Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

cliggg wrote: »

Aha. At 135 I bet. I always had my doubts about this being at flyweight. Cejudo will be given a fine wedge of cash to move up, Ali alluded to the fact that he'd be willing to move up if the money was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I presume it would then be Woodley vs Colby at UFC 233 then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Except for the PPV main cards everything is on ESPN networks from January This is the schedule for 2019

UFC on ESPN+ Fight Night = 20 Events
    UFC on ESPN Fight Night = 10 Events (With prelims on ESPN+)
    UFC PPV Preliminary Fights = 12 PPV Prelims

So the main numbered cards will be on a ESPN ppv channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

how.gareth wrote: »

Sure it makes no difference, we don't get any of the ESPN channels that America get.

Don't take this 100% fact but from what I've read, Eleven Sports will show all 42 live events next year with the option of making the odd one a ppv, prob only McGregor cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

dulux99 wrote: »
    I was watching the Helwani show the other day and was waiting for him to be asked if JK was going to be in his corner but I don't think he asked him. Is he definitely going to be in his corner? Long way for John to travel for a guy who wasnt even involved in any of the camp.

I assume he's cornering him. Kavanagh had it up on his instagram after the bellator event that he was going to Canada next week and that'd be his last show of the year.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    I assume he's cornering him. Kavanagh had it up on his instagram after the bellator event that he was going to Canada next week and that'd be his last show of the year.

I also forgot that there's another sbg lad on the card, Brad Katona, so he'll have been going anyway.

how.gareth wrote: »
    No they will still be on regular ppv. If you live in the US and want to legally see every card UFC show for the next five years then you will have to pay for 12 ppv's at $54.99 SD or $64.99 HD each and $4.99 per month for ESPN+. So a grand total of either $719.76 (SD) or $839.76 (HD). Also all of the UFC's fight library is moving off FightPass onto ESPN+ (in the US only) so I'd imagine most American FP subscribers will be quitting that now too.

Aha. At 135 I bet. I always had my doubts about this being at flyweight. Cejudo will be given a fine wedge of cash to move up, Ali alluded to the fact that he'd be willing to move up if the money was right.
    Confirmed now headlining Brooklyn on January 19 though it's still for the flyweight title. Woodley is recovering from surgery so they are trying to make Colby v Usman as either 233 the headliner for the interim belt (:rolleyes:) or co-headline for the Brooklyn card in a number 1 contender fight.

Confirmed now headlining Brooklyn on January 19 though it's still for the flyweight title. Woodley is recovering from surgery so they are trying to make Colby v Usman as either 233 the headliner for the interim belt (:rolleyes:) or co-headline for the Brooklyn card in a number 1 contender fight.

This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Dillashaw stripping off an extra ten lbs on quite short notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Is that Colby fighting for the Interim belt again or defending the one he used to have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Is that Colby fighting for the Interim belt again or defending the one he used to have?

New one, his old one was stripped because he turned down a fight in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I think The Blessed Express is about to be derailed. I don't see this ending well for Max

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

I think The Blessed Express is about to be derailed. I don't see this ending well for Max

Agreed, also hope Shevchenko destroys Joanna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

WAR Joanna and Max!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Don't get me wrong I love Max, I just have a bad feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I really want Joanna to beat Shev....but i cant see it...

Max vs T-city is the same as DC bs Stripe for me...i want neither to lose. I've a feeling Ortega will do it though. Maybe then we will see the fight we never knew we wanted....Khabib vs Ortega

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i really and truly dont want max to lose. he is such a talented fighter and always comes off as a nice guy that been said ortega is no joke and i can see him getting a submission in the 4th or 5th round

Think Sheva wins by decision and either Holloway by tko in round 3 or Ortega by submission or tko round 3. Ortega is a slow starter.

Can't see the main event going the distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

ricero wrote: »
    Think Sheva wins by decision and either Holloway by tko in round 3 or Ortega by submission or tko round 3. Ortega is a slow starter.

Can't see the main event going the distance.

Max a slow starter too fancy Ortega sub in round 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I cannot wait for Max and Ortega, can not wait! I fancy Ortega to do the business even though I really like Max, can see Ortega being a decent champ.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I cannot wait for Max and Ortega, can not wait! I fancy Ortega to do the business even though I really like Max, can see Ortega being a decent champ.

Following this sport has drained the fight week excitement for me. I just can't get excited until they've all weighed in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Following this sport has drained the fight week excitement for me. I just can't get excited until they've all weighed in :(

i logged into reddit there and there are a few posts about max and weight and moving to lw and i panicked thinking he was having issues....

Dana said Ostovich is ok with Hardy fighting on the same card as her and she corroborated
    https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1070730496701882368
    https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1070769289546878980

This PC **** leaking in to mma now too.

You'd swear twas her hardy beat like. She doesn't seem to care anyway. They don't even know each other.

This PC **** leaking in to mma now too.

You'd swear twas her hardy beat like. She doesn't seem to care anyway. They don't even know each other.

Yea I see the goat Khabib made a joke today in Saudi Arabia about female fighters and the pc brigade are out in force against him. Probably upset McGregor fanboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭cletus

Yea I see the goat Khabib made a joke today in Saudi Arabia about female fighters and the pc brigade are out in force against him. Probably upset McGregor fanboys.

Did you find what he said funny?

cletus wrote: »
    Did you find what he said funny?

What did he say? No doubt if McGregor said it Ricero would be having a meltdown.

What kind of adult uses words like fanboy an mctapper ect? Should be bannable offence as it's used to get a reaction which is trolling

It's hardly the PC brigade. I spent last night on a thread on the radio forum arguing the idiotic point that fairy tale of New York should be banned. That's the pc brigade. Khabib (the backwards c*nt) said some fairly ridiculous sh*te about female fighters. I thought at this point the females had earned the respect of others in this game but clearly not.

• Advertisement

Any link to what khabib said? He is backwards just try to hide it. Wonder what will any of the females training at AKA think about him now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement