Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Need a reason to play my xbox haven't played in ages is this game worth getting at all.is it still 30 euro.Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Need a reason to play my xbox haven't played in ages is this game worth getting at all.is it still 30 euro.Thanks

Well worth it, my PS4 is gathering dust since I got it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's absolutely brilliant, but only if you're able to put up with a very variable framerate.

The game itself is pretty solid, with not many bugs at all, but it's not optimised at all right now. It is getting better, and they've already released a couple of patches, but this is most definitely an early "Early Access" game.

It's still great fun though, if you can ignore those issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

SSr0 wrote: »
    Anyone up for a Duo?
    JohnsMamsFace02

Add me if you like Marinebinkie615 I have no microphone for the next few days so we will to use guesswork

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's absolutely brilliant, but only if you're able to put up with a very variable framerate.

The game itself is pretty solid, with not many bugs at all, but it's not optimised at all right now. It is getting better, and they've already released a couple of patches, but this is most definitely an early "Early Access" game.

It's still great fun though, if you can ignore those issues.

Ok coolio ill pick it up so may update the auld xbox first havent played it in awhile.ill probably my arse kicked but sure as long I have a bit of craic itll be good.thanks for info

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Well worth it, my PS4 is gathering dust since I got it.

Ya getting bit bored of the ps4 at the moment nothing to play really waiting until days gone comes out in march I think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm slowly getting better.... I think....

Managed to get another top ten, while picking up two kills, which were actually my best kills as well, stalked a person, slaughtered him in a shack, then down to the last few circles, I ducked into a house, heard a guy drive into the zone, picked him off from across the zone.

Died a bit later because I got cocky, but ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

It's a tough but enjoyable game well worth giving it a try,only problem for me is it has no beginner levels I got it 3days ago and I still haven't made my first kill! About 3_4 hrs each day it's scary tough but I am slowly getting the hang of it

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

davycc wrote: »
    I still haven't made my first kill!

I have 98 kills so far.

... I need to stop playing this game.

I have 53 kills in nearly 48 hours gametime, 1 kill an hour...:pac:

2 chicken dinners though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

There is no shame in having a protein shake before bed. Its the perfect chicken dinner replacement to have before crying yourself to sleep. Its my humility meal when a night of PUBG just goes bad :P

Mr.S wrote: »
    FYI this is on CDKeys for €21.59 and you get a free copy of Assassins Creed Unity

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-xbox-one

Thanks just got mine there now saved a tenner n got another game free :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I think I'm getting the hang of this game at last, really is a stealth game in my opnion. getting into the final 20 regular enough, it's the kind of game that gets under you skin when you understand it. Still think the controls could be better. Cant wait until the morning when I get my X.:D:D

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I play mostly squad with randoms, with only 10 or so kills after over 15 hours of play.

Last two games got 6 kills in each, might be finally getting the handle of this game. Love the SKS with a 4X scope.

Mainly a question for pc > xbox players, but does there seem to be a lack of vehicles in the game on xbox?

I watched a lot of pc streamers, on occasion they would not find a vehicle, more often than not though they would.

Was up in Georgopol when circle came in, Sosnovka Island - could not find any vehicle anywhere...:(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sometimes you just get unlucky, they're a random spawn. If anything I thought they seemed more abundant on Xbox but that's probably just luck and a smaller sample size.

Anyone else getting "not authorised"?

Have to quit a few times to get back in...very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

F1ngers wrote: »
    Anyone else getting "not authorised"?

Have to quit a few times to get back in...very annoying.

yes we were getting it earlier seems to be ok now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

dunworth1 wrote: »
    yes we were getting it earlier seems to be ok now

Over on reddit there were suggestions it was a server issue, was hit and miss for a while before we packed it in.

Still lots of rubber banding to contend with, along with some screen tear. Hopefully there's some fresh patches in the offing as it's getting increasingly frustrating every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I've only had a chance to play 2 games. I got 2 kills and came 20th in the first game and in the second I came 38th with 4 kills.

Really looking forward to playing with my new headset :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Over on reddit there were suggestions it was a server issue, was hit and miss for a while before we packed it in.

Still lots of rubber banding to contend with, along with some screen tear. Hopefully there's some fresh patches in the offing as it's getting increasingly frustrating every time.

Yeah, I haven't played a huge amount since the last patch but I'm getting a little more intolerant of the unstable nature of it. While it's possible to get to the top 20fairly consistently by playing smart, once the bullets start flying it feels more like a coin toss. Plus, going back to something like Siege or even the division only serves to highlight how far the game has to go yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I've given up and gone back to the PC version. It's just too horrible to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I've given up and gone back to the PC version. It's just too horrible to play.

its very laggy but not bad enough to make me wanna stop playing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

How do you reset tv screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Got my first win in Squad the other night. Managed to find cover in some containers as the circle was getting smaller, was able to kill 4 players, the last few minutes were nerve wrecking cause the circle got smaller and yet I was still within it at all times, some luck!

New update on the server side, focusing on one cause of crashes, and lag reduction.
    Xbox players,

Quick update; we’ve released a server side patch this evening that addresses one of the lower frequency crashes as well as reduces intermittent in-game lag.

In addition we’ve made progress on the authentication issue that many players have encountered and we hope to completely resolve that issue soon.

We are still very focused on releasing a client side patch that incorporates some of the community feedback that has been raised, as well as priority bug fixes. We’ll have more to share on the timing of that patch in the upcoming days.

New update on the server side, focusing on one cause of crashes, and lag reduction.

where did you see this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can't find anything myself about an update today. That must be the one before Christmas.

The crashes have been pretty much every match now for me and others in the squad. Pain in the arse altogether.

Can't find anything myself about an update today. That must be the one before Christmas.

The crashes have been pretty much every match now for me and others in the squad. Pain in the arse altogether.

found it on the offical forums

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/146870-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-3/

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »

Yeah, I've got that forum favourited.

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/946690775760248832

Honestly thought that they'd hibernate over the Christmas and New Years, so these patches have been a pleasant surprise.

i'm very impressed that the patches keep coming good start anyway hope it continues

Parachuting is all fixed now. No crazy dips to 10 FPS when landing.and the game feels much smoother.

Played my first game of duos yesterday, we did well, 11 kills between us, favourite moment is in the clip below, I thought I was being abandoned, but no......
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/video/41575444

Played my first game of duos yesterday, we did well, 11 kills between us, favourite moment is in the clip below, I thought I was being abandoned, but no......

LOL, that was brilliant.

My advice on the crates is for one person to get out and grab everything while the others drive around the crate for cover. Then get going and when you get to a safe spot have a look through the inventory and spread the wealth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is it vain of me to enjoy my own work :p

Bah, second. Still missing out on dinner.

So quick question for everyone, what do you do when you're fully kitted out, and the circle keeps coming down right on top of the building you're in? I had all the guns, ammo, and medkits I could ever use in ten games, never mind just the one, and having ducked into a building to avoid being spotted by a couple of car drivers, I then proceeded to.....wait. The guys in the cars were joined by another 3, one on a bike, so I stayed put, and the circle keep my house right in the centre each time. Eventually it was just my house, were I picked up a load of kills before finally being killed by the last guy, but I felt kinda uneasy throughout. I generally keep moving, just for fun and loot, but what do you?

The crashing seems to have gotten worse.

Getting a bit tired of it now as in today's batch of games its cost me half my deaths.

Think its time to return to BF until they sort the main issue as the rendering etc is a side point when after 25mins the game crashes and you come back to a death screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So quick question for everyone, what do you do when you're fully kitted out, and the circle keeps coming down right on top of the building you're in? I had all the guns, ammo, and medkits I could ever use in ten games, never mind just the one, and having ducked into a building to avoid being spotted by a couple of car drivers, I then proceeded to.....wait. The guys in the cars were joined by another 3, one on a bike, so I stayed put, and the circle keep my house right in the centre each time. Eventually it was just my house, were I picked up a load of kills before finally being killed by the last guy, but I felt kinda uneasy throughout. I generally keep moving, just for fun and loot, but what do you?

completely upto you. Don't let anyone tell you how to play this game..play it the way you enjoy the most :)
    One thing I have to say about the xbox players..damn but ye love your vehicles. Playing in squad games now I just tell my players to all shoot together and just kill em all. I had got 6 kills last night in about 1 minute thanks to that :) loot galore :D

I'm getting into final ten on a pretty regular basis in solos, but no dinner yet, generally I'll try and drop somewhere a bit secluded to give myself a chance to gear up, but not excessively so. then, depending on the distance to the circle I'll either start hot footing it or look for transport.If I do get a vehicle and as it gets closer then end, i try and skirt the edge of the blue one where its furthest from the white - you'll find fellas running in the open here as they have the most ground to cover. ill hop out of the car, and try and take them down at a distance. I'm doing it for practice as Its the long range engagements that are letting me down, up close I do ok, but from about 75 meters out i have difficulty. I'll abandon the car then near the end and hit the last circle on foot.

As for being camped in a house, fully stocked up with the circle closing in on you? thats like winning the lottery. no point in feeling guilty about it as you wont get so lucky for the next 100 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 x6tence

any tips on surviving, finding vehicles etc? im pretty bad :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Am I missing something there? Why are you reviving one of the guys who attacked you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just finished my first game. 15th with 1 kill, I think I played it a bit too safe.

I assume every time the map closes in you have to make it to the smaller circle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Games unplayable now on my og Xbox. Crashed three times in the first three odd minutes of a game last night. Allowed me back in each time but the third time I was in a river when I logged back in and got shot before I could get out.

They've managed to make the game much worse with the updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

quad_red wrote: »
    Am I missing something there? Why are you reviving one of the guys who attacked you?

Foxer got shot in the vehicle by the looks of it.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just finished my first game. 15th with 1 kill, I think I played it a bit too safe.

I assume every time the map closes in you have to make it to the smaller circle?

The white circle is where the forcefield stops. The blue circle is the forcefield and this slowly shrinks down on top of the white. As the match goes on the forcefield gets stronger and will kill you quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x6tence

Mr.S wrote: »
    There are a few custom community maps with usual spawn spots for vehicles but that takes the fun out of it!

A few tips the that helped me:

Don't focus to much time on gathering loot that would be enough for 10 games, let alone one. Decent rifle and pistol and then i'm on the way. You'll pick up everything you need along the way.

Jump straight into the fight to popular areas (eg prison, school) and get used to the combat style, takes a bit of practise so getting straight into the fight at the start really helps get better at the game! But imo you'll just end up dead straight away if you loot for 20 mins, then spend ages running towards the centre of the circle and then get popped off in 2 seconds during your first fight.

Vehicles can be found pretty easily in the main towns / grouping of houses, look in the garages for the standard crap car. Follow the main roads and you'll come across a buggy or motorbike.

Don't bother trying to go against a car if you're on foot, most likely will end up dead!

Thanks alot I'll try those tips out later.

The game crashes quite alot in a vehicle in my experience im using a xbox one s, hopefully they fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have noticed since the last update that any time I play in a team or duo, my game crashes as soon as I am about to land, never happens when I play solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Glitchy as hell tonight. Seems to be taking longer for my buildings to properly spawn in than others. I’m stuck not being able to go inside buildings (no textured blobs) for the first 20/30 seconds and getting picked off by tooled up people whilst unarmed.

The white circle is where the forcefield stops. The blue circle is the forcefield and this slowly shrinks down on top of the white. As the match goes on the forcefield gets stronger and will kill you quicker

I found that out the hard way. Got down to the last 3 on solo and was in a house which i had to go back outside the forcefield to get out of. Thought I had plenty of health as I only really had to go into the next room and jump through a window. I was dead before I could get back in the zone, was shocked how quickly I died.

• Advertisement
Advertisement