Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Iv no interest in the GSP fight at all. Would love to see the tferg fight finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ASOT wrote: »
    Iv no interest in the GSP fight at all. Would love to see the tferg fight finally.

Same, that's the biggest fight that has to happen to see who's the best LW in the world. But maybe the UFC know it's a risky one to try and make so they're giving Khabib his dream fight which also happens to be a big superfight. Tony will be raging. Maybe they might match Tony with Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Khabib and GSP would have to be at 170 at a minimum. Can't see GSP getting anywhere near 155.

Khabib and GSP would have to be at 170 at a minimum. Can't see GSP getting anywhere near 155.

I am sure they can meet each other halfway for a catchweight bout or perhaps if they were to make a new 165 pound division there is no better title fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Not too interested in Khabib vs GSP but I kinda hope it happens cause surely they'll do Tony vs McGregor if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

ricero wrote: »
    Cant use UFC 223 as the barometer after Ferguson injured then Holloway and he finally fights Ragin Al. It was a complete ****show and killed the event as a ppv.

Ah yes, that'll be why McGregor Diaz 1 sold so badly...

Ush1 wrote: »
    Ah yes, that'll be why McGregor Diaz 1 sold so badly...

Mcgregor was already a massive star by then.

I think after Khabib destroying Mcgregor he is now going to be a big draw for the ufc.

Mcgregor fanboys make me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Would love to see Khabib v GSP at whatever weight, what a fight it could be. Yes Ferguson deserves his shot but if Khabib's next fight is either Ferguson or GSP I'll be pumped for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ricero wrote: »
    Mcgregor was already a massive star by then.

I think after Khabib destroying Mcgregor he is now going to be a big draw for the ufc.

Mcgregor fanboys make me lol.

Your constant trolling and provoking people is getting tiring. I already posted for people to drop this 'fanboy' nonsense, its juvenille and only used to stir things and get a reaction out of people. Give it a rest.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Would love to see Askren vs Khabib at 165 or something. Maybe after Askren has a few UFC fights under his belt. Either of the vs GSP would also be cool.
    Looking forward to seeing Askren in the UFC. But I'm a grappling fan so might be biased :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Mike Perry hyping his fight with Cerrone. I'm already going to watch the fight but this is some funny pre fight entertainment.

https://twitter.com/PlatinumPerry/status/1057188686339526657

cliggg wrote: »
    Mike Perry hyping his fight with Cerrone. I'm already going to watch the fight but this is some funny pre fight entertainment.

People getting mad offended over it as well, snowflakes. Perry's well worth the Instagram follow he's a gas man.

he's proper cracked. Love him

he's proper cracked. Love him

Same, have a feeling he's going to put cowboy away handy enough if cowboy tries to bang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cowboy will be on his bike early, trying to fight at range and winning handily on points, and then Perry will tag him, Cowboy will try to stand and trade and get melted.

Cowboy will be on his bike early, trying to fight at range and winning handily on points, and then Perry will tag him, Cowboy will try to stand and trade and get melted.

Yeah spot on, cowboy will go into this with the bad blood etc and try have a war but his chin gone and he's going to be finished easy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah spot on, cowboy will go into this with the bad blood etc and try have a war but his chin gone and he's going to be finished easy imo.

Don't think it's his chin per say. He's always wilted under pressure, it's just the gameplan has become incredibly clear the last while. Walk him down and don't give him the space to set up his switch kicks and overload him with shots, I don't think it's his chin that goes, just he panics when taking shots and shells up.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Don't think it's his chin per say. He's always wilted under pressure, it's just the gameplan has become incredibly clear the last while. Walk him down and don't give him the space to set up his switch kicks and overload him with shots, I don't think it's his chin that goes, just he panics when taking shots and shells up.

Yeah I'm with you on that one, will always be a legend of the game though. Really looking forward to this fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The way to beat Cerrone has been clear for a while now; attack early.
    He's well known for being a notoriously slow starter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

It might be old news here, but has everyone seen "Hello from the Askren side"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

People getting mad offended over it as well, snowflakes. Perry's well worth the Instagram follow he's a gas man.
    He's a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

derfderf wrote: »
    It might be old news here, but has everyone seen "Hello from the Askren side"?

Some buzz off that

https://youtu.be/vFvb2HeB5g0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Has the Askren deal been officially announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gintonious wrote: »
    Has the Askren deal been officially announced yet?

Do the UFC even announce new signings? I thought they don't officially say anything until a fight is announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Do the UFC even announce new signings? I thought they don't officially say anything until a fight is announced.
    I don't think they do outside of the odd tweet anyway. Askren even tweeted at Dana (who has Askren blocked btw!) yesterday asking why there hadn't been an announcement yet. Dana has confirmed it in interviews so it is official anyway. This tweet about USADA is interesting too, a fight could potentially be announced at anytime really.

https://twitter.com/damonmartin/status/1056321942461001729?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 39,266 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Exactly like every other fighter. Yet when Brock only had to do a month, it was "special treatment".

Who do people think he'll fight first.
    Winner of RDA and Usman?
    Lawler?

Fast route to the title is through Colby,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Mellor wrote: »
    Exactly like every other fighter. Yet when Brock only had to do a month, it was "special treatment".

Who do people think he'll fight first.
    Winner of RDA and Usman?
    Lawler?

Fast route to the title is through Colby,

He says no way is he fighting tyron so the belt isn't what he's after. Seems to be very keen on till

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement