Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Frankie is hardly a has been. Top 5 FW and was on the cusp of a title fight but took a really ill-advised match with Ortega instead of waiting for it like most would. He's a loveable fighter and could still beat any FW on his night.

Also don't accuse someone of not knowing what they're talking about just because they disagree with your critique and then cry about receiving abuse.

Someone said I didn't know what I was talking about. I pointed out their abuse...

And, you tell me what to do...

dulux99 wrote: »
    Give it a rest man. You're boring.

No chance now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Someone said I didn't know what I was talking about. I pointed out their abuse...

And, you tell me what to do...

Friendly advice. Take it or leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

No chance now! ;)

nobody-puts-baby-in-the-corner-gif-9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Bermudez has lost his last four...

And was only finished in the first of those 4 to the lad you're trying to discredit, other 3 were split decisions the Fili one being a bit of a robbery as far as I remember.

• Advertisement

Some lads living in a time warp from seven years ago :) - where Frankie is still the champ after beating Maynard and is yet to be beaten by Benson Henderson and Korean Zombie is exciting!

And nobody is going to wake them up!

Some lads living in a time warp from seven years ago :) - where Frankie is still the champ after beating Maynard and is yet to be beaten by Benson Henderson and Korean Zombie is exciting!

And nobody is going to wake them up!

And still has beaten:

Charles Oliveira
    B.J. Penn
    Swanson x 2
    Faber
    Mendes
    Stephens
    Yair Rodríguez

Frankies record will always keep him in with a shout of a title fight with a few wins.

And Zombie may be one of the most exciting fighters ever in the UFC. You ever see Dana wearing a Yair Rodriguez t-shirt when he was the **** ?

You writing him off with no idea how they will see a fight with him involved, correct match up and a good fight and bonus's and people will be back on the hype train with videos of twisters and rogan screaming etc wouldnt be more than 2 wins away if it went correct.

As for 4 years off, it didnt do GSP any harm did it ?

Ortega turned down a title fight against likely Stephens (Aldo sidelined) no one raised the stock more than the Edgar victory except the title fight with Max...the year 2018 :)

As for 4 years off, it didnt do GSP any harm did it ?

And now we're comparing GSP to Korean Zombie...

This is great.

Frankie is not the Frankie of old. Nowhere near it. Neither is Korean Zombie. I don't know why people are so butthurt... it's pretty obvious. Well, to me anyway...

Frankie was broken by the last Aldo defeat. He was lined up for a McGrgeor fight if he won. A huge payday. And he missed it. Longo and Serra and that whole crew are sore over it. Because they wanted Frankie to ride out with a big pay day (which he deserves.) But it ain't going to happen now.

This fight is two old dudes being thrown a bone.

Longo and Serra and that whole crew are sore over it
    What have these lads got to do with Frankie Edgar?

• Advertisement

What have these lads got to do with Frankie Edgar?

That whole East Coast Italian American thing I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku7Rv0_X6CQ

And now we're comparing GSP to Korean Zombie...

This is great.

Frankie is not the Frankie of old. Nowhere near it. Neither is Korean Zombie. I don't know why people are so butthurt... it's pretty obvious. Well, to me anyway...

Frankie was broken by the last Aldo defeat. He was lined up for a McGrgeor fight if he won. A huge payday. And he missed it. Longo and Serra and that whole crew are sore over it. Because they wanted Frankie to ride out with a big pay day (which he deserves.) But it ain't going to happen now.

This fight is two old dudes being thrown a bone.

Zombie is 31 ? you are mad craic man, like you have read every website on the history of UFC in like a few months and spout on like you know ****ing everything.

How is 31 old ? and his last fight was a 1st rd KO, not against a no body but not against the very top and you have the balls to write him off as a has been and old.

And Serra and Longo ?

giphy.webp

Zombie is 31 ? you are mad craic man, like you have read every website on the history of UFC in like a few months and spout on like you know ****ing everything.

How is 31 old ? and his last fight was a 1st rd KO, not against a no body but not against the very top and you have the balls to write him off as a has been and old.

And Serra and Longo ?

giphy.gif

In my opinion, he is old. Has taken way too many shots. He fights stupid. Takes a lot of punishment.

Anyway. Alright, fair enough. The custodians of MMA General have spoken!!! I'll unfollow the thread. Need this like a hole in the head! My apologies for my terrible opinions and lack of knowledge of the sport. Have it at, ladies and gents!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

In my opinion, he is old. Has taken way too many shots. He fights stupid. Takes a lot of punishment.

Anyway. Alright, fair enough. The custodians of MMA General have spoken!!! I'll unfollow the thread. Need this like a hole in the head! My apologies for my terrible opinions and lack of knowledge of the sport. Have it at, ladies and gents!

Thank god for that.

Anyway lads, looking forward to the return of Old Man Jung all the same!

Honestly grow up ffs, you sound like a child.

No one has said unfollow the thread to not to post, but to be prepared that if you talk brown someone might call you on it and worse may know more about it than you.

You add to the forum and most of the time express yourself grand

dulux99 wrote: »
    Thank god for that.

Anyway lads, looking forward to the return of Old Man Jung all the same!

uFCTtRs.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Joe Duffy v Ross Pearson for the Adelaide card in December. It will be a welcome sight seeing Joe fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

cliggg wrote: »
    Joe Duffy v Ross Pearson for the Adelaide card in December. It will be a welcome sight seeing Joe fight again.

Winnable fight for Duffy, Pearson has a lot of miles on the clock for 34 and only one win in his last 6. Also flirted with retirement as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

weemcd wrote: »
    Winnable fight for Duffy, Pearson has a lot of miles on the clock for 34 and only one win in his last 6. Also flirted with retirement as far as I know.

Yeah, more than winnable really, tailor made I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So DC said he hurt Khabib’s neck in training before and Khabib’s goons then got up after him.

They should all have been given their marching orders from AKA immediately after that. Who the **** do they think they are?

“No, because one time I did him something, hurt his neck in practice and they were about to kick my ass,” Cormier said. “Like seriously, they all started standing up and they were kind of surrounding me. … Those guys don’t play around, man. They got up. They actually got up. I was like, ‘Hey man, don’t ever come in here and jump me. It’s my gym.’ But they don’t mess around, man. Khabib does not play around and he is the crown jewel of that circle.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Picking a fight in a gym full of trained pro fighters probably wouldn't be the smartest choice to make to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Picking a fight in a gym full of trained pro fighters probably wouldn't be the smartest choice to make to be fair

Depends on how anyone is willing to go though, when you are dealing with scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Paully D wrote: »
    So DC said he hurt Khabib’s neck in training before and Khabib’s goons then got up after him.

They should all have been given their marching orders from AKA immediately after that. Who the **** do they think they are?

“No, because one time I did him something, hurt his neck in practice and they were about to kick my ass,” Cormier said. “Like seriously, they all started standing up and they were kind of surrounding me. … Those guys don’t play around, man. They got up. They actually got up. I was like, ‘Hey man, don’t ever come in here and jump me. It’s my gym.’ But they don’t mess around, man. Khabib does not play around and he is the crown jewel of that circle.”

Did you watch the entire interview with DC or just one of those short clickbait videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,032 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Infairness Helen Yee is insanely hot

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah, we'll see what he does. He had to do two years service. He was gone for four years. You don't know what you're talking about.

It's a lay-up for Frankie. But Frankie might not have the heart for even lay ups anymore.

Two hasbeens.

Mod: If you are going to report posts claiming people are attacking you and unfollow the thread and run off then you should also consider your own posts - you tell people they don't know what they are talking about and tell them they are wrong (posts relating to usada previously). People are allowed have an opinion, as are you but discuss the topic..dont shoot someone down telling them they are wrong just because they don't agree with yours. Also for the record 31 is not a has been.

Likewise dulux99 and Mean Laqueefa - attack the post, not the poster and discuss things like adults without the personal comments and digs, it doesn't make you look any cleverer when you resort to those sort of responses.

Anymore crap out of the 3 of you and you will be carded - consider that your warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JJayoo wrote: »

Did you watch the entire interview with DC or just one of those short clickbait videos?

I watched the whole video, and while DC talked about it playfully enough his tone changes for sure when talking about being surrounded.

Someone on reddit posted a very good and detailed update on Gunni that's worth a look for those interested.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/9qhrvx/an_update_on_gunnar_nelson/

• Advertisement

Cyborg & Valentina trained together last weekend. Cyborg is huge!

DqH-_9zX0AAY6KN.jpg:large

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement