Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

What did he say? No doubt if McGregor said it Ricero would be having a meltdown.

What kind of adult uses words like fanboy an mctapper ect? Should be bannable offence as it's used to get a reaction which is trolling

That women belong at home and the female fighters on the roster should worry about finishing their husbands rather than finishing each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

ASOT wrote: »

Classy guy. Directly to a person's face after she asked him advice too.

I'm surprised the Saudis let her ask him a question. Horrible country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

All I see is Khabib having some banter. I'd be all most certain he was just joking.

The champ champ says what he wants !

Khabib did an awful lot for charity the past few months and was building wells in Africa. A good man imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Crass comment, but is it any worse than what McGregor suggested for Ronda Rousey and Meisha Tate?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Crass comment, but is it any worse than what McGregor suggested for Ronda Rousey and Meisha Tate?

Exactly.

I don't think it's bad to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

What did he say about Rousey and Tate?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

ricero wrote: »
    All I see is Khabib having some banter. I'd be all most certain he was just joking.

Khabib did an awful lot for charity the past few months and was building wells in Africa. A good man imo.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

dulux99 wrote: »
    I spent last night on a thread on the radio forum arguing the idiotic point that fairy tale of New York should be banned..

That doesn't surprise me

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    That doesn't surprise me

What doesn't surprise you? My point was the song shouldn't be banned. But at the same time I think Khabib discouraging a woman from a career in fighting and to tend to her husband instead is just a bit of a knob comment.

It is really. McGregor was jokingly quoting a line from a song. Khabib has mates that have slaughtered gay people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭cletus

Didn't answer my question. Did you find it funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It is really. McGregor was jokingly quoting a line from a song. Khabib has mates that have slaughtered gay people.

What's that got to do with his comments on the role of women in society?

McGregor has mates who are gangsters and drug dealers. This has no relevance to anything presently under discussion, but I just thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Both of them are slightly less than respectable as human beings, why do people have to take sides and argue which of the two is worse? Pointless debate IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

martyos121 wrote: »
    Both of them are slightly less than respectable as human beings, why do people have to take sides and argue which of the two is worse? Pointless debate IMO.
    Because internet

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yea I see the goat Khabib made a joke today in Saudi Arabia about female fighters and the pc brigade are out in force against him. Probably upset McGregor fanboys.

You have been warned before - your trolling nonsense and fanboy comments are getting tiring. Give it a rest or find somewhere else to post as if the trolling continues you wont be posting here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108484124&postcount=3432

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

144.5 For Max, everybody made weight except the main event stand-in Moicano who weighed 146, he has an hour to cut 1 pound to be at championship weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

ASOT wrote: »
    Exactly.

I don't think it's bad to be fair.

in context i think it was fairly bad. in a country where woman are treated horrendously it probably took that woman alot to ask that question. he is a ufc champ and should be trying to get as many people into mma men and women
    What doesn't surprise you? My point was the song shouldn't be banned. But at the same time I think Khabib discouraging a woman from a career in fighting and to tend to her husband instead is just a bit of a knob comment.

highly agree complete knob of a comment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

cliggg wrote: »
    144.5 For Max, everybody made weight except the main event stand-in Moicano who weighed 146, he has an hour to cut 1 pound to be at championship weight.

delighted all made weight. liked max's little shhh after he made weight.

havent been this excited about a fight card in a long time

• Advertisement

What doesn't surprise you?.

That you spent all night arguing with strangers on the internet

That you spent all night arguing with strangers on the internet

Like you're doing with me now?

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    in context i think it was fairly bad. in a country where woman are treated horrendously it probably took that woman alot to ask that question. t

She is a white woman with a British accent she is a journalist asking a question that she knows will get a controversial answer.

I mean unless she has absolutely no clue about the country she is in and thinks there is a big future for female MMA fighters in a country that treats them as servants.

She is a white woman with a British accent she is a journalist asking a question that she knows will get a controversial answer.

I mean unless she has absolutely no clue about the country she is in and thinks there is a big future for female MMA fighters in a country that treats them as servants.

So given the audience, do you now think that it wasn't a joke? Or a joke that he knew would go down well in that specific setting?

cletus wrote: »
    So given the audience, do you now think that it wasn't a joke? Or a joke that he knew would go down well in that specific setting?

I think he tried to avoid the question with a 'jokey' reply. He is fully aware of the social environment within that country and how you have to obey the social norms.

khabib has been living/training in the US for 7+ years does he have a history off being dismissive to female fighters?

I mean how would any other fighter have replied if asked the same question in the same environment/country?

He shouldn't be in that sh1tehole in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    delighted all made weight. liked max's little shhh after he made weight.

havent been this excited about a fight card in a long time

I know it's a cracker of a card even the prelims are full of interesting fights. Moicano opted not to cut the extra pound, obviously when Max and Ortega made weight he decided not to bother, he gets paid for not fighting either way.

cliggg wrote: »
    I know it's a cracker of a card even the prelims are full of interesting fights. Moicano opted not to cut the extra pound, obviously when Max and Ortega made weight he decided not to bother, he gets paid for not fighting either way.

Wouldn't be surprised if they stung him for not cutting the extra pound, good forbid something happens tonight he'll look silly not doing it if he is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

He could still fight, just not for the belt.

Did Max look to be in good shape physically? Hoping him and Ortega are both as fit as can be for tomorrow, should be a real cracker.

I think he tried to avoid the question with a 'jokey' reply. He is fully aware of the social environment within that country and how you have to obey the social norms.

khabib has been living/training in the US for 7+ years does he have a history off being dismissive to female fighters?

I mean how would any other fighter have replied if asked the same question in the same environment/country?

He shouldn't be in that sh1tehole in the first place.

He was in America when he posted about "disgusting" hip hop concerts happening in Dagestan. No audience to kowtow to.

Can we assume from your above post, though, that it's no longer banter?

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    He could still fight, just not for the belt.

Did Max look to be in good shape physically? Hoping him and Ortega are both as fit as can be for tomorrow, should be a real cracker.

What's the point in fighting if it's not for the belt though, he should have cut the lb imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement