Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

well gents, come october, crossplay comes to pubg.
    we'll finally be able to finish the console war for once and for all. Its how I always imagined it, fought out in a storm of glitches, disconnections, and with frame rates reaching the stratospheric height of the mid twenties.

what a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

I was worried X-play would include PC. Game would be unplayable if that were to happen.

Still playing bits of this if anyone still playing away.

GT: GilbertoGalway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Still trying, still shît

PinkyKaloo

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I'm awesome at being a moving target....if you see me on,invite away :)

GT : Gowlbag Baggins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Have tried playing a bit again the last while and whilst I’m ****e it plays a lot differently.

Have been watching games from the perspective of the guys who I’m getting killed by and they are moving in such a way that it looks like mouse and keyboard. Instant lock on on targets, the same jittery movements that PC guys have on YouTube.

I used to get a few kills now even if I open up first on a player it’s just instant wipe out.

quad_red wrote: »
    Have tried playing a bit again the last while and whilst I’m ****e it plays a lot differently.

Have been watching games from the perspective of the guys who I’m getting killed by and they are moving in such a way that it looks like mouse and keyboard. Instant lock on on targets, the same jittery movements that PC guys have on YouTube.

I used to get a few kills now even if I open up first on a player it’s just instant wipe out.

Myself and a friend I play with regularly were two tapped by a lad with a bizon from what must have been over 100m the other night, and we had taken initial shots on their team as they moved across open fields. I don't care how good you are, that level of accuracy just isn't there on a gamepad.
    For the most part though, the game is the best it's ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Myself and a friend I play with regularly were two tapped by a lad with a bizon from what must have been over 100m the other night, and we had taken initial shots on their team as they moved across open fields. I don't care how good you are, that level of accuracy just isn't there on a gamepad.
    For the most part though, the game is the best it's ever been.

Exactly! Last game I played last night I got killed by the guy who eventually won. Watched him for the rest of the game - is he way he moved isn’t possible with a gamepad. The ‘loitering’ movement, the extremely jittery side to side movement to make it hard to draw a bead on you, isn’t possible on a pad.

Are people using mice and keyboard on Xbox?

quad_red wrote: »
    Exactly! Last game I played last night I got killed by the guy who eventually won. Watched him for the rest of the game - is he way he moved isn’t possible with a gamepad. The ‘loitering’ movement, the extremely jittery side to side movement to make it hard to draw a bead on you, isn’t possible on a pad.

Are people using mice and keyboard on Xbox?

It's an adapter yolk that you plug your gamepad into one side and your mouse and keyboard to the other XIM, I believe it's called. Apparently it's hard to disable from Microsofts end as it is essentially mimicking the controller input.

Spectating lads has some degree of lag too though, even if you're looking at a teammate its not what you'd call silky smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

From the bit I've played of it on Xbox, watching players that kill you and team mates after you die definitely isn't as smooth as on pc so it sometimes looks like it could be mouse and keyboard when it's not. I've only seen 2 or 3 guys I'm pretty sure were using m&k from how accurately they could swing side to side stopping on players.

The biggest complaint I hear from mates that play it on Xbox is all the teamers on solo games. Every day they post a couple of clips of it. 2 weeks ago one guy met 6 lads teaming at military and I used pubg replay to confirm it for him. He reported the guy that killed him but I doubt they even get punished tbh.

• Advertisement

Although there are some that play with M&K, I don't think there's that many. One guy in my friends list who streams (Braalik), and he definitely plays M&K, and gets a ridiculous amount of kills, it's just not fair.

There are also some people that play with sensitivity completely maxed, and that can look like it's not a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I have movement sensitivity set very high and ADS turned down to 3 or 4 depending on the scope, so I don't spray everywhere and was doing ok in PUBG with these settings.

Lately, in the final circles I get insta killed, getting absolutely shredded by players.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I have movement sensitivity set very high and ADS turned down to 3 or 4 depending on the scope, so I don't spray everywhere and was doing ok in PUBG with these settings.

Lately, in the final circles I get insta killed, getting absolutely shredded by players.

Playing squads or solo? I find that in squads the skill level is pretty high these days, as a lot of people have moved on to other games and the remaining players are the hardcore PUBG faithful. There also seems to be a lot of squads with their clan tags in their names who are super organised.

I still get a decent amount of dinners playing solo or squad, but definitely think squads isn't as easy as it used to be.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Playing squads or solo? I find that in squads the skill level is pretty high these days, as a lot of people have moved on to other games and the remaining players are the hardcore PUBG faithful. There also seems to be a lot of squads with their clan tags in their names who are super organised.

I still get a decent amount of dinners playing solo or squad, but definitely think squads isn't as easy as it used to be.

Aye, squads are where the battle hardened seem to be found alright. I play duos mostly and even there, the standard of player is higher than what you meet in solos, very rare you catch guys who are totally oblivious

Advertisement