Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

cliggg wrote: »
    Cyborg & Valentina trained together last weekend. Cyborg is huge!

DqH-_9zX0AAY6KN.jpg:large

One struggles to get to 145, the other easily makes 125. Not much of a surprise in how they look there!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,266 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How long before people start asking if/claiming Cyborg beats 135/145 guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mellor wrote: »
    How long before people start asking if/claiming Cyborg beats 135/145 guys.

Cyborg is great, but there’s no way she could beat 135 or 145 guys at once. One at a time, absolutely.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Renato Moicano V Mirsad Bektic at UFC 231. Moicano is the backup for the main event between Holloway & Ortega.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

cliggg wrote: »
    Renato Moicano V Mirsad Bektic at UFC 231. Moicano is the backup for the main event between Holloway & Ortega.

Tough fight that, if Elkins wasn't superhuman tough Bektic would still be undefeated & if Ortega wasn't a freak Moicano would also be undefeated.

Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Tough fight that, if Elkins wasn't superhuman tough Bektic would still be undefeated & if Ortega wasn't a freak Moicano would also be undefeated.

Looking forward to it.
    Yeah should be a good one if it happens. They were trying to make Mendes v Moicano, I'm not sure why that didn't happen but I would prefer this fight myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Not a bad little card coming up this weekend. UFC debut for Chris Fishgold, Oezdemir vs Smith, Cummins vs Cirkunov plus a few other intriguing fights. Plus who can forget Artem....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Artem ‘The GOAT’ Lobov; 28 men have attempted, but, only 14 have succeeded.

hunter164 wrote: »
    Artem ‘The GOAT’ Lobov; 28 men have attempted, but, only 14 have succeeded.

Haha, brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thats a tasty fight, also cant stand "Cowboy" Oliveira so will be nice seeing Gunni beat him

xtal191 wrote: »
    Thats a tasty fight, also cant stand "Cowboy" Oliveira so will be nice seeing Gunni beat him

I think that's a tough fight for Gunni. Oliviera is long, rangey and has excellent BJJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

great fight. Tough enough opponent for Gunni to make a statement.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I think that's a tough fight for Gunni. Oliviera is long, rangey and has excellent BJJ.

Surely his BJJ isn't as good as Gunnar's though?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,266 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dulux99 wrote: »
    Are you mixing him up with Charles Oliveria?
    Cowboy Oliveria is getting subbed here imo. His bjj is average at best iirc.

Just about to post this, mental.

I'd love to see a MMA draft, take fighters with under a certain number of fights drafted to the UFC, Bellator, PFL & One. It'd be interesting. Especially if "Trades" like this become more frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wonder if they give him the GSP fight he’s longed for, or does he get an immediate title shot against Woodley? As great as he is, he loses both of those fights IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wonder if they give him the GSP fight he’s longed for, or does he get an immediate title shot against Woodley? As great as he is, he loses both of those fights IMO.

He'd probably beat both.
    But he won't fight T-Wood, he's Tyron's wrasslin coach.

Whatever way it works out I hope DJ gets paid fat stacks for it. Massively under rated by the UFC. Their P4P best fighter of the last decade in my books.

• Advertisement

He'd probably beat both.

Whatever way it works out I hope DJ gets paid fat stacks for it. Massively under rated by the UFC. Their P4P best fighter of the last decade in my books.

DJ will make more money in three fights for one than his whole career I'd say! Deserves it, he's a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If they're letting DJ out of his contract in return for Askren they'll probably fold the whole division within the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Good buisness for all involved it would seem.

I for one have zero interest in a DJ vs Cejudo trilogy fight. Says it all really about the flyweight division.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He'd probably beat both.

I like DJ and hope he does well but it is a pro game and did he make the UFC/himself any money.

Just looking at the events he headlined and none seemed to do any well.

Man that's a f*cking joke. DJ is one of the top fighters in the world. Gone are the days where the best fight the best.

Eddie Alvarez did say the other day that there was a bigger signing than him coming for One within a month, I wouldn't say DJ is "bigger" in terms of names but that had to be in reference to this signing. I though he was just spouting but seemingly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

He's got very little draw ppv-wise though, it's a business aimed at casual big fight watching fans now not for entertainment of mma enthusiasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is Horiguchi with One?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

xtal191 wrote: »
    Is Horiguchi with One?

Think it could be Rizin he's with but I'd guess we'll still see him and DJ fight again in some cross promotion fight.

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    He's got very little draw ppv-wise though, it's a business aimed at casual big fight watching fans now not for entertainment of mma enthusiasts.

Not that long ago it did strive to atleast resemble a proper sports league. That's just gone out the window altogether now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement