Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Game preview has been around for about 3 years now though hasn't it? The only difference with this one is the big marketing push I suppose, which is pretty lousy for an unfinished game to be far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

logik wrote: »

1: They don't have the money or backing to actually finish the game properly
    2: They have no intention of finishing it properly and just want to cash in on it as best possible now before the cat is out of the bag.

They would be my concerns as well

But still, I'm going to have more fun with this than most games I could pay 50e+ for, so i'm not going to worry about it too much. I hope they finish it, but i'll probably get my moneys worth x 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dont buy that sorry... The way the world works, if someone was to copy and paste this game they would be sued into oblivion. Epic only got away with their game because they have big enough differences.

They could have still released the game on xbox in a BETA stage for free. They should not have charged for it.

Charging people just screens either of 2 things to me.

1: They don't have the money or backing to actually finish the game properly
    2: They have no intention of finishing it properly and just want to cash in on it as best possible now before the cat is out of the bag.

The Only reason that epic got away with what they did is because they own the engine and are sharing tech with Bluehole - if anything, it was a really scummy move on Epics part as Bluehole were hardly going to pull the plug and go to a new engine provider.

With regards to your first point, wasn't the whole point of steam early access to get funding to finish the games? granted there are plenty of horror stories of devs who've taken the money and ran, but from what I've read of the PC version, they've cleaned up a lot of stuff since its original launch.
    With regards to the second, just because the game has sold however many million copies, its not like you just hire hundreds of people to come on board a team and finish out a project within 6 months. I was more than happy to pay for it once I heard that it ran reasonably well, theres hours of fun there to be had, and not a microtransaction in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Not really acceptable is it though? Having to disable core elements of the xbox OS to get a game to offer better frame rates? Having forked out €500 on the worlds most powerful console, to be getting 20-25 fps is an insult.

Has John from Digital Foundry stated.

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/940685089440239626

It's common on Windows 10 to turn off the game DVR for some games due to performance issues.

The game is exactly what I'd expect from the preview program. It's the very first build on console. With many updates to come. It will get better gradually.

However I'll be pisses if they don't show progress in a certain time frame.

Agreed, taking I to account the Christmas break, you'd hope that it'll see a patch by mid February surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I've been pretty hooked on fortnite for the past month. Is it worth getting PUBG now or should i wait for things to be ironed out a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I've been pretty hooked on fortnite for the past month. Is it worth getting PUBG now or should i wait for things to be ironed out a bit?

Get it , its cheap and fun

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

Blanchy90 wrote: »

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-xbox-one

24 Euro on CD Keys, I'll play enough of it to make it easily worth that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have PUBG en route from amazon.

I now need gold membership to play online, where is the cheapest place for codes?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Have PUBG en route from amazon.

I now need gold membership to play online, where is the cheapest place for codes?

cd keys using the 5% discount from facebook usually. Or else if you want EA Access you can get both for 44,99 on amazon

• Advertisement

is there any sort of ranking in it, i mean, will the better players move up ranks and play against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

How playable is it on the original Xbox one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I, and many others had a nightmare buying off cdkeys. The order failed but they took payment anyway, and ignored my emails/tweets about it for 2 days. It was only when I started a paypal dispute that they even responded, they did refund in full though. There were a lot of people in the same position.

I've bought plenty off them in the past but would be wary of doing so again, I just bought it off the store in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I hope they finish it as well, I really do, I'm just not prepared to pay 30e for a game that's not finished.

In a few months if its not dead on consoles by then and a lot of updates have hit then I might consider buying it but until then I think ill stick to fortnite.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    is there any sort of ranking in it, i mean, will the better players move up ranks and play against each other.

There are leaderboards, not sure if matchmaking pays much attention to them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

look for me near the bottom of any leader board LOL. played a few games yesterday and I am getting wiped out pretty fast mainly when I am looking for weapons. Did actually drive a dacia that was actually slower than walking and when I got out got nailed by a jeep driving at high speed. Looking forward to getting to grips with this game as it will be a blast

pmce4 wrote: »
    look for me near the bottom of any leader board LOL. played a few games yesterday and I am getting wiped out pretty fast mainly when I am looking for weapons. Did actually drive a dacia that was actually slower than walking and when I got out got nailed by a jeep driving at high speed. Looking forward to getting to grips with this game as it will be a blast

As someone who once had a loan of a dacia from a garage, that sounds pretty accurate:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

pmce4 wrote: »

That was happening to me the first night, if you're using the elite controller make sure to turn off the trigger thing on the back otherwise you go really slow. Also hold LB to get a speed boost

That was happening to me the first night, if you're using the elite controller make sure to turn off the trigger thing on the back otherwise you go really slow. Also hold LB to get a speed boost

just on the elite controller - if you go into the controller app, you can adjust the triggers so that a half pull gives you the full range of travel. that allow you to leave the stops in place for that nice fast action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

just on the elite controller - if you go into the controller app, you can adjust the triggers so that a half pull gives you the full range of travel. that allow you to leave the stops in place for that nice fast action.

cheers didn't know that, although I don't think speed is what I'm lacking in this game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

I actually was using the elite too lol. we live and learn thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is duo and team not where you have a premade team and load in together?

If you’re not in a duo/squad the game will team you up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I can't help but thoroughly enjoy this every time i play. I was killed by a dude with a crowbar earlier after us both emptying our clips fruitlessly and i laughed at the bonkersness of it all. All the fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Toobz wrote: »
    How playable is it on the original Xbox one?
    Are you a masochist? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Its fine on the one s,i assume that's not much different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So apparently turning off the Xbox's DVR/Game Capture really helps with the frame-rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

We can also post the wonderful PC PUBG issues here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

We can also post the wonderful PC PUBG issues here.

Please, stop. The thread in the General Gaming forum is the place for that kind of willy waving ****e. The game is in bits all over the place, not just Xbox, it'll get better, but it's never going to win any awards for graphics, performance or stability.

Let's keep it to the Xbox version here, otherwise this thread is a bit redundant.

• Advertisement

Starting to feel comfortable killing now. Killed 4 lads i bumped into last before killing myself on a motorbike. Getting the hang of switching to look through a scope makes big difference.

Advertisement