Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

UFCs been a shambles ever since it was sold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Embedded is just going to be hours of airport footage :pac:

Be interesting to see how many fighters miss weight now. I'm going to say at least 2. Place your bets people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

I cant understand why the rst of the fighters on the card havent bandied together and refused to move to California.

Simply say no. jones is out, or we're all out, thats that.

Make a stand for the greater good. What would the UFC do, cancel every fight besides Jones vs Gustaffson? Of course not, they'd bow down, and rightly so i might add.

My earlier post was just after i woke up and had a quick read of what is going down.

but jesus chris, its an utter ****-show. They've moved a whole event, to a different state, a week earlier to suit one guy, who has flagged for peds in his last 4 fights.

Seriously, do they understand how stupid that is..................

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The fact that fighters had to find out about the move through social media instead of from the UFC shows the power they actually have. I think UFC would really take the Jones v Gus fight over all of them and pay some bums off the street to fill up the card.

Some great posts from different fighters, Hunt is always especially poetic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrwpVrdn0oe/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jqdxzo3tm3pe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Crazy, who actually thought this was a good idea? Shambles, Gus must be just happy with the money I guess.

• Advertisement

Crazy, who actually thought this was a good idea? Shambles, Gus must be just happy with the money I guess.

In fairness he has come out saying he just wants the glory of beating Jones and hes going to finish him regardless if hes on something or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

do you know what the crazy thing is. if jones wins he will be giving the lhw belt and DC will be stripped. taking a belt off someone who has never done a thing wrong and give it to a guy who is a tramp of a human being

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The fact that fighters had to find out about the move through social media instead of from the UFC shows the power they actually have. I think UFC would really take the Jones v Gus fight over all of them and pay some bums off the street to fill up the card.

Some great posts from different fighters, Hunt is always especially poetic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrwpVrdn0oe/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jqdxzo3tm3pe

hunt dont hold back:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,260 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's common knowledge this substance he's blown for only has a short life of detecability in your system.
    In the past it had only a short detectable window.
    But Rodchenkov (Russian doping guy) developed a new test that increases detection time massively.

EPO is only days. But it's a completely different drug, not relevant to Turinabol.

18months later sounds ridiculous though. Unless there's some additional evidence not mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I wanna see Gus punt Jones as hard as possible in the balls in the first exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

JJayoo wrote: »
    I wanna see Gus punt Jones as hard as possible in the balls in the first exchange.

while paul heyman distracts the ref....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It won't happen, but nothing would give me more satisfaction than to see Gus absolutely obliterate Jones.

Yet, despite cheating scandal after scandal, there'll still be some of here who still proclaim Jones as the greatest. :rolleyes:

Every other fighter on that card should be telling the UFC to go and fúck themselves and refuse to fight next week too. The amount of families and fans who are out of pocket so the UFC can continue to accommodate that scumbag is a fúcking joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭cletus

Just listening to Eugene S. Robinson's Showstopper. He's making the suggestion that it's possible for metabolites to be in the system 18 moths on (he used to be a bodybuilder, very open about his own steroid use), but only if the original source of the substance came from an injection. If it was erroneously ingested, the metabolites would not last.

Ergo, either Jones is lying this time, or he was lying last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

cletus wrote: »
    Just listening to Eugene S. Robinson's Showstopper. He's making the suggestion that it's possible for metabolites to be in the system 18 moths on (he used to be a bodybuilder, very open about his own steroid use), but only if the original source of the substance came from an injection. If it was erroneously ingested, the metabolites would not last.

Ergo, either Jones is lying this time, or he was lying last time.

Or, the most likely scenario, he lied both times and we still haven’t heard the full extent of this story.

It’s no wonder Dana tries so hard to defend him, he’s a man after his own heart. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭cletus

martyos121 wrote: »
    Or, the most likely scenario, he lied both times and we still haven’t heard the full extent of this story.

It’s no wonder Dana tries so hard to defend him, he’s a man after his own heart. :pac:

Which is my thinking, but Eugene's point was that he can't argue innocence. He had to be guilty at least once

On a lighter note lads have a wonderful Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

The other fighters getting royally screwed not just regards family and hotel stays also on the amount of tax they have to fork to fight in LA.

Serious shït show.

Fingers crossed the twãt loses, not as big a fan as I was with Gus he has sat on the sidelines for too long waiting for this chance imo.

I don't see how the other fighters pulling out helps them, training costs flights hotels etc looks like a case of the UFC playing their cards right to save Jones.

Question I read on else where, why isn't the other commission following Nevada, don't they "back each other up" with regards this? The "experts" are saying it's not a new one it's left over from the previous pop, I'm confused why Nevada didn't let it go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

The other fighters getting royally screwed not just regards family and hotel stays also on the amount of tax they have to fork to fight in LA.

Serious shït show.

Fingers crossed the twãt loses, not as big a fan as I was with Gus he has sat on the sidelines for too long waiting for this chance imo.

I don't see how the other fighters pulling out helps them, training costs flights hotels etc looks like a case of the UFC playing their cards right to save Jones.

Question I read on else where, why isn't the other commission following Nevada, don't they "back each other up" with regards this? The "experts" are saying it's not a new one it's left over from the previous pop, I'm confused why Nevada didn't let it go on?

Because nevada aren't a complete bunch of idiots perhaps?

He's been juicing his whole career.

Have a listen to some Victor conte interviews.

He was the man behind balco, who helped the likes of marion Jones and Barry bonds dope for years.

In a nutshell he says they only fail tests because they're buying their peds from **** sources.

The tainted supplement thing is another load of rubbish to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Dana White hasn't a leg to stand on with his feud with Oscar de la Hoya, the two of them are as bad as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Serious shït show.

Whatever the ins and outs of this particular case, the CSAC have shown themselves over the last few years to be very competent and consider fighter safety paramount.

• Advertisement

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brw0mGtnjlz/
    markhuntfighterUFC ultimate ****en cheaters why don’t u jus cut jones pay gustuvsen and leave the show in Vegas all the fans and families who have already paid don’t miss out oh u only care about the PPV merry Christmas 🎄 to everyone who has already paid to go there I hope no one buys your ppv mother****ers the least u could do is pay for everyone’s flights to California and accommodation 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂tickets food and everything else u have screwed those there from oh and u can stick my crooked finger in your bum hole for Christmas u poxy lil bitch @danawhite

Frank Mir on it all

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/frank-mir-shares-interesting-insight-when-comparing-his-situation-with-jon-jones/
    “In the spring of 2016, when USADA representatives sat in my Las Vegas kitchen and told me that the turinabol metabolite that they said I tested positive for could only have been ingested within a window of the past several months, I vehemently proclaimed my innocence,” Mir wrote in a post on Facebook. “Having never failed any drug test throughout my career, I asked if we could go back further in the past to test any supplements that I could’ve taken, but they claimed that was both impossible and unnecessary. They were firm on their assertion that there was only a recent period of several months that would warrant any consideration. Now, little more than two years later, Jon Jones has tested positive for the same trace of the same banned substance, and USADA is taking the position that this same low level is in fact not a new ingestion, but something that could be the result of a residual ‘pulsing’ effect that could potentially stay in his system ‘forever’. Further, they are now claiming that this phenomenon is something that they are seeing in other cases as well.

“This latest shift in USADA’s position would seem to suggest one of two possibilities…Either they are a) offering special dispensation to Jon Jones or b) they are second guessing and subsequently ‘revising’ the presentation of their own science. Either scenario leaves myself and a number of other fighters whose careers have been similarly damaged by past testing claims to wonder what this says about USADA’s consistency and their tests’ reliability. Sadly, my accusation came at a time when the UFC’s partnership with USADA had not yet been subjected to the kind of doubt that now seems to further cloud it with each new instance of convoluted circumstances.”

He's been juicing his whole career.

Have a listen to some Victor conte interviews.

He was the man behind balco, who helped the likes of marion Jones and Barry bonds dope for years.

In a nutshell he says they only fail tests because they're buying their peds from **** sources.

The tainted supplement thing is another load of rubbish to.

If it was a case of a dolly being chucked at a bus and another commission letting that slip by I get it, a failed drug test I thought was a different story among the commissions. If you fail in X, Y commission will hold the same view as X.

Just to be clear I'm happy with Nevada saying no I'm seriously confused why Cali is saying yes. It's pretty fücked up.

I don't need to listen to interviews, Jon has shown himself to be a complete cünt that can't be trusted he proved this to me in his rematch with DC, I gave him the opportunity to show me he changed and he gave me the two fingers. I'm done with Jon. No sympathy for him.

Very interesting post in the attachment. I got it off Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It’s an absolute disgrace.

Jones is the most detestable athlete on the planet.
    Complete scum of a human being.

How the UFC can do this to their fighters and fans shows how little regard the powers that be have for them all.

A Hendo Bisping style knockout is what’s required for him and would have a lot of people smiling from ear to ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Why is everyone writing off gus? We have to assume jones is clean for this fight, he couldn’t be THAT stupid with so much attention on him. That would mean no juice = not the Jones were used to seeing. Probably the only other juice free Jones was vs OSP, and he was pretty shjt that night.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Why is everyone writing off gus? We have to assume jones is clean for this fight, he couldn’t be THAT stupid with so much attention on him. That would mean no juice = not the Jones were used to seeing. Probably the only other juice free Jones was vs OSP, and he was pretty shjt that night.

Why do we have to "assume" Jones is clean? He is popping again but the UFC story is that it's from the last time he popped, a year and a half ago!

I'm not an expert, from the bits I've read this stuff doesn't stay in the system for this long the way Jones admits to taking (oral). The only way it stays in the system if was taken a different way then what Jones has admitted too.. too many lies in this story imo. Fūck Jones hope he ends up flat on his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

As dislikeable as Jones is I can only see him beating Gus, worse than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Wasn't this an "option" for Jones just a few days ago that he opted out of because the "terms" weren't great?

The optics of this are getting worse for Jonny boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement