Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

36 year old debutant who still does pro wrestling every weekend. I suspect he won't be the next Brock Lesnar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Seen something about him last night. He's a pro wrestler too is he in WWE or what. Never heard of him.

Yeah was in the WWE for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

They guy he's fighting is 39 years old, 1-1 as a pro and 12-9 as an amateur dating back to 2010 with all of his wins & losses coming by strikes KO or TKO. His record may not be the most impressive but that's a lot of experience, if I was Swagger I'd go for the takedown immediately and wet blanket my way to a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just me or does Holloway sound even slower an more confused this week than last time? He could barley put sentences together on Helwani show. No docs can say what's wrong looks like he took too many strikes to the cranium.

Felder is joining Rogan and Anik this weekend. He's still fairly new to the commentary but is great at it.

• Advertisement

Just me or does Holloway sound even slower an more confused this week than last time? He could barley put sentences together on Helwani show. No docs can say what's wrong looks like he took too many strikes to the cranium.
    I haven't heard the Helwani interview but he seems to be his usual self on embedded so far.

cliggg wrote: »
    I haven't heard the Helwani interview but he seems to be his usual self on embedded so far.

I could be looking for it too much not sure. I didn't see him jist listened on Spotify. My first time listening in a while and 3 people crying live on air wtf how do people listen to that ****e religiously

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »

Is he getting cut or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

No he's looking to fight Moicano who's opponent pulled out but who has been left as a standbye for the main event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

He might be now...

Stolen from a reddit user but very true

"Artem is easy as hell to make fun of, but he is a hard guy to dislike"

I'd be amazed if Dana cut him over that, many contracted fighters have said much worse about him and still fight there.

4th Gunni camp video. I know he doesn't be in Ireland so much since his baby was born but I thought Kavanagh was still in his corner, no sign of him in any of the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm joking about him being cut, but someone with his record who isn't Conor's buddy might well be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

4th Gunni camp video. I know he doesn't be in Ireland so much since his baby was born but I thought Kavanagh was still in his corner, no sign of him in any of the videos.

Will be in his corner the weekend

bmcc10 wrote: »
    I wonder what the point of that is? He appears to have had no involvement in the camp bar maybe reviewing footage via skype so why be there at all?

bmcc10 wrote: »

I was watching the Helwani show the other day and was waiting for him to be asked if JK was going to be in his corner but I don't think he asked him. Is he definitely going to be in his corner? Long way for John to travel for a guy who wasnt even involved in any of the camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dulux99 wrote: »
    I was watching the Helwani show the other day and was waiting for him to be asked if JK was going to be in his corner but I don't think he asked him. Is he definitely going to be in his corner? Long way for John to travel for a guy who wasnt even involved in any of the camp.

John will do it because there's money involved.
    Gunni will do it out of loyalty. There's little need for him there to be fair though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Artem has had some good offers from other organisations.

I doubt he’ll be too bothered if/when he gets cut.

The UFC is not the be all and end all anymore and fighters can make a good living, often a better living in fact, outside of the UFC.

Renowned woman beater Greg Hardy is getting his first UFC fight on the same card as Rachel Ostrovich who just got beaten very badly by her husband. Nice one UFC, well played lads

• Advertisement

Renowned woman beater Greg Hardy is getting his first UFC fight on the same card as Rachel Ostrovich who just got beaten very badly by her husband. Nice one UFC, well played lads

I know fights are made a often made a good while before they are announced so maybe he was on the card before Ostovich was attacked but the fact that they didn't move 1 of the fights to a different card is just a mind boggling decision really. I have seen some people suggesting that they are doing it because they know it will get negative press coverage which is free publicity for their debut on ESPN but they couldn't be that bad could they??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I know fights are made a often made a good while before they are announced so maybe he was on the card before Ostovich was attacked but the fact that they didn't move 1 of the fights to a different card is just a mind boggling decision really. I have seen some people suggesting that they are doing it because they know it will get negative press coverage which is free publicity for their debut on ESPN but they couldn't be that bad could they??

Slightly off topic but is the UFC going to be on ESPN from January 1st? All numbered cards and fight nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭robwen

Hopefully Max stays clear of injury out snowboarding & messing with his mates in the snow in Canada on first 2 embedded episodes

If their reasoning is that the fight was already made, then that's still a fairly piss poor reason. It's an under card fight, it's hardly McGregor vs Khabib. They change fights around all the time. They've cancelled shows on weeks notice before.

how.gareth wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but is the UFC going to be on ESPN from January 1st? All numbered cards and fight nights?
    Except for the PPV main cards everything is on ESPN networks from January This is the schedule for 2019

UFC on ESPN+ Fight Night = 20 Events
    UFC on ESPN Fight Night = 10 Events (With prelims on ESPN+)
    UFC PPV Preliminary Fights = 12 PPV Prelims

robwen wrote: »
    Hopefully Max stays clear of injury out snowboarding & messing with his mates in the snow in Canada on first 2 embedded episodes
    Yeah watching him snowboarding I thought Donald Cerrone would be proud of him doing something like that a few days out from a fight. As I'm sure Max himself would say "It is what it is".

If their reasoning is that the fight was already made, then that's still a fairly piss poor reason. It's an under card fight, it's hardly McGregor vs Khabib. They change fights around all the time. They've cancelled shows on weeks notice before.
    Aye it's scummy all right, according to Ariel they are scrambling for big fights so I think they just don't care. Hardy was a big name in American Football anyway before the domestic assault and Paige is very popular there too after being on Dancing With The Stars & Chopped so having them on the same show debuting on a new network that is paying them loads of money is wht they are doing it seems.
    https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1070293354477436928
    https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1070295848330936320

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Hardy was not a "big name" in the NFL. He had one reasonably big season and then became more famous for battering women.

Look in any direction in the UFC and you'll find scumbags of all shapes and forms. I doubt Ostovich gives much of a ****e about it. It's not as if he was her abuser.

I kind of forgot that it was the first ESPN show they were scheduled for. Makes it even more surprising for me tbh. You think they'd put their best foot forward for their first show on the equivalent of America's Sky Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Ariel trying to get on Dana xmas card list lol...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement