If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Accoustics M4 - remote control issue

Options
  • 12-12-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭

Hi

I purchases an M4 during the summer and haven't really gotten to use it until recently and I'm having a serious issue with the remote control:

- Sitting 6 feet away I point it at the soundbar and it won't work (at same height level as soundbar)
    - Need to stand up and walk towards it so about 3 feet away to make it work

Can you please tell me is this an overall design fault, possible fault with my soundbar or remote control?

Any suggestions as not willing to accept having to stand up every time I want to adjust the volume.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

I purchases an M4 during the summer and haven't really gotten to use it until recently and I'm having a serious issue with the remote control:

- Sitting 6 feet away I point it at the soundbar and it won't work (at same height level as soundbar)
    - Need to stand up and walk towards it so about 3 feet away to make it work

Can you please tell me is this an overall design fault, possible fault with my soundbar or remote control?

Any suggestions as not willing to accept having to stand up every time I want to adjust the volume.
    Hi TheBoinkmaster.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the M4.
    You are the first I have came across with this issue we we have sold hundreds of the M4 due to how well reviewed it was and how good it sounds.

If you want to return the bar and the remote to us here at the store we can get it tested and take it from there for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hi

Thank you for prompt response. I know I had this issue when I first got it and didn't do much so a little behind in timing. I'm not sure what benefit sending it back to you and testing it would be since I've accurately described the issue? I know you have service engineers in Dublin each week so would it not be better to have one of them visit and have a brand new one in their van? Then once they see the issue and confirm it they can swap it out?

I don't want to return it and be without it for Xmas however if you can collect it this week and have a new one delivered next week that would work?

I'm not interested in waiting for your own recourse with manufacturer as I believe that's between you and them.

I've discussed with Stephen and will try sending the remote control up to you first, to check that

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

PM Sent

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Received new remote via courier yesterday and working perfectly - thank you very much for resolving my issue so quickly, great service thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Received new remote via courier yesterday and working perfectly - thank you very much for resolving my issue so quickly, great service thank you.
    Hey TheBoinkMaster.

I'm glad that was a straight forward fix :)

Now you can enjoy your soundbar as it should operate.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.