Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Praise jebus. I get BT free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Praise jebus. I get BT free.

Praise jebus indeed. The extra cost wouldn't even really have bothered me too much but I just prefer watching things on a TV channel live, being able to record to the sky box, etc. Plus with streaming you're always 30 seconds or so behind the live event so following a fight on Twitter would have been a thing of the past. It's just great news all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dulux99 wrote: »
    233 really looking like it could be cancelled altogether. Wouldn't be the first time they cancelled a card in Anaheim!
    You called it dulux99, UFC 233 postponed, all planned fights going to other cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Aldo v Moicano being targeted next. Buttering Moicano up for a title shot probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

UFC 233 has been postponed.

An absolute shambles of an organisation lately. Planning (or lack of) has been horrendous.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »

An absolute shambles of an organisation lately. Planning (or lack of) has been horrendous.

This is what happens when they insist that every ppv has to be headlined by a title shot then they make so many champion v champion fights which obviously lessens the amount of title fights per year & when they let champions not defend their belt for over a year without stripping them. Raphael Assuncao said a few days ago that his boss told him he can't get a title shot because he doesn't have enough social media followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Paully D wrote: »

god dam them. wonder when askren will fight lawlor now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

https://twitter.com/USMAN84kg/status/1072980934943748098

this would be an awesome fight but i find it hard to see how woodleys next fight is not colby

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    god dam them. wonder when askren will fight lawlor now.

They are re-booking that fight for the March 2nd card in Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Agree with whoever said it above about Bisping on Rogan. Very entertaining. Bisping is just fun. Absolute legend.

• Advertisement

Dana has revealed Chuck Liddell's & Tito Ortiz's pay for their last 3 fights and Chuck's pay since his retirement in response to Oscar De La Hoya saying UFC don't pay fighters well. If the numbers are true then Chuck has been getting 3-4 hundred grand a year for doing very little for 7 years the lucky fecker.

p0g5u69s91421.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cliggg wrote: »
    Dana has revealed Chuck Liddell's & Tito Ortiz's pay for their last 3 fights and Chuck's pay since his retirement in response to Oscar De La Hoya saying UFC don't pay fighters well. If the numbers are true then Chuck has been getting 3-4 hundred grand a year for doing very little for 7 years the lucky fecker.

p0g5u69s91421.jpg

No GDPR in the US. :D It's a lot of money for doing nothing. How do I convince my boss to do the same? :pac:

I wonder how many of those 9 UFC events would be McGregor cards. It must be at least 5 or 6. I'm assuming they are not including the Mayweather fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

At first glance I thought that was the cage in Concorde

Given how injury prone Cruz is he should use a bit of the old school GAA method of running his injuries under a cold tap. Be grand after that sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

He just needs one of those magic yellow sponges and he'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Deep heat and run it off

**** it, wear some Mikasa gloves in his next right.

**** it, wear some Mikasa gloves in his next fight.

It's been a long time since I've seen Dana this fired up. He really doesn't like Oscar De La Hoya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I assume you heard the interview after Tito vs Chuck? Surprised he wasn't slapped with a lawsuit after it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cliggg wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I've seen Dana this fired up. He really doesn't like Oscar De La Hoya!

I love Dana. These videos of him going off on one about Oscar are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I love Dana. These videos of him going off on one about Oscar are brilliant.

When he loses the rag is gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Cain v Ngannou on Feb 26, sources say.

Cain v Ngannou on Feb 26, sources say.
    I was reading yesterday that Ngannou's coach blamed his last 2 defeats on the Performance Institute and he said they won the Blaydes fight because they didn't have the camp there.

Also if anyone here is on Twitter please tweet everyone from AKA and ask them to do this

HJiHtNd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Cain 36 now,where did the years go :s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Cain 36 now,where did the years go :s

He's only 10 in sea level years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

At current rate Cain probably only has one or two left. If he can avoid the early heat here I'd imagine he'd maul Nganou easily, provided he's not completely shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

ASOT wrote: »
    He's only 10 in sea level years.

tG2u22E.jpg

• Advertisement

Jessica Rose-Clark passed out cutting weight for her flyweight fight tomorrow so the fight is cancelled. She has missed weight for flyweight twice in her career already, she will be made move back to bantamweight after this I hope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement