Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep drinkers

• 12-12-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Any advice on good sheep drinker, having issues with jfc sheep bowls

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

karolmc100 wrote: »
    Any advice on good sheep drinker, having issues with jfc sheep bowls

What's the problem, I've been using them for years,......are they the blue ones
    Never had any problem,they're better than those fordham galvanised ones, they're always leaking.

these are the ones I have.
    https://www.orchardequestrian.com/JFC-Drinker-Bowl-Self-Filling.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAmb7RBRATEiwA7kS8VGcUZbWsKf72BhjHQGTBZctptiB39lhsaaZiZ2qUtit-2i9Ik4G2-hoCuEEQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭karolmc100

They overflow. They don't seem to be able to stop fully after filling leading to a constant drip from the ball cock resulting in overflow from trough.they are the jfc micro trough.

They overflow. They don't seem to be able to stop fully after filling leading to a constant drip from the ball cock resulting in overflow from trough.they are the jfc micro trough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

They're the same as the fordham, they are designed to be run off a header tank, they'll leak no matter what you do if they're connected to a main line. I got special nozzles for the fordhams but they still leaked...... I changed them all for the JFCs then
    These are the ones I had to get rid, some of them had the same ball cock as your troughs.
    Are yours fed from a header tank

No they off main line, but have special jfc high pressure fitting on them as recommended by jfc for these troughs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭White Clover

No they off main line, but have special jfc high pressure fitting on them as recommended by jfc for these troughs

Put a pressure reducer on the line going to the trough, or as wrangler said, set up a header tank and plumb them from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

Check the nozzle that the ball cock presses against is actually screwed in tight, changed all mine to a header tank and they were still leaking, discovered the nozzles were obviously only ever put in hand tight

Advertisement