Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Briefing and Aptitude Test for ICT course in FAS

Options
  • 12-12-2017 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys I'm looking for help as I applied for ICT Systems & Network Engineering course in fas I was told my ladie in fas that to get accepted I need to pass Briefing and Aptitude Test and interview.
    I have no experience in Briefing and Aptitude Test and would like to get help what to expect and how can I practice this test as I really want to do ICT any help would be really appriecated guys
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

In briefing part they will introduce what the course will be about +T&C- nothing to worry about.
    Aptitude it's like little IQ test but covering just certain area, could involve even simple language test to see if you have good enough English. Usually it's Q vs 4-5 options.
    Interview might/will involve tutor asking you questions to figure out what level of understanding about subject you already have. Course organizer will chalenge your ability to work in team/class as you will potentially become part of it. Try to show here your potential, dedication, knowledge and interest to gain more. Pritty much you are "selling" yourself here and they are the buyers.
    No offence meant, but there is still cases where guys go to courses just to get paid, push the time and not to be forced to public work scheme, even they have non to very little interest into course subject. I know cases where out of 20 lads only 5-10 showed interest and only 3-5 remained in trade. Rest went through series of courses covering different subjects(like IT vs forklift driver) and some of them still floating like "PoS"
    But that was years ago and hopefully system became more efficient.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ozzy12

In briefing part they will introduce what the course will be about +T&C- nothing to worry about.
    Aptitude it's like little IQ test but covering just certain area, could involve even simple language test to see if you have good enough English. Usually it's Q vs 4-5 options.
    Interview might/will involve tutor asking you questions to figure out what level of understanding about subject you already have. Course organizer will chalenge your ability to work in team/class as you will potentially become part of it. Try to show here your potential, dedication, knowledge and interest to gain more. Pritty much you are "selling" yourself here and they are the buyers.
    No offence meant, but there is still cases where guys go to courses just to get paid, push the time and not to be forced to public work scheme, even they have non to very little interest into course subject. I know cases where out of 20 lads only 5-10 showed interest and only 3-5 remained in trade. Rest went through series of courses covering different subjects(like IT vs forklift driver) and some of them still floating like "PoS"
    But that was years ago and hopefully system became more efficient.
    Good luck.
    Thanks for your reply !
    Thats great information there so basically is just easy test? do you think its a good course to do if I want to make career in change ?
    I'm not doing for the money Im doing for career change ? any advice ?
    Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

ICT Systems & Network Engineering
    Not very definitive, but i guess it will be CompTIA A+, Network+ certification or similar. Course listing on FAS (i thought they have renamed it) should have more detail.
    if this the case = beginner/entry level. Still good as it will lay foundation for you future education and you going to need to take "hell of a lot" after that.
    If you "leaning" towards IT that would be good starting point.

Advertisement