Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Two of the three people you mentioned were all forced to move up by the UFC because they couldn't make weight anymore, the other one was a big name who was sliding down the rankings who Dana tried to save.

Yeah, and they moved divisions to fight. Just like Johnson could easily move back up to 155...

I know of someone who gives good reading classes - on how to follow threads - shows how to get jokes - have a phone number - just DM me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I know of someone who gives good reading classes - on how to follow threads - shows how to get jokes - have a phone number - just DM me

Side splitting stuff. Showing more of that famous wit you keep alluding to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Unranked FW MJ who is 2 and 5 in his last 7, 4 and 1 of those being at LW where he lost his top 15 ranking, should move up to fight the number 2 ranked LW, if he beats an unranked FW team mate of the number 2 ranked LW, and your logic for justifying this is because two lads who can't put down the donuts and a lad who was getting murdered were all forced to move weights by the UFC?

Have a think about what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, and they moved divisions to fight. Just like Johnson could easily move back up to 155...
    That's it man. Keep digging, just dig up.
    I'm not surprised you have that number.
    I'd say stick at those classes for a while yet.

• Advertisement

Jesus wept that I have to point this out - See - JOKES - A Thread of joke after joke...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cliggg View Post
    Not at all! Artem will break Micheal's hand with his chin forcing the stoppage!
    Artem's chin will sub Johnson via d'arce choke in the 2nd!
    evolving tipperary is online now Report Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dulux99 View Post
    Ah here. I think the UFC have decided to get out of the Artem Lobov business. That's a terrible, terrible fight for Artem.
    Yeah, one more loss and he has to go and queue Conor "if Artem goes, so do I". Bit of a crazy match making all the same.

Imagine Michael Johnsons delight when he got the call to fight Artem. Christmas coming up, easiest night at the office he will have had in years. I like Artem but jaysus.
    dulux99 is online now Report Post
    Yesterday, 13:58 #3062
    evolving tipperary
    Great chance for JOhnson - KO Artem - get on the mic talk **** about Artem/Conor and call out Conor - only way he is getting that payday.

See - JOKES - A Thread of joke after joke...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cliggg View Post
    Not at all! Artem will break Micheal's hand with his chin forcing the stoppage!
    Artem's chin will sub Johnson via d'arce choke in the 2nd!
    evolving tipperary is online now Report Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dulux99 View Post
    Ah here. I think the UFC have decided to get out of the Artem Lobov business. That's a terrible, terrible fight for Artem.
    Yeah, one more loss and he has to go and queue Conor "if Artem goes, so do I". Bit of a crazy match making all the same.

Imagine Michael Johnsons delight when he got the call to fight Artem. Christmas coming up, easiest night at the office he will have had in years. I like Artem but jaysus.
    dulux99 is online now Report Post
    Yesterday, 13:58 #3062
    evolving tipperary
    Great chance for JOhnson - KO Artem - get on the mic talk **** about Artem/Conor and call out Conor - only way he is getting that payday.

But if it was such a joke, like you keep saying, why wouldn't you turn around and say "ah yeah I know MJ ever fighting McGregor is preposterous"

You doubled down and kept trying to apply logic which supported your claim that the fight could feasibly happen, when it's never going to happen in a million years. This is the issue.

Were all MMA fans, we don't need to be told that fighters fluctuate from weight class to weight class.

Fair enough. Point taken. I just couldn't believe anyone would say that the issue was weight and being in different divisions - two close divisions (not a heavyweight taking on a strawweight) could prevent a fight.

What do people think of this Martyn Ford development with KSW? Is it possible to move around a 6ft 8 and 320 frame at speed? (Why does part of me want to see DC destroy him? https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo1g0TBAems/?hl=en&taken-by=martynfordofficial )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭cletus

They did the same thing with Pudz years ago. Freak show. The Polish like their fighters big, obviously :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

What do people think of this Martyn Ford development with KSW? Is it possible to move around a 6ft 8 and 320 frame at speed? (Why does part of me want to see DC destroy him? https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo1g0TBAems/?hl=en&taken-by=martynfordofficial )

I'd highly doubt he has more than a minute's cardio in a very high output sport, he could be made to look very foolish if he doesn't get a fast ko.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Last 2 pages I've seen it suggested Conor should have fought Denis Siever (not even in UFC) instead of Khabib and should fight Michael Johnson next. It hurts to read at times

Who knows I saw Eddie Alvarez was ranked 5th at Lightweight last weekend at UFC 229 and he was not even under contract to UFC as his fights were fulfilled.
    Apparently heading to One Championship now.

All I can say is I'm in good company - Ariel wants to see DC v Bader (and they're not even in the same promotions :);) )

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1051116064757694470

All I can say is I'm in good company - Ariel wants to see DC v Bader (and they're not even in the same promotions :);) )

Yeah, typically people agree with wanting to see the best vs the best. Which is why everyone laughed at your McGregor vs Michael Johnson suggestion.

I'm surprised you're not suggesting DC vs Linton Vassell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1051116064757694470

I'd far rather see him rematch Jon Jones. That fight was early in his career and his first loss. He's improved so dramatically since then. I think it would be an interesting match now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭cletus

weemcd wrote: »
    I'd highly doubt he has more than a minute's cardio in a very high output sport, he could be made to look very foolish if he doesn't get a fast ko.

Actually, does anyone know if KSW have an upper weight limit at heavyweight

cletus wrote: »
    Actually, does anyone know if KSW have an upper weight limit at heavyweight

Wikipedia (not the best source) states : Heavyweight 120 kg (264.6 lb; 18.9 st)

Their own website under rules lists:

^ųomkowa – 115 funtów (52,2 kg)
    Musza – 125 funtów (56,7 kg
    Kogucia – 125-135 funtów (61,2 kg)
    Piórkowa – 135-145 funtów (65,8 kg)
    Lekka – 145-155 funtów (70,3 kg)
    PóųƑrednia – 155-170 funtów (77,1 kg)
    _rednia – 170-185 funtów (83,9 kg)
    PóųciħǏka – 185-205 funtów (93 kg)
    CiħǏka – 205-265 funtów (120,2 kg)
    SuperciħǏka – ponad 265 funtów

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah, typically people agree with wanting to see the best vs the best. Which is why everyone laughed at your McGregor vs Michael Johnson suggestion.

I'm surprised you're not suggesting DC vs Linton Vassell

No. It has to be DC v the journalist CM Punk fought

I'd far rather see him rematch Jon Jones. That fight was early in his career and his first loss. He's improved so dramatically since then. I think it would be an interesting match now.

That's a fight I'd love to see. But, I have to say, I'm way more excited for Gus V JJ

JK The Mauler in action - those Russians got lucky...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVSBiLR-UJg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ha, that popped up on my youtube recommendations too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fair enough. Point taken. I just couldn't believe anyone would say that the issue was weight and being in different divisions .

Nobody actually said that. Seeing as you like being literal. I said "they are in different weight divisions". Which is an undeniable fact. Yet you still tried to say it was incorrect :pac:

Could a random FW fight a random LW. Of course, nobody suggests otherwise.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads use the Bellator thread when you are talking about fights from tonight and stop posting on here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Article in the Sunday Independent today from Joe Brolly calling for UFC to be banned after 229. Likened it to slaves fighting to the death in Django unchained, implied it was a miracle no-one died, twists absolutely every single fight on the card into a warped depravity (even mentions that Waterson posed nude, for good measure) and of course had to mention Juao Carvalho. Utter tripe from the first word to the last.

Meanwhile a decent balanced article in the Sunday Business Post about how UFC has allowed itself to slide into a promotion that promotes and rewards increasingly terrible behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Article in the Sunday Independent today from Joe Brolly calling for UFC to be banned after 229. Likened it to slaves fighting to the death in Django unchained, implied it was a miracle no-one died, twists absolutely every single fight on the card into a warped depravity (even mentions that Waterson posed nude, for good measure) and of course had to mention Juao Carvalho. Utter tripe from the first word to the last.

Meanwhile a decent balanced article in the Sunday Business Post about how UFC has allowed itself to slide into a promotion that promotes and rewards increasingly terrible behavior.

Joe Brolly is a sanctimonious prick and an egomaniac. I highly doubt he knows anything about any sport apart from GAA. PS there have been several club GAA games this year that have descended into absolute brawls.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mic2727

weemcd wrote: »
    Joe Brolly is a sanctimonious prick and an egomaniac. I highly doubt he knows anything about any sport apart from GAA. PS there have been several club GAA games this year that have descended into absolute brawls.

Clifnotes of the article

- coudnt believe choking was allowed and mcgregor was about to die from it, or slip into a coma for ever but for the grace of god. Oh and he could easily have had his trachea crushed, miracle this didn't happen.

- blood is the worst thing in the world and you'd have to be a savage to not be physically sick when you see it. Never mind brain trauma, blood is the real enemy, these people are barbarians

-women! Unbelievable, and a joke about poo. Savages.

-Basically all fighters and contests have the character and animosity between McGregor and khabib, they are all clueless savages and if we watch it we are only interested in it for it's deepraved savagery.

Oh and everybody who loves mma loved the riot and the bus stuff and loves everything about mcgregor and they only like ufc it because it's violent and angry and the want to see people get hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thankfully, there’s never any violence in GAA.

There’s often the undertones of a real jealousy thing going on with Brolly and the hardened GAA crew regarding Conor and MMA.

They can’t stomach the fact that he’s a multi-millionaire for prize fighting whilst the GAA crowd train 5 nights a week and play a match once a week whilst getting nothing but hardship for it.

Most of them are losing money to play it FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ye but at least the GAA guys aren’t a bunch of savages locking themselves into a cage and fighting with no rules, to the death by any means necessary.

• Advertisement

Brolly should be writing about what's going on up North in his own sport - a spate of incidents - including the latest:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BopQkODBLwl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=po19r5bsb26a

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement