Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Masters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HisJills

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Great stuff from Allen, pretty much no miss snooker, could and should have had a ton in that 4th frame too. Hopefully Ronnie gets back into it and we get a right good match!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HisJills

The Nal wrote: »
    Great stuff from Mark Williams

Haha BBC just showed that clip too. Good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Like the way he was going for his shots from the off, in no way intimidated by his opponent. Looked a bit ropey for a while but it’s paid off and hopefully he can keep it up. Safety been quality too, an excellent safety player when he puts his mind to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I was just listening to that Mark Allen interview and he was saying how lonely and tough the tour is and been away from family and eating on your own in hotels every night.

Do the players not mix together when on tour, or is it a case where they have been on tour for so many years that they are sick of the sight of each other now.

I noticed that for nearly every tournament its the same faces you see behind the scenes, such as the table cleaners and even the security guard, they are at nearly every tournament, the tour seems to be managed by a company.

Big task ahead now for Ronnie, he seems to have a more couldn't give a fuk attitude for this match.

• Advertisement

Let’s not make excuses for Ronnie says Steve Davis just after they’d spent 2 minutes making excuses for Ronnie.

I was just listening to that Mark Allen interview and he was saying how lonely and tough the tour is and been away from family and eating on your own in hotels every night.

Do the players not mix together when on tour, or is it a case where they have been on tour for so many years that they are sick of the sight of each other now.

I noticed that for nearly every tournament its the same faces you see behind the scenes, such as the table cleaners and even the security guard, they are at nearly every tournament, the tour seems to be managed by a company.

He does give good interviews. I’d sat there is a bit of socializing on tour but Allen would be one of those who keeps his own company. Bear in mind he’s a committed home bird too, hated living in England, so probably a bit tougher on him being away a lot.

Any individual sport is tough I think and then there’s the reality that outside of top 20 or 30 in snooker you will not make more than a rudimentary living. Don’t know how half them do it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Well done to Allen. Didn't see the match, but it's a good win. Seems from what people are saying on here, Ronnie wasn't at the races at all.

Hope Mark goes on and wins it now. One of the few players with a bit of personality.

Dunno why he was fined for being outspoken in the past. Anything that gets snooker into the papers can only be a good thing.

Yea I like Mark, he is honest. At Galway a few years ago at a pdc event he stayed back and signed autographs for a long time more than any other player. Some players practically ran off the stage when their game was finished.

So Ronnie said he was only firing at 60% and that if he was a soccer player he wouldn't deem himself fit enough to play.

Have to keep checking the scoreboard to remind myself that Judd has won 3 frames. He’s been awful today.

• Advertisement

The standard really picked up in the end. 5quuck one visit frames. Judd wins 6-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

A mark allen v Judd final would be nice

Will learn a lot about Wilson tomorrow I think, big test for him. Feels like Trump has a gear to go up yet, though, so you’d have to think he’s a worthy short priced favorite.

Have a feeling this could finally be Mark Allen’s time. Seems focused and happy in himself right now, hope he gets it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hard to see any of them putting it up to Higgins tbh. If he gets to the final I can see him outfoxing Trump or Wilson. Allen will need a repeat of Thursday to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ah crap, I'm out tonight and would rather have seen Higgins v Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Trump going a bit thin on top.

• Advertisement

durin his mid session interview i thought he was very pale lookin, looked a bit ill

ohhhhh final frame decider hopefully, i love those frames the most, theres nearly always a bit of drama in a final frame decider

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Permabear misleading us about the match times, and Trump showing the mental fortitude of a gnat.
    Good to see nothing has changed.

Great safety exchange, Wilson looks less nervous than trump

• Advertisement

Delighted for him