Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portable projector

• 12-12-2017 6:45am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a portable projector that sits on the floor and projects onto a white wall, for displaying videos. I'm a bit clueless as to what specs to look for but the main requirements are that it has a couple of hours of autonomy, a decent, bright picture, USB slot and WiFi. I'll need to attach some speakers as well, do any recommendations are welcome.

Preferably it should not require cables going all over the room but I don't know how good wireless speakers are these days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

For domestic use or for business/exhibition purposes?
    I've had the AAXA P2A for about 6 months now and it has performed superbly. It runs Android as its system OS, which brings a lot of flexibility. It's immensely portable, but probably suffers a little in terms of brightness as a consequence. It has an on-board battery (good for 1-1.5 hours), wifi and Bluetooth. So while the onboard speaker is pretty crap, I would always have it connected via Bluetooth to an externaL sound system. The Android/wifi features mean that I can install the RTE player/Horizon player, Synology movie player etc and stream video though you need a good internet connection and proximity to the wifi connection). It has a USB port and support for memory cards.

No doubt you can get bigger, brighter and more powerful, but for the money and portability, it ticks a lot of boxes. I wish it had more system memory, but apart from that, it's a good option.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wow that is tiny!
    It's for home use so portability is not the major issue, I just can't mount a ceiling projector where I am.

Advertisement