and PUBG. Blackout is smoother, but it doesn't have near the intensity of PUBG when it gets near the end. The looting in Blackout is poor, and it also seems a lot easier to win. I also prefer the general gun mechanics in PUBG.

On a side note, had a good few games of war mode over the weekend. Was nice to have something different, but I'd had enough of it come yesterday.

I think knowing where someone is before they know where you are is a big part of any BR game but for instance in fortnite you have the chance to build a wall to escape and in blackout you can heal quickly to give a chance of combat, but in PUBG its game over most of the time and after 25 mins of looting and possible meeting no one until death its just not as satisfying. Each to there own I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Someone mentioned here (sorry i cant find it) theres an option to deactivate cheat mode?

Where / how do you do that?

Also, any protips from boardsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

New map is out on PTS today.

Anyone played it yet?

SSr0 wrote: »
    New map is out on PTS today.

Anyone played it yet?

Playing atm. Seems ok so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Haven't played this in 6 months+ and hoping to get a few games in over the break. Is the game more playable now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Haven't played this in 6 months+ and hoping to get a few games in over the break. Is the game more playable now?

Yep, youll notice a massive difference from 6 months ago

New patch dropped yesterday, bringing with it a new map and a heap of bugfixes.

One interesting thing - theres now an option (one xbox one x anyway) to prioritise framerate over resolution.
    I played a few games on the new map last night, but I can't honestly say that I notice a difference. Erangel however (and this could 100% be in my head) definitely seemed a fair bit smoother, but I'll admit that I havent played a huge amount of the game in the last few months, so it could just be an accumulation of improvements over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I played a round of COD blackout lastnight as part of the free trial

Really made me wish PUBG was handled by a competent dev team

maximoose wrote: »

Still take PUBG over Blackout any day.

COD itself is far from bug free. I still get game crashes, lobby issues with my party etc.

They're very very different, but I do think that PUBG has come a long way.

In a lot of ways, the engagements in PUBG feel more meaningful than in Blackout, as theres so much more on the line in terms of the time you've invested looting / running the circle etc, not to mention how long it takes to get back into a game again after. When all goes well, its simply immense. That being said, there are times when you'll have an enemy dead to rights and still lose the gunfight, and its utterly infuriating.

Blackout is definitely very polished, but doesnt stick in my mind when I'm finished like PUBG does.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »

Movement etc in COD is very smooth, but i just can't enjoy the fast pace of COD on a large scale. I think PUBG is far more balanced for the battle royale genre.

Struggling with the rubbish they've dropped with this new update though. New title screen is clunky and buggy. Creating squads is a mission as there are constant ready up issues. New map has significant load in errors, especially on original or One S. New map riddled with glitches, most times i'm in a vehicle i end up flying or under the map, and this issue even seemed to appear on Miranmar where I ended up disappearing under the map.

Hopefully they sort quickly as new map plays very well.

Advertisement