Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Masters

Options
  • 12-12-2017 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

its hard to believe that Neil Robertson dropped out of the top 16. Hope Ronnie wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

Yea I saw his win against the Chinese player, he was lucky. I was listening to his interview about why he dropped out of the top 16 and it was due to family reasons. He's a good guy to pay that tribute to his wife. This link will give a good insight on why he was out of the top 16.
    https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/is-neil-roberston-back-to-his-best

He will be hard to beat in the worlds next easter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Selby was unlucky with the kick but Williams played very well. Wasn't much in it.

At least now we won't have to put up with intolerable shots of Vicky in the crowd ;)

• Advertisement

Noticed the 2 cues alright. What's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I see JV is back on the BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

No sound on my feed here, did the comms have anything to say on it? It could just be different tip sizes, smaller one for break building but just a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Great opening day of the Masters! Love the way this tournament is straight in to the action rather than the usual first round feel you get with other tournaments.
    Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Dennis was on MC duty yesterday too and managed this magnificent blunder! :D

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/904645/WATCH-Snooker-legend-Dennis-Taylor-drops-blunder-at-Masters-Mark-Allen-Luca-Brecel#t=1s
    Noticed the 2 cues alright. What's that about?

Mark Allen spoke about it after the game on Eurosport. He said Brecel lost his cue recently and was trying out a new cue. The second cue was his older cue again, but it has a crack in it. He wasn't happy with the new cue after the first few shots and reverted to the old cracked one. Must be a horrible thing for a snooker player to lose their cue :(

When even Steve Davis is talking about pockets playing too easy, you know there’s an issue.

Good match this. Hard to call a winner, gun to head I think Day will snatch it.

That 7th frame was horrible though, Day was simply less terrible than Ding. They really do produce extremes of snooker these two!

Ding looks shot but Day is the kind of player I just can’t see getting over the line without at least one wobble.

• Advertisement

Fair play, I did him a disservice. Got the job done well in the end.

Well done Ryan Day. Coming back from 3-0 is good going in a relitavely short match with big pressure. You just never know what you're going to get with Ding..

Trump is similar to Ding. He could come out tonight and play to either extreme.

I've put little bets on all matches so far and won them all! My money is on Liang tonight. He's a great character (god, I sound like Dennis!) and if Trump isn't at his best, he can beat him. Hope he can handle the occasion though. We'll see!

What in the jaysus is Judd wearing?

Great match. Liang played some great snooker but that green was a silly shot to take on at a crucial time. He had the advantage at that stage, despite being 5-4 down. Handed it back to Trump who done well to clear up and win 6-4 under pressure!

Ronnie v Fu tomorrow afternoon. The presenter on Eurosport last night said to Mark Allen: "You've got Ronnie in the next round, how do you feel about that?" To which Allen replied "I thought Ronnie still had a game to play? You just made Marco up his game by 20%, Ronnie won't thank you for that!"

Would obviously favour Ronnie given his recent form, but Marco is more than capable of beating him. We've seen him produce some great snooker in recent years.

6-3 to Ronnie?!

Fantastic start from Ronnie. A Break of 120 puts him 1-0 up to Fu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

a masterclass so far from Ronnie... Looks well up for it... In this form unstoppable...

• Advertisement

genius at work

Advertisement