Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I like that fight. Big fight for each.
    It should be entertaining. Cat always brings it, plus they have to make some attempt to build this division.

Michael Johnson R.I.P.

068261b0-7896-4967-92e7-454205b1a832.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

8 inch reach disadvantage haha. no problem for our Artem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

8 inch reach disadvantage haha. no problem for our Artem.

Holy ****! The Goat is a T-Rex

cliggg wrote: »
    It should be entertaining. Cat always brings it, plus they have to make some attempt to build this division.

Big fight for that division. What did you think of Anderson against Holm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

cliggg wrote: »

Holm wrecked her despite being very small in comparison. I'd expect Zingano to do the same.

Holm wrecked her despite being very small in comparison. I'd expect Zingano to do the same.

You don't think Anderson will have learned sufficiently in the meantime?

Nurmagomedov beat McGregor in mixed martial arts in Las Vegas last weekend before calling out Mayweather, who says the fight must take place in the Nevada city.

"Oh, we fighting. He called me out. So, he gotta come to my world," Mayweather, 41, told TMZ Sports.

"I'm my own boss. So, I can't say what's going on on Khabib's end. But, on my end, we can make it happen.

"When I face Khabib I'm getting a nine-figure payday. It's more than the McGregor fight. Probably 100m US dollars more, guaranteed.

"I'm going to say somewhere between 110m and 200m US dollars guaranteed."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2018/1017/1004942-floyd-mayweather-khabib-nurmagomedov/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It won't happen, it;s just Floyd being Floyd.
    If it did happen he'd just tool Khabib up as badly as he did Conor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Floyd's going to be pretty busy so as he's also said he's re-matching with Pac Man

• Advertisement

Watching a video on DC's first day of camp for 230 and it opens with him coaching a kids for his wrestling school.

How could anyone not love that man?

I thought she did well on the feet and was hitting Holly a lot. The fact that Holly kept taking her down where Megan is not that strong yet was proof of that.

Watching a video on DC's first day of camp for 230 and it opens with him coaching a kids for his wrestling school.

How could anyone not love that man?
    One piece of news that went unnoticed this year was that Cormier became his local high school's wrestling coach and he is doing it for free. His pay is going to the assistant coaches for the school. And as Rogan pointed out before the last Jones fight the parents of a lot of those kids in that class can't afford the fees so Daniel himself paid them which is such a nice thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Anybody following Joe Brolly on twitter? He's on a mad one all week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I havent seen his twitter, but i went on a 20 tweet rant at him on monday which certainly felt cathartic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Recently rewatched DC v GUS and JJ v GUS,two unreal fights.
    The pressuring from DC was relentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tom Dequesnoy v Nathanial Wood added to 232, I really like that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ASOT wrote: »
    Tom Dequesnoy v Nathanial Wood added to 232, I really like that fight.

Me too. Great fight. The fire kid needs a big performance.

232 is a banger of a card. The end of year card is always one of my favourites of the year, great to see it back to form this year compared to last year's.

Anybody else think Chiesa gets railroaded by Condit (even though Carlos is on the slide)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Nate Vs McG will be the next time we see either in the Octogon.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Me too. Great fight. The fire kid needs a big performance.

232 is a banger of a card. The end of year card is always one of my favourites of the year, great to see it back to form this year compared to last year's.

Think wood beats him, he's exciting as **** aswell.

Anybody else think Chiesa gets railroaded by Condit (even though Carlos is on the slide)?

No

I've stopped believing in Condit a long time ago I'm afraid.

Love Carlos and thought he was robbed by the judges in the Robbie fight, but since then every fight has been like his heart isn't in it anymore. Overly cautious, no aggression, no slick striking and combination work. Just trying to not get hit.

He needs to hang them up.

Carlos going through a rough time now for a few years. But he has been in with some killers. Chiesa looked awful in his last two fights...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well Chiesa was cutting a ****-tonne of weight in fairness, that only gets harder the more you do it. Excited to see how he looks at 170, it’s a hard one to call IMO.

Rockholds injured. For **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Problem is his Twitter account is probably getting tonnes of traffic for this, and his article is probably (l haven't read it) getting thousands of extra clicks.

Don't feed the trolls. It's what they want.

ASOT wrote: »
    Rockholds injured. For **** sake.

Seems like every year there's one card that is just cursed, the MSG one is definitely the one this year.

Talks of Weidman v Jacare which makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

dulux99 wrote: »
    Seems like every year there's one card that is just cursed, the MSG one is definitely the one this year.

Talks of Weidman v Jacare which makes sense

Is no one having a bit of Costa stepping up? He could either catapult himself into the title picture or be thoroughly outclassed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement