Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Never knew scoggins went to Rizn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

aldo only wanted a 3 round fight against moicano. i thought that was strange. surly a 5 round main event is worth more to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,787 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ariel made a nice song paying tribute to 2018. Apologies to your ears in advance.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1079832756450934784?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Artem v Tukhugov in the works for the Russian card in April. If it happens it will be Artem's first ever pro fight in Russia.
    Ariel says Derrick Lewis v Overeem is in the works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Will we do our end of year awards thread this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Anyone know has the UFC 3e /tv3 deal ended now that 3e moved to virgin media ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

cliggg wrote: »
    Artem v Tukhugov in the works for the Russian card in April. If it happens it will be Artem's first ever pro fight in Russia.
    Ariel says Derrick Lewis v Overeem is in the works too.

Ahaha. "He will never fight in the UFC again" said dana. The man would tell lies when the truth would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Mendes has a nice pair of shiners for himself post 232.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsEro-uH_Mu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Mendes has a nice pair of shiners for himself post 232.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsEro-uH_Mu/

Smashed up , wish him a happy retirement though. Nice fella always replied to any messages I sent to him.

Ha that's Max Thieriot with him, actor on The Bates Motel TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Jimmy Smith is gone from the UFC, they haven't renewed his contract. I liked him when he wasn't commentating with Rogan but that is true of most of them really.

cliggg wrote: »
    Jimmy Smith is gone from the UFC, they haven't renewed his contract. I liked him when he wasn't commentating with Rogan but that is true of most of them really.

That's a bit mad only keeping him for the year, in saying that Felder coming through as a great commentator along with he usual there not short in that department.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nobody will ever work as perfectly as the Rogan and Goldie combo, that was peak UFC in more ways than one.

The most knowledgable guys aren’t always the best commentators.

Did Smith ever even work a PPV?

Did Smith ever even work a PPV?

He done 220 which was his first event, not sure if he did anymore ppvs though.

Strange. Be interested to hear if more details emerge as to why he didn't get kept on. Probably wronged Dana in some capacity

Yeah lousy on him, I remember when he first announced he landed the job, he was so happy. The way WME are going, wouldn't be surprised to see them hire some celebrity to take over.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah lousy on him, I tender when he first announced he landed the job, he was so happy. The way WME are going, wouldn't be surprised to see them hire some celebrity to take over.

There getting Snoop dog in full time.

ASOT wrote: »
    There getting Snoop dog in full time.

Either Snoop or Pepper from Dodgeball

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Either Snoop or Pepper from Dodgeball

If they ever did get a celebrity in that'd be when. I'd stop watching to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

WME are bringing to the level of WWE.

With the rise of One in Asia, hopefully we will see them get rid of the theatrics and bullshît to get back to what made the UFC a 4 billion dollar company in the first place, best fights best and leave the drama at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Smith is a fantastic colour commentator and had a deep understanding of MMA and bjj having competed in MMA and gained a bjj black belt.
    Letting him go is diocy.

If One FC are smart they'll snap him up ahead of their US network debut this year.

Not sure where else to post this, but Kanye West has confirmed he's going on Joe Rogan's podcast. Great news. I've always wondered what Kanyes thoughts on elk meat were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Someone on reddit has spotted that the womens FW rankings have been removed completely from the ufc website.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Someone on reddit has spotted that the womens FW rankings have been removed completely from the ufc website.

Fly or feather? Wouldn't be arsed with either of them going tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Feather...it never had full rankings , just had cyborg listed as champ. But its gone completely now.

I'd say that division is gone now, the same way men's flyweight will will be gone on the 20th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

WME-IMG

making the UFC bullsh!t again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

dulux99 wrote: »
    Not sure where else to post this, but Kanye West has confirmed he's going on Joe Rogan's podcast. Great news. I've always wondered what Kanyes thoughts on elk meat were.

I'm guessing you may well be one of those lads on reddit who gravitate to Rogan related material to post 'Pull that up Jamie' in the comments section

• Advertisement

Pull that **** up, Jamie*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement