Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN Down 12/12/17??

Options
  • 12-12-2017 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having an issue with PSN this afternoon?

Both ps4s in our house refusing to log in

Error Code WS-37397-9

When trying to log into psn through a browser I get -

Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/2.0/oauth/authorize?" on this server.
    Reference #18.f459dd58.1513092862.8cca2a6

Bit of a nuisance when trying to play a game requiring the licence to be validated online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Your IP address may be blocked. I had the same issue after installing some VPN software on one of my computers.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ws-37397-9/

I resolved it by un-installing the VPN software and then a few restarts of the router to get a new public IP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

All good here, online all morning, both PS4s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Yeah ive restarted the router alright a couple of times to no avail.

I might try logging in with mobile data and at least that would determine if its my ip or else Ill need to have a chat with the young lad, see if he managed to get us booted off psn somehow

Ok that worked signing in with a hotspot from phone.........

Seems to be several people on the forums with the same issue today. I can only assume there was an attack on their servers and it blocked a load of ip addresses. Unfortunately resetting the modem over a few hours has not released the public IP. Is it legal for our ISP to do so on request in ireland? Guess ill be waiting til tomorrow to get an answer from support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I believe what happened you is that your recycled IP was being used by someone who was banned. A reboot normally works, but sometimes I had to remove the configuration files, restart the hotspot, put in the settings again and it forced an IP change. Don't know how that works with actual routers though.

Interesting. In the end turning the router off overnight sorted it.

I just got a reply from Sony support this afternoon saying they need my public ip in ipv4..... Oh well guess I best send it anyway in case the issue re-occurs

Advertisement