Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subletting a retail unit

Options
  • 12-12-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi

I have put a deposit down on a retail unit which is a sub lease of less than 5 years. The lease was received by my solicitor on 13/11 and enquiries are being made and awaiting replies. I'm just wondering does anyone know how long these proceedings normally take for a short term lease? I'm not the most patient person so maybe I'm being unreasonable but I thought a month later I would be signed by now.

My solicitor said she will be in touch when she is ready. Does this length of time sound right? I'd love to have the keys by Christmas so I could start to do some of the clear out/fit, I've told solicitor this but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Do I just have to wait :( I know the solicitor is acting in my interests.

Larko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The place in the post I made earlier we viewed on October 10th and had duration and rent agreed the next day and didn't get the keys until Wednesday last week! The amount of little things the solicitors had to go through was so frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Solicitors are protecting you.

Its short term, its a sub lease.

Are you sure the person you are subleasing from will adhere to terms of their lease.

Will you find locks changed through no fault of your own?

Has the landlord given permission for the sublease?

Is the planning correct.

Are rates up to date.

And that's for starters...

Advertisement