Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Dublin zoo in winter?

Options
  • 12-12-2017 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Looking for something to do tomorrow and am thinking Dublin zoo with some other people.

Has anybody ever went to the zoo in winter? Is it worth it? Are the animals out or most of them locked away? Am I off my rocker here? (implied)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Dublin Zoo are doing a lights exhibition at the moment, it seems to be really popular. Are you looking to go during daylight or can you wait until its dark?

Wild Lights at Dublin Zoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Dublin Zoo are doing a lights exhibition at the moment, it seems to be really popular. Are you looking to go during daylight or can you wait until its dark?

Wild Lights at Dublin Zoo!

Really popular, to the degree that there’s only 4 days availability left, with limited tickets, and in January.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

alastair wrote: »
    Really popular, to the degree that there’s only 4 days availability left, with limited tickets, and in January.

Wow, I didn't know it was booked out to that extent! I'm not surprised though, you can tell its jam packed when passing through the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

the zoo is open during the winter, but closes earlier in the day. The animals are out, the crowds are low. I have always enjoyed going in winter. Wrap up warm and don't expect all the food places to be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I have some concerns regarding this lights event at the zoo, even more cruelty inflicted on the animals , flashing lights , noise at night when they would normally sleep for the amusement of spoilt children and so they can experience a ' christmas spirit'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oops69 wrote: »
    I have some concerns regarding this lights event at the zoo, even more cruelty inflicted on the animals , flashing lights , noise at night when they would normally sleep for the amusement of spoilt children and so they can experience a ' christmas spirit'

The animals are brought in in the evening time so there's no cruelty inflicted on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

January wrote: »
    Oops69 wrote: »

The animals are brought in in the evening time so there's no cruelty inflicted on them.
    Mmm, if one could ask the animals how they experienced noise and flashing lights in the middle of winter outside their normal routine I wonder what the response would be ?, how would you feel about the same lark suddenly going on outside your home when you’re trying to relax/ sleep .

Advertisement