Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with broadband since Sunday, engineer due Thursday or Friday

Options
  • 12-12-2017 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My broadband went down on Sunday afternoon. I phoned Support and was told there appeared to be an outage in my area and they couldn't log a specific fault for me until they got more information on that. They were going to call me back.

I didn't receive a call back so I rang again on Monday morning. I was told the outage was still under investigation and was expected to be resolved by 11pm that night.

There was no change this morning so I called again and this time there was no mention of the outage and a specific fault was logged for my line with an engineer scheduled for Thursday or Friday. 

There's a couple of things -
    First, considering I first rang on Sunday to report the issue I think waiting almost a week is too long for an engineer.

Second, there was another fault and another engineer visit about two weeks ago. With that and this latest issue, I'd like a credit to my account for the week of disruption to service.

Third, I need to access the Internet on my PC today, so I will need to tether my mobile (also with eir) to use its internet connection for about an hour. I want to make sure I won't be charged extra for this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Branoic wrote: »
    Hi,

My broadband went down on Sunday afternoon. I phoned Support and was told there appeared to be an outage in my area and they couldn't log a specific fault for me until they got more information on that. They were going to call me back.

I didn't receive a call back so I rang again on Monday morning. I was told the outage was still under investigation and was expected to be resolved by 11pm that night.

There was no change this morning so I called again and this time there was no mention of the outage and a specific fault was logged for my line with an engineer scheduled for Thursday or Friday. 

First, considering I first rang on Sunday to report the issue I think waiting almost a week is too long for an engineer.

Second, there was another fault and another engineer visit about two weeks ago. With that and this latest issue, I'd like a credit to my account for the week of disruption to service.

Third, I need to access the Internet on my PC today, so I will need to tether my mobile (also with eir) to use its internet connection for about an hour. I want to make sure I won't be charged extra for this.

Thanks.
    Hi Branoic, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service and logging the fault. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll check this for you. 

In relation to tethering the internet, you would need to contact our support team directly on 1890 260 260 and they can advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Branoic wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Branoic,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your service. I'm afraid we won't be able to arrange for a technician to go out to you earlier than Thursday or Friday. If you PM me your account number and full name when this issue is fixed I'll be more than happy to credit your account for the downtime.

If you exceed your data limit on your mobile and are charged, we won't be able to remove the charges I'm afraid.

- Adam

Advertisement