Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Options
  • 12-12-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm currently working my way through One Piece. Started 10 weeks ago, up to episode 556, and boy was I missing out! Simply amazing and my next tattoo is from this!

However, I was googling One Piece merchandise, and I came across the above game. It looks pretty good, open world 'hack n slash' type. But I'm wondering if anyone else has played it, and if so, should I wait until I'm up to date before playing it? I don't want to spoil the awesomeness that is the series!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So I'm currently working my way through One Piece. Started 10 weeks ago, up to episode 556, and boy was I missing out! Simply amazing and my next tattoo is from this!

However, I was googling One Piece merchandise, and I came across the above game. It looks pretty good, open world 'hack n slash' type. But I'm wondering if anyone else has played it, and if so, should I wait until I'm up to date before playing it? I don't want to spoil the awesomeness that is the series!

I played it on vita and absolutely loved, so would highly recommend it, I've never watched the anime but since playing two games, its on my list for sometime in the future.

As for it spoiling the show, I think you'll be ok as long as you're past the marine ford arc

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/771435-one-piece-unlimited-world-red/69539690

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh, just past that arc! Awesome! When I'm finished with the Witcher 3 again (so probably a month or so!) I'll definitely pick it up!

And get onto the Anime! It's so good! Everytime I wonder how they can get more powerful, I'm left staring at the screen with me arms up and mouth open!

Read that gamefaq one, and I need to get to episode 630 before playing one of the modes, and I need to finish some Punk arc before the story. Nearly there!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh, just past that arc! Awesome! When I'm finished with the Witcher 3 again (so probably a month or so!) I'll definitely pick it up!

And get onto the Anime! It's so good! Everytime I wonder how they can get more powerful, I'm left staring at the screen with me arms up and mouth open!

Read that gamefaq one, and I need to get to episode 630 before playing one of the modes, and I need to finish some Punk arc before the story. Nearly there!

I played one piece Pirate Warriors 3, that's a lot of fun to but very different from the 2014 game, you have to go to different points on the map and capture them, can't remember the name of the game its similar to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I played one piece Pirate Warriors 3, that's a lot of fun to but very different from the 2014 game, you have to go to different points on the map and capture them, can't remember the name of the game its similar to.

It's a Dynasty Warriors game, one of a few anime versions that Omega Force have done including Gundam, Berserk and Fist of the North Star.

The first game follows the story of the manga up until the Sabaody arc, except the first mission which is the beginning of the Fishman Island arc. It also does some different things with the formula including some platforming(as qtes) sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I enjoyed Red, you can play as each character and they all have quite different abilities and feel nicely different to play as, it's better than Pirate Warriors which is only OK (fighting was a bit boring and the platforming was poor).

My favourite One Piece game by far is Gigant Battle for the DS, great pixel art and 20 playable characters and over 50 support characters.
    Still waiting for the sequel to be translated to English though :(

• Advertisement

I'm only about 50 episodes away from 630, so I'll definitely be picking up Red soon. I've checked trailers for most that I can get here, and Red seems to be the one most in line with the games I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone see the images for the new game? It's an open world game.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/12/12/one-piece-world-seeker-game-announced

If it can look anything like those screenshots, it will be beautiful! Loving the art style, and if they capture the fun of the series, i'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If it can look anything like those screenshots, it will be beautiful! Loving the art style, and if they capture the fun of the series, i'm in!

It's Bandai-Namco, they've been working together with Arc System Works whose toon-shaders are second-to-none (see: Guilty Gear Xrd, Dragon Ball FighterZ)

Awesome! Things are looking good for it so! I'm in total One Piece mode at the moment, and I'm definitely getting the Luffy punch tattoo early next year:

eecfd991c55644078ab17e7b755a3d0f--one-piece-tattoo-pieces-tattoo.jpg - but with a longer arm!

• Advertisement

That is an awesome tatt! if I ever got a tatt it would be anime related.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

God fair play to you for putting what looks at first glance at least 225 hours into a show in 10 weeks, not to open a can of worms in the wrong forum, but if you are going so far as to get a tattoo, read the manga.

One Piece games though are usually more miss than hit, if you are a Gundam fan just think of the games that have been released over the years, a few standouts, but the rest are fairly mediocre, but a tad more appreciated by hardcore fans.

So just shy of 5 months and I'm up to date with the Anime. So this is my next purchase, as i'm already having withdrawals!

Advertisement