Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Great chance for JOhnson - KO Artem - get on the mic talk **** about Artem/Conor and call out Conor - only way he is getting that payday.

Ah here

On what planet is McGregor ever going to fight a featherweight Michael Johnson. The days of guys begging in postfight interviews for McGregor are long, long gone because he’s so above that now. Me and Michael Johnson have about the same chances of getting a fight vs McGregor in the UFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

dulux99 wrote: »
    Ah here

On what planet is McGregor ever going to fight a featherweight Michael Johnson. The days of guys begging in postfight interviews for McGregor are long, long gone because he’s so above that now. Me and Michael Johnson have about the same chances of getting a fight vs McGregor in the UFC

Not totally outlandish if McGregor wants a tune up fight

Do you really want me to start posting links to all the post-fight interviews looking for fights with McGREGOR...

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Do you really want me to start posting links to all the post-fight interviews looking for fights with McGREGOR...

No one wants you to do that

No one wants you to do that

I'm honored!

Ah here

I’ve seen all the post fight callouts for McGregor, I referenced them in my post. Only one ever worked – Nate Diaz. Michael Johnson, the featherweight who’s lost last 5 of his last 7 fights (should be 6 of his last 7 imo), is never, ever, ever going to get that fight. Don’t be silly.

• Advertisement

I’ve seen all the post fight callouts for McGregor, I referenced them in my post. Only one ever worked – Nate Diaz. Michael Johnson, the featherweight who’s lost last 5 of his last 7 fights (should be 6 of his last 7 imo), is never, ever, ever going to get that fight. Don’t be silly.

I never said he would get it. Lighten up. The suggestion was the path to McGregor is through Artem.

The previous thread was joking about Artem - the whole Conor Khabib thing started with Artem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Artem should never have taken the fight. Should have just sat it out if they couldn't offer him a fight he could realistically win.

If he took it after the Belfast fight that would be one thing, as sure losing then would only mean one loss after two wins and sure **** it so, but he's lost two on the bounce now and so just don't see what's in it for him, long term anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Artem should never have taken the fight. Should have just sat it out if they couldn't offer him a fight he could realistically win.

If he took it after the Belfast fight that would be one thing, as sure losing then would only mean one loss after two wins and sure **** it so, but he's lost two on the bounce now and so just don't see what's in it for him, long term anyway.

Does Artem really love to fight as much as he says he does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Big Country vs Kharitonov up next on Bellator.

Someone's going night night.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They are in different divisions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

All well and good but people have been trying to break UFC contracts for years and getting nowhere.

Khabib isn't a draw. The UFC will let him rot for a while until he fights out his contract and then he'll go to Bellator and fight cans and has beens.

Bellator is growing but they're still a speck compared to the UFC unfortunately.

I think Fiddy is just trying to generate some content and go viral here to be honest. Seems to have worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

cliggg wrote: »

The Reem?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The Reem?!
    Yep! I would love for Ferguson to reply to those tweets saying reward me with a title shot the same way you did with Jones & Lesnar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

DrPhilG wrote: »
    All well and good but people have been trying to break UFC contracts for years and getting nowhere.

Khabib isn't a draw. The UFC will let him rot for a while until he fights out his contract and then he'll go to Bellator and fight cans and has beens.

Bellator is growing but they're still a speck compared to the UFC unfortunately.

He could well be a draw now. He just bet the piss out of the biggest star in Combat sports and is 27 and 0. He had 5 million instagram followers before the fight last week, he now as over 12 million followers.

WAR KHABIB !

Mellor wrote: »
    They are in different divisions

Nope.

Lightweight (2008-2017)
    Featherweight (2018-present)

There's this thing called weight. It can change.

Lots of people in 145 prepared to move up and others at 170 prepared to move down to a catch weight or to 155 and others in retirement, who never fought at 155, prepared to go to 155 for the opportunity.

It's well documented. Where you been?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote:
    He could well be a draw now. He just bet the piss out of the biggest star in Combat sports and is 27 and 0. He had 5 million instagram followers before the fight last week, he now as over 12 million followers.

If UFC can't make money with him based on the coverage he got in the last week they are going to be in trouble long term if they have that level of incompetence.

Nope.

Lightweight (2008-2017)
    Featherweight (2018-present)

There's this thing called weight. It can change.
    You realise that it's 2018?

"They are in different divisions"...present tense.
    MJ is a featherweight currently.
    McGregor is a Lightweight currently.

They were both in the other division previously. And we're even in the same division for a while. But denying they now is idiocy.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    If UFC can't make money with him based on the coverage he got in the last week they are going to be in trouble long term if they have that level of incompetence.

Getting that coverage after facing Conor is one thing. Sustaining that interest with an interesting account is another thing. Not saying he won't but it will be challenge. If he faces Conor again that will increase.

You realise that it's 2018 right?
    "They are in different divisions"...present tense.
    Let me know if you still don't understand and I'll help you out.

Holloway is the champion of another division but wants to fight Conor again. It's not hard is that to grasp...

it's simple and straightforward. Johnson would think nothing of moving to 155 to fight conor.

The fact they're in different divisions is meaningless.

Have you noticed what DC did lately?

Fighters jump in and out of divisions all the time.

Regardless of whether Johnson deserves the fight or not. The possibility of moving divisions is high for every fighter.

It's not a major stumbling block to any fight. Particularly for a fighter who has already fought in the division. Pointless bringing up that point...

Holloway is the champion of another division but wants to fight Conor again. It's not hard is that to grasp...

it's simple and straightforward. Johnson would think nothing of moving to 155 to fight conor.

The fact they're in different divisions is meaningless.

Have you noticed what DC did lately?

Fighters jump in and out of divisions all the time.

Regardless of whether Johnson deserves the fight or not. The possibility of moving divisions is high for every fighter.

It's not a major stumbling block to any fight. Particularly for a fighter who has already fought in the division. Pointless bringing up that point...

I can't believe you're still banging this drum. You hilariously use Daniel Cormier as an example. One of the best of all time. Michael Johnson is the definition of a UFC journeyman who can barely string two wins together.

Michael Johnson is not going from fighting Artem Lobov to fighting Conor McGregor. Please just stop.

Max is the champion.
    DC moved up as the champion.
    Conor moved up as champion.
    TJ and Cejudo have talked about it.
    Those guys can walk into any fight in the adjacent division.

MJ is 1-1 at FW, and unranked. Had a bad run at LW. He's not moving back to Lightweight to face a Conor or any other top lightweight. Suggesting that he has any chamce of being Conor next opponent is bat**** crazy.

I can't believe you're still banging this drum. You hilariously use Daniel Cormier as an example. One of the best of all time. Michael Johnson is the definition of a UFC journeyman who can barely string two wins together.

Michael Johnson is not going from fighting Artem Lobov to fighting Conor McGregor. Please just stop.

But i'm not arguing that.

I'm point out the ridiculousness of pointing out that the two of them being from two different weight divisions is a factor in preventing such a fight.

He is editing his comments to make it seem like another argument.

If Michael Brown wanted to plead for the conor fight after beating Artem - which was the joke - he could. Being in separate weight divisions is not an issue.

What you're talking about is pages ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Last 2 pages I've seen it suggested Conor should have fought Denis Siever (not even in UFC) instead of Khabib and should fight Michael Johnson next. It hurts to read at times

Max is the champion.
    DC moved up as the champion.
    Conor moved up as champion.
    TJ and Cejudo have talked about it.
    Those guys can walk into any fight in the adjacent division.

MJ is 1-1 at FW, and unranked. Had a bad run at LW. He's not moving back to Lightweight to face a Conor or any other top lightweight. Suggesting that he has any chamce of being Conor next opponent is bat**** crazy.

But I didn't?

I made a joke? About Johnson and Conor. The poster didn't get it.

I then said weight divisions doesn't stop fighters moving around.

Two separate points. Both pages apart - one evolved out of the other...

I only used fighters as examples of people moving around weight divisions.

Champions don't just move divisions. Hendricks Kevin Gastelum, Cowboy...

Conor doesn't have a belt now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Two of the three people you mentioned were all forced to move up by the UFC because they couldn't make weight anymore, the other one was a big name who was sliding down the rankings who Dana tried to save.

Last 2 pages I've seen it suggested Conor should have fought Denis Siever (not even in UFC) instead of Khabib and should fight Michael Johnson next. It hurts to read at times

It was clearly a joke about Johnson... - it led directly on from comments about Artem's chin knocking out Johnson's hand. And Artem's chin taking out Johnson via D'arce... - lads, humour can be used... - some people don't follow teh thread - the idea of johnson calling out conor and fighting was directly following that... - but yeah, keep reading it as serious

the weight divisions was a separate point

• Advertisement

In the last two threads I've looked at I've seen this tipp lad suggest same day weigh ins and continue the case that it's possible for McGregor to fight Michael Johnson.

Ye Tipp lads have always been mad bastards in fairness :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement