Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4yr girl Xmas gift ideas

Options
  • 12-12-2017 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭

Hi,

It's the time of year now where I panic about what to get my goddaughter who is 4yo.

I'm looking to spend up to £20.

No ideas, but I don't want to get anything overly bulky as the lift in an apartment and get plenty of toys from their other family members.

I would offer to look after her, but they are very protective and TBH I'm happy with it that way too!

All ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My niece is obsessed with Lego friends. The sets have age guidelines on them as well so you can pick something age suitable. We also always get a couple of books for her and games like guess who, buckaroo type games. A game called pieface (I think was a big hit as well). She also loves jigsaws if you get one with a subject she’s into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I suppose it depends on her interests but my 4 year loves Doc McStuffins and Disney princesses at the moment.

I got her a Doc McStuffins Doctor's set. I think it was about €27 in Smyths.

My brother is getting her this. It would give you change from €20 and I'd buy her Crayola markers and a good colouring book or some play dough then.

https://goo.gl/images/pua62d

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I've just realised that there is only one week of shopping until Xmas!!!

I've no idea as to what her likes and dislikes are.

Any decent books for girls around that age?

Bollox - I do this every year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

hi op,

LEGO and play doh are usually safe bets if you’re not sure of interests - my 4 year old girl is more into dinosaurs and penguins but those two are always a hit! Good luck (-:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Phone the parents and ask?
    That's what I do for my godchildren. Kids are all different, my eldest was all fireman Sam and drums at that age. Youngest is my little pony and clothes.

Lego won't be in the 20 euro price range, that's for sure. I think a book is a good option. Head into a bookshop and ask for advice. Tell them the budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

pwurple wrote: »
    Phone the parents and ask?
    That's what I do for my godchildren. Kids are all different, my eldest was all fireman Sam and drums at that age. Youngest is my little pony and clothes.

Lego won't be in the 20 euro price range, that's for sure. I think a book is a good option. Head into a bookshop and ask for advice. Tell them the budget.

Actually, you can get lovely little LEGO juniors kits for around 19.99 - we’ve gone through a few! I agree asking the parents a good bet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Well, I've managed to get a Lego set for her brother.
    She doesn't like colouring in or drawing. So I'm not sure if the play doh would suit.
    For her, I'm tying to get a jigsaw set and some books. What is the big rage at the minute in books?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Mine are a little bit younger but try Julia Donaldson, "the Princess and the Wizard," or something like that.Or a dress up outfit from Smyths/Penneys or somewhere similar.Or go to H&M-they have sparkly bits of bags and things that little girls love (had to hold my 3.5 year old back in there yesterday!!).

I'm all shopped out right now, so inspiration is a bit low for me!Oh I'm getting a friend"s daughter a small wooden child's jewellery box and maybe some clothes too. Otherwise we are into Blaze and Monster Machines and Paw Patrol and Shimmer and Shine here.All available in Smyths!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

IMHO The dress up outfit is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Santy should be the only one bringing the toys at Christmas (IMO) so the dress up outfit sounds lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

Stencils are another good present. I got my little one stencils as part of birthday present and they have got great use. Very good for their fine motor skills too. I'm all for educational gifts though.

Advertisement