Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

PVZ has proven that, limited as she is, she's tough and talented enough that she deserves her place on the roster.

Ostovich has nothing though. She was poor on possibly the worst TUF in history.

Still, best looking fight, probably ever, in the octagon.

Best looking fight already happened, Paige vs. Waterson. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Waterson has nothing on Ostovich!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Axwell that's a ban right there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,729 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

PVZ has nothing on either of them ,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Moicano will officially be a backup for Holloway v Ortega, they couldn't find a suitable replacement after Bektic got injured.

Also Anderson Silva says he was promised a title shot if he beats Israel, says that's why he took the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

cliggg wrote: »
    Moicano will officially be a backup for Holloway v Ortega, they couldn't find a suitable replacement after Bektic got injured.

Also Anderson Silva says he was promised a title shot if he beats Israel, says that's why he took the fight.

Watching Bobby hurting Anderson would be in nobodies interests.

Neither Anderson or Israel would deserve a title shot after that fight. UFC idiocy special right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Haha, easiest negotiation of the year for Dana and the lads

Askren v Lawler official for 233.

Just realised there's two UFC's this weekend, both Friday and Saturday. I feel like that hasnt happened in a while? TUF finale Friday, Bam Bam vs JDS Saturday, not to mention Fury v Wilder. I'm going to be a sorry boy Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

ASOT wrote: »
    Askren v Lawler official for 233.

Lot of people online i see thinking this is one sided for lawler. Couldn't disagree more. Terrible style matchup for lawler.

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    Lot of people online i see thinking this is one sided for lawler. Couldn't disagree more. Terrible style matchup for lawler.

Yeah I see Askren mauling him to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,264 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dulux99 wrote: »
    Just realised there's two UFC's this weekend, both Friday and Saturday. I feel like that hasnt happened in a while? TUF finale Friday, Bam Bam vs JDS Saturday, not to mention Fury v Wilder. I'm going to be a sorry boy Sunday.
    I've a event on Saturday night, free bar. Sunday morning is the gym Christmas party during UFC. Monday will be rough.

Gunni training for his fight at Mjölnir, he seems in good spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The vast majority of what I have been from analysts is that Askren will mail the entire division

Askren v maia would have been a great match up

Askren v maia would have been a great match up

I'd say Askren goes though him big time as well, Maia always seemed to struggle when he can't take someone down.

ASOT wrote: »
    I'd say Askren goes though him big time as well, Maia always seemed to struggle when he can't take someone down.

But wouldn't Ben be taking him down?!

But wouldn't Ben be taking him down?!

It would go like the Colby fight I'd say, Askren defending and then connecting when Maia is shooting for his singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

What time (irish) is the Adelaide card on?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

i think Date:Sat, 1 Dec, 03:00am irish for the main card, prelims at 1am irish

• Advertisement

The Tito - Liddell is on course to be the biggest selling non UFC mma ppv ever (not that there has been much competition). According to "sources" Tito v Dan Henderson is already being negotiated for the next one.

The Tito - Liddell is on course to be the biggest selling non UFC mma ppv ever (not that there has been much competition). According to "sources" Tito v Dan Henderson is already being negotiated for the next one.

Ah Christ are you serious. In a sport famous for short lived retirements, this will take the biscuit altogether. Tito retired on Saturday, today is Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

UFC Prague, Saturday February 23rd.

Tickets on sale December 7th.

Ah Christ are you serious. In a sport famous for short lived retirements, this will take the biscuit altogether. Tito retired on Saturday, today is Thursday!

I think he "retired" after beating Chael too. The lure of money is too much, Hendo is supposed to be retired also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'd happily see big Dan KO Tito.

Wouldn't pay for it, but could watch a replay the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭cletus

So that means they did, what, 450 buys?

cletus wrote: »
    So that means they did, what, 450 buys?

Over 200,000 anyway. Both Tito & Chuck said in the build up that if it got 200k then they get more ppv points so it's understandable that Tito wants to do another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Is this going to become a “winner stays on” kind of thing I wonder??

Over 200,000 anyway. Both Tito & Chuck said in the build up that if it got 200k then they get more ppv points so it's understandable that Tito wants to do another one.
    Well maybe I have been duped! It either did 25-30k or over 200k :o:p

https://twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/1068370319507771393

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭fitzparker

reminds you of Fernando from Ballybrack FC, they are all at it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement