Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Resource : Bog Liom Primary School Gaeilge series 1980’s/1990’s

Options
  • 12-12-2017 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Anybody remember this series? I used it at school and still use it in my teaching today. Books were published 1983-1989 by Gill and Macmillan. The series is long out of print now but it's still as good as it ever was. I've put a full set of my spares up on Adverts.

https://touch.adverts.ie/school-coll...eries/14231801

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Loved these, any NQTs or those even longer in the job should consider them, a little old-fashioned, but good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Jaygon2009

Yes, really great books. It took me years to complete the series as it was out of print by the time I went looking for it. This is why I held onto any spares I came across along the way.

Tar Liom (the first book published in the series) was the most difficult to find which is why I made a photocopy of it and added it in with the lot on adverts.

Teachers who still have copies are hanging onto them as are resource teachers who have class sets.

G and M do not even have file copies (I inquired when I was looking to source a copy of Tar Liom a year or two back) It's a shame that this series will not be reprinted. It is a little old fashioned but the level of Gaeilge within far surpasses anything currently on the Primary School Curriculum Gaeilge booklist.

Advertisement