Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas experience for couple (no kids)

Options
  • 12-12-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Looking to do something christmasy but without kids.

Was at fota years ago with my nieces but not sure if I’d go without kids. What’s it like down there this year?
    How about Rumleys? I see you can go there without going to Santa.

Could go to glow but you’d walk around there in a few minutes.
    Anyone been to improv panto?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Go see a choir?

Cork school of music are hosting a choir this Thursday

http://csm.cit.ie/events/csm-christmas-choirs-concert/

Elizabeth Fort:

This Saturday between 2 and 4pm, enjoy some Free Christmas Treats while you visit the walls of the Fort #Christmas https://t.co/2JbOK4bpNN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Two good ideas, thanks!

Go on the ferris wheel too! You get some great views over the city. And there are food stalls, so you can get a bite to eat while you stroll across town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You probably think you'd get around glow in a few minutes, but in my experience doing things as a couple takes a lot longer. If you want to stretch it out a bit, you could stroll around the English market beforehand, and/or go to the Woodford for a bite afterwards. It's actually really nice being in the city at Christmas time.

...at least when there isn't a major storm passing through....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Might be a bit late but if your willing to leave Cork then Bunratty Castle and Folk Park is lovely at Christmas. You can pay the normal entrance fee and enjoy all the Christmas experiences along with the park and castle. The only thing you won't be able to do without a booking is visit santa =)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Any carol singing around Cork this week folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Looking to do something christmasy but without kids.

Was at fota years ago with my nieces but not sure if I’d go without kids. What’s it like down there this year?
    How about Rumleys? I see you can go there without going to Santa.

Could go to glow but you’d walk around there in a few minutes.
    Anyone been to improv panto?

Any ideas?

Fota (Beyond) has a small market set up in the car park, anyone can wobble in for a pizza/sausage/coffee/waffle and soak up the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Any carol singing around Cork this week folks?

There's carol singing in the airport most mornings this week I think.
    Have a coffee and a cake in the warm kinsale cafe whilst listening to them.

Advertisement