Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Briefing and Aptitude Test and interview ICT Systems & Network Engineering

Options
  • 12-12-2017 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys I'm looking for help as I applied for ICT Systems & Network Engineering course in fas I was told my ladie in fas that to get accepted I need to pass Briefing and Aptitude Test and interview.
    I have no experience in Briefing and Aptitude Test and would like to get help what to expect and how can I practice this test as I really want to do ICT any help would be really appriecated guys
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Ozzy12 wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm looking for help as I applied for ICT Systems & Network Engineering course in fas I was told my ladie in fas that to get accepted I need to pass Briefing and Aptitude Test and interview.
    I have no experience in Briefing and Aptitude Test and would like to get help what to expect and how can I practice this test as I really want to do ICT any help would be really appriecated guys
    Thanks in advance
    Not familiar with them myself. What certs do you get from that course?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The test will be course specific but most ones I've ever seen for that type of role ask some very basic questions, often about obsolete technologies at that and sometimes the answers are wrong. A lot of it is about checking your English comprehension skills more than anything else; and that you know the right end of a mouse from the wrong end basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ozzy12

Not familiar with them myself. What certs do you get from that course?

Level 6 ICT & Professional Development Qualification

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ozzy12

L1011 wrote: »
    The test will be course specific but most ones I've ever seen for that type of role ask some very basic questions, often about obsolete technologies at that and sometimes the answers are wrong. A lot of it is about checking your English comprehension skills more than anything else; and that you know the right end of a mouse from the wrong end basically.
    Thanks for your reply much appreciated
    So basically is just simple questions nothing extremely difficult ?
    Is this course good idea for career change as I want to be involved in ICT
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes and probably - although you may have to start on the ground floor in IT even with it. It will help a CV get read definitely

Also get a driving licence if you don't have one - there are firms so desperate they will pay 10k+ more for field than desk now as young lads stopped learning to drive in the crash and the supply has dried up. Field used to be worse paid

• Advertisement
Advertisement