Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Can't stand rat Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Would love Gus to put a beating on Jones. No matter what he's been caught for over the years there has never been any humility out of Jones. A classless human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,266 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Money i would imagine and also if he could win a title at any weight class in the ufc he will become the 1st fight to hold a title in all 3 companies (i might be wrong but cant think of someone who has done it)

Nobody has done it, that I can think of. A couple of former UFC champs have crossed to Belator. But nobody has fought in all 3 yet.
    But now Eddie Alvarez and Askren have become the first guys to sign for all three. Both could do the triple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Jesus it seems we have found someone more deluded than Dillon Danis.

https://twitter.com/jakepaul/status/1058821360447709184?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Advertisement

That was a thing of beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Ben Askren says his first fight will either be Thompson or Lawler. Those 2 were being lined up to headline the first ESPN card in January but Robbie was stalling according to Wonderboy so it may well be Thompson v Askren on that card now instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

That was a thing of beauty.

Looked like a replay from tekken!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Mayweather is fighting kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year's Eve in Tokoyo!

Live presser:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

What. The. Flying. ****.

• Advertisement

I assume it's a boxing match. No way Floyd agrees to kickboxing with an elite kickboxer

Whatever the ruleset, RIZIN just pulled off one of the strangest singings of all time and will make an absolute fortune off of it. Well done those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Your man beat Horiguchi in a kickboxing fight recently, seems to be a very good striker. Southpaw also. I'm going to watch it anyway hopefully the special rules make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If it’s some sort of hybrid ruleset, it’ll obviously be fixed for a Floyd win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    If it’s some sort of hybrid ruleset, it’ll obviously be fixed for a Floyd win.

No kicks for the other fella probably, Sakakibara said it'll be under a special ruleset so at least it'll be intriguing. The lad he's fighting is only 20 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭cletus

I reckon boxing match, in a cage, with smaller gloves

cletus wrote: »
    I reckon boxing match, in a cage, with smaller gloves

RIZIN don't use a cage.

Will surely be a fixed fight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭cletus

RIZIN don't use a cage.

I am aware, touch of hyperbole to demonstrate it will be essentially a boxing match, regardless of the special rules in place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The most I can see Mayweather accepting in terms of rules is one hand behind the head clinches, but would not be surprised if it ends up being pure boxing rules only.

It will be MMA rules. But no takedowns, or grappling. Other than that everything goes, except kicks, elbows and knees.
    And 12 oz gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not a hope of Floyd going for that. He'd be done after the first leg kick.

Sage Nothcutt may be going to ONE. He is testing free agency and will be at Friday's event along with Eddie and Demetrious. I hope he gets a good deal for himself whoever he signs with anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Askren vs. Lawler being targeted for UFC 233 in January, according to MMAJunkie.

Robin Black says he is negotiating to be a commentator for ONE. Those guys are really putting some work into going global.

Paul Felder v James Vick at UFC 233, should be a good fight.

Rumble Johnson posted this to his Facebook
    45600117_1916179461783900_8997751718259195904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8f0ce1a3d699cd502ade206b43039bb2&oe=5C8A8E4B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

What kind of crap is that? I'll come back but only if Jones fights DC. Either come back or don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

he just doesn't wanna fight DC again.

• Advertisement

he just doesn't wanna fight DC again.
    Exactly, he's angling for a Jones fight at heavyweight because he will never get near light heavyweight again. I can understand why though if he's gonna come back why not try to get the most lucrative fight? That said I think Jones would beat him at either weight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement