Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Wasn't this an "option" for Jones just a few days ago that he opted out of because the "terms" weren't great?

The optics of this are getting worse for Jonny boy.

It was but as the tweet says they made it a requirement in order to accommodate the move of 232

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »

He’s also probably going to be the first MMA fighter to be caught by both VADA and USADA.

I’ve never hoped for someone to get knocked out as much as I do with Jones, hopefully Gus pulls off the upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,789 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Am I the only one rooting for Bones? :pac:

The GOAT is back lads and he's clean as a whistle!

P.S. I just learned the V in VADA stands for voluntary. Oh the irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Jon Jones has two brothers in the NFL, the roidiest sport in the world. So he would have access to good stuff his entire career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

ASOT wrote: »
    It was but as the tweet says they made it a requirement in order to accommodate the move of 232

Vada=Nevada state?

If I'm understanding this correctly, Nevada (where the fight was supposed to take place) revoked his fighting license but will accommodate him in fighting another state if Jon signs up to their drug testing program?

Have I got this right? Lol, confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Jeff Novitskey is going to be on the Joe Rogan show next Thursday apparently, to discuss the whole UFC 232 saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,259 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Very interesting post in the attachment. I got it off Twitter.
    That's the half life of turinabol. He popped for a metabolite not the PED itself. That's the whole point of metabolite detection, it extends the detections time past when the drugs have left your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Jeff Novitskey is going to be on the Joe Rogan show next Thursday apparently, to discuss the whole UFC 232 saga.

Can't really have much respect for Novitskey any more, he went up to bat for Jones before, he's overseen them letting Lesnar get away with murder and now this most recent crap with Jones. Zero credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Vada=Nevada state?

If I'm understanding this correctly, Nevada (where the fight was supposed to take place) revoked his fighting license but will accommodate him in fighting another state if Jon signs up to their drug testing program?

Have I got this right? Lol, confused.

Vada = Voluntary Anti-Doping Association. It's something that's used regularly in boxing.

This will show Rogan's true colours. You would fciking swear Novitskey is Jone's lawyer.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    This will show Rogan's true colours. You would fciking swear Novitskey is Jone's lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxlZjZz4MU0 clip with him discussing it with Joey Diaz
    Pushing the UFC line already. Joey at least showed skepticism and empathy for all the people travelling to Vegas and losing out...

The whole thing is a farce at this stage - UFC really made the wrong call treating rest of the fighters and fans like this. I'm sure they're insured, but most likely a lot of the fans travel costs won't be. It can't not backfire.

Vada = Voluntary Anti-Doping Association. It's something that's used regularly in boxing.

So I was totally wrong. Cheers

"Faceplam"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pointless.

Rogan already showed in the first show with Jeff that he’ll tow the UFC/USADA line.

Rogan makes the odd small critical comment about the UFC in order to be able to say he’s neutral, but the reality is very different in recent times.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    The whole thing is a farce at this stage - UFC really made the wrong call treating rest of the fighters and fans like this. I'm sure they're insured, but most likely a lot of the fans travel costs won't be. It can't not backfire.

This bloke booked to come over from South Africa for his first event. It would be a different story if injury or something caused the main event to be pulled, I’ve been impacted by that a few times and **** happens, fair enough. But this is very different.

https://twitter.com/ryanjordanhunt/status/1077160521403650048?s=21

JJayoo wrote: »
    Jon Jones has two brothers in the NFL, the roidiest sport in the world. So he would have access to good stuff his entire career.

One of whom popped the same month as Jon.

Huge coincidence.

That's awful - poor guy. And the stress and disappointment and drama of chasing refunds and rebookings... not everyone has a bottomless credit card that can cover alternates whilst waiting for refunds to process. This would have been a huge event and major holiday for likely thousands of people flying in for card of the year. Completely callous by UFC. Jon Jones must know where ALL the bodies are buried...

Will likely push more fighters towards Bellator, and best of luck to them.

Saw this story this morning and thought no they didn't, but they have. What ever about people being screwed on flights and hotels is bad enough but sends out completely the wrong message about the sports attitude to this stuff. Guy is scumbag anyway without the doping so I agree he must know where all the bodies are buried.

Paully D wrote: »
    One of whom popped the same month as Jon.

Huge coincidence.

You will never hear Rogan bringing this up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Cali_girl wrote:
    clip with him discussing it with Joey Diaz Pushing the UFC line already. Joey at least showed skepticism and empathy for all the people travelling to Vegas and losing out...

I really wouldn't waste my time watching the interview later in the week.
    Some of the Youtube comments are more intelligent than Joe's which is an achievement in itself.
    Joe Rogan: "I have a great deal of respect for Andy Foster, the guy who runs the CSAC".
    The same guy gave the ok for 49 year old Chuck Liddell to fight in 2018 for f*ck sake. Once people saw him walk you knew he couldn't much less his sparring.

A video clip of novitzky and white is on r/mma.

Excerpt of it "we're only basing this on the experts who have studied this for several months". Is that regards this test? It only popped 2 weeks ago.. are you basing the results on new ways of testing this stuff on new tests that have been carried out over a few months.. are these new fully certified new tests? Questions questions...

Even exculuding that, look at those two guys their body language and imagine yourself as being a job interviewer, looking at the two of them... Do they look comfortable.. do you think they are given you honest answers to the questions you're asking.. SHADEY as, the two of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭cletus

A video clip of novitzky and white is on r/mma.

Excerpt of it "we're only basing this on the experts who have studied this for several months". Is that regards this test? It only popped 2 weeks ago.. are you basing the results on new ways of testing this stuff on new tests that have been carried out over a few months.. are these new fully certified new tests? Questions questions...

Even exculuding that, look at those two guys their body language and imagine yourself as being a job interviewer, looking at the two of them... Do they look comfortable.. do you think they are given you honest answers to the questions you're asking.. SHADEY as, the two of them.

That's likely from a previous podcast, next Thursday hasn't happened yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Am I the only one rooting for Bones? :pac:

The GOAT is back lads and he's clean as a whistle!

P.S. I just learned the V in VADA stands for voluntary. Oh the irony!

He's the gramme for gramme best fighter in the world!!

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1077291246169649152?s=21

Doubt Rogan will be bringing that up with Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Jones being as see through as a clean window in the first Embedded episode buying toys for kids, so predictable and everyone knows he doesn't give one f

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Paully D wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1077291246169649152?s=21

Doubt Rogan will be bringing that up with Jeff.

What ****s me off is that they keep banging on about the absolute physical size of the thing, with no mention at all of what that means.

Those Russians going around poisoning people in Britain are hardly screaming "ah here lads, it's only a really small bit of poison. I mean, it nearly killed him but it was only a tiny amount"

Novitsky is a shill. Nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Twas the night before Christmas, and throughout UFC,

Fighters were angry because of Jon Jones’ pee,

The traveling fans purchased hotels and airfare,

In hopes that St. Dana soon would be there,

While Novitzky snuggled tight and rested in bed,

Visions of salt in pools danced in his head,

DC on his twitter, and iPhone in hand,

Proclaimed to the world “He tested positive again!”,

At UFC headquarters there arose such a clatter,

“Just move the fight, Goof, I don’t see what’s the matter”,

Off to R/MMA I flew like a flash,

Tore open my laptop to USADA bash,

Mark Hunt on top of things at the **** show,

The rat****s and juicy sluts should already know,

Then out of the blue to my eyes I could see,

Tomato Dana White and GOOFCON level 3,

A company president who doesn’t give a ****e,

I knew in a moment it must be Mr. White,

More rapid than the Eagle who put Conor to shame,

Dana White whistled to fighters by name,

“Now, Cyborg! Now, Nunes! Now Alex and Bones!

“On turinabol, on alcohol, on coke, it’s Jon Jones!”,

To the front of the line, to the champion fights,

Now to Southwest to rebook all my flights,

As tickets refunded and car rentals get the ax,

When fighters lose pay from California’s tax,

So out to Los Angeles the fighters they flew,

You goofs get no notice but a day or two,

On December 29th PPV buys through the roof,

Jones will declare “I didn’t cheat regardless of proof!”,

Down Cormier’s DM’s you will find no class,

With Jon Jones fixated on Mrs. DC’s ass,

He dresses like a champ, but acts like a chump,

And anger emits over his own girls flat rump,

His legacy tarnished a future bright star,

Failed drug tests, a pot pipe, a new totaled car,

Disregard all the families flying in, flying back,

The red one continues to hang on the nutsack,

His lies, how they twinkle! His check book, how merry!

Dana’s cheeks are like roses, in Jones’ ass they are buried,

We troll a little bit, but it’s all done with cheer,

Hunto said it best: “Happy steroid new year”,

So to all my ****in fighters, R/MMA, and Dana White,

“Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”

all credit to reddit at the end of the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Once again shows the UFC is a **** show. Jones is a cheat end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 29,789 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jonathan Troll Jones looking for some help.

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1077658887799549952?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Jonathan Troll Jones looking for some help.

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1077658887799549952?s=19

"Oops, i did it again" would be incredible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement