Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Perhaps Tiger was that much better than everybody else but I'm not sure, because of the nature of golf, he was as dominant as Biles is. She literally does stuff her rivals aren't physically capable of matching.

They had to try tiger proof every course. He changed the whole sport.

Doesn't invalidate anything in my post to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Doesn't invalidate anything in my post to be honest.

Nope not my intention at all.

I dont follow gymnastics but it sounds like they are similar. Golfers now are so much better because they had to evolve to catch up with tiger.

I presume gymnasts will have to do similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Was there a more dominant player/athlete than tiger in his prime?

Yes, Don Bradman.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Was there a more dominant player/athlete than tiger in his prime?

sure was

bgts7n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

helwaini reporting ufc 232 moved to LA and a week earlier cos jones still had traces of previous stuff in system, and nsac wont licence him but csac will lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭robwen

chips1234 wrote: »
    helwaini reporting ufc 232 moved to LA and a week earlier cos jones still had traces of previous stuff in system, and nsac wont licence him but csac will lol

Crazy sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

https://youtu.be/XOzruiQDz2A

Mental surely he used again, last time they caught him it was like "drop of water in a olympic swimming pool. 15 months later, its like chopping a grain of salt into 50 million pieces haha... go home jon.
    Serious note balls for anyone travelling there.

So date not changed just location? Dana always preached about obeying nsac now they say no...so he moves it to LA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

dave1982 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/XOzruiQDz2A

Mental surely he used again, last time they caught him it was like "drop of water in a olympic swimming pool. 15 months later, its like chopping a grain of salt into 50 million pieces haha... go home jon.
    Serious note balls for anyone travelling there.

So date not changed just location? Dana always preached about obeying nsac now they say no...so he moves it to LA

yeah i mis-read tweet just date changed apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dana "Jones has done nothing wrong" hahaha this is gas. Poor Gus is currently on a helicopter ride over the grand canyon and no reception to tell him, his team have to wait for him to land, the whole thing is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ariel reporting he passed a surprise urine test on friday, just recap so i have full story, he failed a test on the 9th of dec for historic use 15 months after his last fail but less than 2 weeks later he passed????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

chips1234 wrote: »

What a joke but sums up UFC as an organisation in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He's their rat informant, they will protect him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Hilarious, incredible, astounding, confusing, ridiculous and embarrassing all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Unbelievable.

In defending Jones again, Novitzky has lost all his credibility now. The sport is becoming a joke. Only a matter of time before it’s a crooked as boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Officer999

Let's move the entire show to a different location on a weeks notice so the drug cheat can fight. Incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jesus wept. I woke up and though I was still drunk..wtf is this ****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads I'm sorry but what a bollox excuse, it's residule amounts left over from the same failure 15 months ago. Would you ever **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jon Jones ruined Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'd laugh my bollix off now if Gus batters him. Cooks Dana's golden good even after him pulling this move to protect him.

Can't see it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

How can the ufc, Dana white, the csac, Greg Jackson or that scum bag Jon Jones have any shred of credibility from this?

It's common knowledge this substance he's blown for only has a short life of detecability in your system.

Sure epo, the most commonly used ped in athletics since the late 80's only stays in your system for hours.

The ufc should grow a pair here. Cancel the fight. Ban Jones for life and move on.

Moving the fight. Total and utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I also taught if one comission doesn't license a fighter the rest usually don't license him either? Same way if one comission bans somebody the rest adhere to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

ASOT wrote: »
    I also taught if one comission doesn't license a fighter the rest usually don't license him either? Same way if one comission bans somebody the rest adhere to it.
    dana-white-money-c%C3%B3pia1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Doubt Dana would have been so accommodating if he hadn't lost so many big draw fighters to Bellator in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

woke to see this all on twitter. i couldn't believe what i was reading.

firstly the excuse is a load of bollox. small traces from substance taken 18 months ago. was this test his first one since he came back? i dont think so, so why no traces in samples taken before this one?

move the whole event to LA on a weeks notice. what about all the fans who paid for flights hotels etc. ticket prices will be refunded...ah thats nice what about the rest of the money people spent?

what about every other fighter on the card. it seems like dana said fcuk all them lets move just for jon. massive disrespect to them and there families travelling to see them fight

this sample was flagged on the 9th of dec. usually the fighter in question is suspended while it is investigated for months/years. how did they magically get it tested by many different labs and investigated this quickly.

lastly name one other fighter who would of gotten this treatment?

ufc is an absolute sham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Doubt Dana would have been so accommodating if he hadn't lost so many big draw fighters to Bellator in recent years.

with this kind of carry on i can see more making the move to bellator or one championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Getting harder to watch all the sideshow nonsense that goes on with the UFC these days. Love the fights, hate the bullsh1t that comes with now. Bring back the Fertitta days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

The man is a master at tarnishing his own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Getting harder to watch all the sideshow nonsense that goes on with the UFC these days. Love the fights, hate the bullsh1t that comes with now. Bring back the Fertitta days

As a pro wrestling fan, MMA is taking over full time. It’s fulfilling my need for Sports & Entertainment with all the drama :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,720 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Tom Lawor got a 2 year ban for 1/3 rd the amount Jones has been caught with in his system ,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement