Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Easy Rod wrote: »
    It’ll always be Gonzaga vs Cro Cop for me.

Everything about it was shocking.

Particularly the stunned silence in the venue when it happened.

Got a sense when it happened that everyone there was thinking "Ok, that's a bit strange. Right, just stand him up now and we'll get on with the real fight".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Anyone watching Cage Warriors 99? Love on BT

Few controversial finishes there to end the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Few controversial finishes there to end the show.

Yeah I thought the same. The punches which finished the last two fights both seemed like glancing blows at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    Kron just signed with the UFC.

giphy.gif

Fromvert wrote: »
    Has he changed his opinion on striking? Remember him on Rogan's podcast saying he doesnt practice any striking as BJJ is enough to win in MMA.

Short answer, yes.
    He'll probably train with Nate Diaz and Richard Perez for the bulk of his camp.

I'm so excited for this.

Kron is chronically under rated. His level on the ground is impossible to overstate.

If you doubt how good he is, watch his 2013 ADCC run, the man is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Rachael Ostovich was attacked by "Someone close to her" apparently and suffered some serious injuries, including a broken orbital.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/ufc-fight-night-143-in-brooklyn-up-in-the-air-following-horrific-attack/news-story/6410407d065d453a121e2b9e99925f94

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Kron is chronically under rated. His level on the ground is impossible to overstate.

If you doubt how good he is, watch his 2013 ADCC run, the man is ridiculous.
    He is quite easily one of best jiu jitsu fighters to step into MMA.
    He believes unquestionably in jiu jitsu as an approach to MMA. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He also believes the earth is flat. You have to sacrifice such fundamental beliefs if you want to master BJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What weight will he compete at?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What weight will he compete at?

145 I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Speaking on this subject Agazarm has jsut signed with Bellator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Just a few weeks away, all looking good for Max so far. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/1064602472004481024?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

cliggg wrote: »
    Just a few weeks away, all looking good for Max so far. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/1064602472004481024?s=21

It's good that he's getting cleared but the real test will be the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Honestly laughed out loud at that. What a man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ngannou vs Blaydes tomorrow at 11:30am live on BT2 Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

is anyone here actually paying too watch that fight?

De La Hoya slating the money the UFC pay then stick out numbers like this.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/liddell-vs-ortiz-3-salaries-liddell-250k-edges-ortiz-200k-in-disclosed-pay?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5bf88db604d301644d83b905&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Tibau on 10/10? Chuck got payed more in his last UFC fight & Tito got payed more in his last Bellator right yet alll week they have both been saying there going to make the most they ever had. They must be expecting massive opv numbers :pac:

ASOT wrote: »
    De La Hoya slating the money the UFC pay then stick out numbers like this.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/liddell-vs-ortiz-3-salaries-liddell-250k-edges-ortiz-200k-in-disclosed-pay?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5bf88db604d301644d83b905&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Tibau on 10/10? Chuck got payed more in his last UFC fight & Tito got payed more in his last Bellator right yet alll week they have both been saying there going to make the most they ever had. They must be expecting massive opv numbers :pac:

All fighters on the main card get ppv points.
    It's been run like a boxing bout, their purse isn't important, if they sell 200k ppv they'll both make millions from it.

And none of them are tied to a multi-fight deal. So they can take their money and run.

It's been run like a boxing bout, their purse isn't important, if they sell 200k ppv they'll both make millions from it.

I don't see it selling anywhere near 200k so I can see it being Oscars first and last event.

• Advertisement

I don't see it selling anywhere near 200k so I can see it being Oscars first and last event.

They'll both clear a few million regardless. And the likes of Lawlor and Tibau will make 6 figures easily. Not bad for what are essentially exhibition fights for a gang of auld lads and more than they'd make in any major promotion.

They'll both clear a few million regardless. And the likes of Lawlor and Tibau will make 6 figures easily. Not bad for what are essentially exhibition fights for a gang of auld lads and more than they'd make in any major promotion.

I wish I could share you optimism Marcos, surely everyone else sees it as a pure cash grab and in these days wont pay the $40 to watch it legally? I'll watch it myself but obviously won't be paying for it.

I wish I could share you optimism Marcos, surely everyone else sees it as a pure cash grab and in these days wont pay the $40 to watch it legally? I'll watch it myself but obviously won't be paying for it.

People are morons. They'll buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

And none of them are tied to a multi-fight deal. So they can take their money and run.
    What sort of cut would they be on?

$5 per buy for main event and 50c for the rest of the card? 200k = $1m main event and 100k rest.
    Pulled those out of my ass, but doesn't look insane on paper.

Isreal v Silva in the works for 234 apparently.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Dont post the results of a fight barely over in the general chat thread..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Isreal v Silva in the works for 234 apparently.

Great fight. A win for Israel gets him the next title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

ricero wrote: »

Which silva are we talking about these days?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Which silva are we talking about these days?

Old man Anderson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ricero wrote: »

How is it a great fight?

Silva, who has repeatedly popped for PEDs, hasn't fought in two years and in his last outing looked slow and cumbersome.

Adesanya is the biggest prospect in the UFC at the minute. I don't understand how people think it is a good fight. Silva is 43 and by the time the fight comes around will be almost 44. This is just a classic case of the UFC propelling someone off an old guys name, and is not a competitive fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement