Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another terrible new customer experience

Options
  • 12-12-2017 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

"To whom it concerns,

I initially began my efforts to get broadband and TV with Eir (ref: 832682) last August. Since then it has been, without a doubt, the worst customer experience I have ever had.

I am in the process of building a new house and started the process as mentioned well in advance to ensure I would have service for my move in date. I was told that I would simply have to call back when the road was ready to opened and that I would be connected. When I called back in November to confirm that everything was ready to go on my end, I was informed that my account/order had been cancelled by the system. This was the first time I was made aware of this. 

I then had to go through the ordering process from the very start again, giving all my details for the second time. It was at this time I ordered and was told I would receive Fibre broadband and multiroom. Account: 34577XXX(can send this by pm) was created for me. 

The installation date was pushed back a couple of times. The first installation attempt was a failure, it meant I had to ring again to get another person to come out who identified a fault. However, he did not install multi-room which I had ordered and also did not inform me that the wired download speed was approx 12Mbs, far below what I was sold. I was told I would have to ring again to arrange multi-room installation, despite it being on my initial order, why I had to do all the legwork to give you my business is beyond belief. 

When I rang regarding the multi room installation, I was "promised" by a woman that she would call me back on Monday the 4th at 12:30pm to arrange the installation. Of course, this call never materialised. I rang Monday afternoon to chase and after spending 1 hour on the phone I finally got to speak to 2 different people about my issues. 

I spoke with Nikita regarding the internet speed and she arranged to call me back at 7pm that night to go through issues with the line as I would need to be at the router in question. Nikita rang at 6:55pm and I informed her that I was driving into the house then and there. She said she would call me back to go through it as scheduled but never did. I had to ring on a different phone and finally got to speak with another technician. This technician informed me that my speeds were indeed far too slow and he suspected an issue, that I should be receiving 80Mb/s. However, he simply took my phone to arrange ANOTHER technician to come out to the house (the 3rd in a week). I have since received a text that you "are actively working on the resolution of your fault" but no timescale on when it will be done?

I was also promised on Monday the 4th by a man with the surname O'Sullivan, that I would receive a call from him personally on Tuesday the 5th. Of course, like all the other promises made, this never happened. 

I estimate that I have spent over 20 hours since August trying to give you my business. 

I want to put on the record that I want my "Cooling off" period extended as I do not consider my connection complete to make a fair assessment. 

When are you going to provide what I was sold and ordered? 

What are you going to do to compensate me for the worst customer experience I have had the misfortune to go through? "

The above was sent through the website on 6th December and yet to receive a response. 

Since then, another technician has come out to the house. I have been told that this 12mbs speed is the best I can get and it is not enough to support multi room nor HD.

Despite this, Eir are unwilling to extend my cooling off period as apparently I have received my services. Today is the last day of my cooling off period and I have to resort to this because I am hitting a brick wall with every other attempt.

I do not have the internet speed you sold me and I also do not have multi room so how have I received my services? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

@Adam - Can you please reply to my query?

I note you are active in other threads. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ustari wrote: »
    "To whom it concerns,

I initially began my efforts to get broadband and TV with Eir (ref: 832682) last August. Since then it has been, without a doubt, the worst customer experience I have ever had.

I am in the process of building a new house and started the process as mentioned well in advance to ensure I would have service for my move in date. I was told that I would simply have to call back when the road was ready to opened and that I would be connected. When I called back in November to confirm that everything was ready to go on my end, I was informed that my account/order had been cancelled by the system. This was the first time I was made aware of this. 

I then had to go through the ordering process from the very start again, giving all my details for the second time. It was at this time I ordered and was told I would receive Fibre broadband and multiroom. Account: 34577XXX(can send this by pm) was created for me. 

The installation date was pushed back a couple of times. The first installation attempt was a failure, it meant I had to ring again to get another person to come out who identified a fault. However, he did not install multi-room which I had ordered and also did not inform me that the wired download speed was approx 12Mbs, far below what I was sold. I was told I would have to ring again to arrange multi-room installation, despite it being on my initial order, why I had to do all the legwork to give you my business is beyond belief. 

When I rang regarding the multi room installation, I was "promised" by a woman that she would call me back on Monday the 4th at 12:30pm to arrange the installation. Of course, this call never materialised. I rang Monday afternoon to chase and after spending 1 hour on the phone I finally got to speak to 2 different people about my issues. 

I spoke with Nikita regarding the internet speed and she arranged to call me back at 7pm that night to go through issues with the line as I would need to be at the router in question. Nikita rang at 6:55pm and I informed her that I was driving into the house then and there. She said she would call me back to go through it as scheduled but never did. I had to ring on a different phone and finally got to speak with another technician. This technician informed me that my speeds were indeed far too slow and he suspected an issue, that I should be receiving 80Mb/s. However, he simply took my phone to arrange ANOTHER technician to come out to the house (the 3rd in a week). I have since received a text that you "are actively working on the resolution of your fault" but no timescale on when it will be done?

I was also promised on Monday the 4th by a man with the surname O'Sullivan, that I would receive a call from him personally on Tuesday the 5th. Of course, like all the other promises made, this never happened. 

I estimate that I have spent over 20 hours since August trying to give you my business. 

I want to put on the record that I want my "Cooling off" period extended as I do not consider my connection complete to make a fair assessment. 

When are you going to provide what I was sold and ordered? 

What are you going to do to compensate me for the worst customer experience I have had the misfortune to go through? "

The above was sent through the website on 6th December and yet to receive a response. 

Since then, another technician has come out to the house. I have been told that this 12mbs speed is the best I can get and it is not enough to support multi room nor HD.

Despite this, Eir are unwilling to extend my cooling off period as apparently I have received my services. Today is the last day of my cooling off period and I have to resort to this because I am hitting a brick wall with every other attempt.

I do not have the internet speed you sold me and I also do not have multi room so how have I received my services? 
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your account. The information that you have received is correct, if your line is capable of holding a maximum speed you won't be able to receive a multiroom box or HD channels. We won't be able to extend your cooling off period due to this I'm afraid. Can you PM me your account number and full name, please?

- Adam

Advertisement