Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled direct debit...will i still be able to receive refund?

Options
  • 12-12-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was with Eir for a few weeks but they made a mess of everything so I cancelled my order. They still billed me, despite telling me that I wouldn't have to pay anything because the full order had not been completed, and €19.99 was taken from my account by direct debit. I spoke to them again, they apologised, fully cancelled my order correctly this time, and told me a refund would issue. Because I don't trust them, I cancelled the direct debit myself, but I got a letter from them yesterday telling me a refund will issue in a few days (for €69.25, no idea why they are refunding me more money than I paid them!). Will I be able to receive this refund given that I have cancelled the direct debit to them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi,

I was with Eir for a few weeks but they made a mess of everything so I cancelled my order. They still billed me, despite telling me that I wouldn't have to pay anything because the full order had not been completed, and €19.99 was taken from my account by direct debit. I spoke to them again, they apologised, fully cancelled my order correctly this time, and told me a refund would issue. Because I don't trust them, I cancelled the direct debit myself, but I got a letter from them yesterday telling me a refund will issue in a few days (for €69.25, no idea why they are refunding me more money than I paid them!). Will I be able to receive this refund given that I have cancelled the direct debit to them?
    Hi there,

Thanks of posting here on Boards.

Refunds should be processed as an account transfer as the company will have your BIC and IBAN. It wouldn't be refunded through SEPA so you wont have affected your refund by cancelling the Direct Debit.
    By cancelling it with us, we will take your instruction not to facilitate a direct debit if its presented again under that mandate by the company.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

That's great! Thanks a lot for the reply Jane.

Advertisement