Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows cross play

Options
  • 12-12-2017 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question that hopefully some of you guys can answer. My young lad has an Xbox 1 and he's got Minecraft on it. He's getting a laptop this Christmas and wants Minecraft on it too. I've already bought it twice for the PS3 and Xbox.:(

I was reading and there's seems to be some cross play between Xbox and Windows for Minecraft. Does this mean I can download using the original Xbox code to the Windows Machine or do I need to buy the game a 3rd time??

Same for Terraria too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

I think you will have to buy a PC version also. The cross play means that people that own the Xbox or PC version can play together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Cheers. I read somewhere that games saved might be interchangeable too tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

They released a new version of Minecraft called the better together or something like that. If you have played more than 5hours on the xbox one version by the end of this month(I think) you get the new version for free. that is the one that has the cross play element to it. with the new version you can transfer over your old worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

gmg678 wrote: »
    They released a new version of Minecraft called the better together or something like that. If you have played more than 5hours on the xbox one version by the end of this month(I think) you get the new version for free. that is the one that has the cross play element to it. with the new version you can transfer over your old worlds.

Cool thanks. I'll have to try to figure out how much he's played. Is that 5 hours this month or 5 hours in total?

Advertisement