Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm guessing you may well be one of those lads on reddit who gravitate to Rogan related material to post 'Pull that up Jamie' in the comments section

Eh, no. I don't even post on reddit. Maybe my joke was incredibly unoriginal!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

dulux99 wrote: »
    You're better for it, the comments tend to go:

- Pull that up Jamie
    -- Hunting Elk
    --- Monkeys
    ---- MMA in an large, unfenced arena

Every.Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

was surprised smith was let go. i like the combination they used for ufc 232.
    rogan, anik and cruz.

they also have a stack of other great commentators felder, bisping, dc and woodley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

A bit off topic but Pete Taylor on the latest Paddy Holohan No Sham podcast, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bNWI6m635w

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

dulux99 wrote: »
    You're better for it, the comments tend to go:

- Pull that up Jamie
    -- Hunting Elk
    --- Monkeys
    ---- MMA in an large, unfenced arena

Every.Time.

In fairness, that's pretty much a Rogan podcast. Moronic and repetitive.

• Advertisement

Respectfully disagree given the volume of content released but sure each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That's crazy, man.

Have you ever done DMT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That's crazy, man.

Have you ever done DMT?

That guy is JACKED man!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Like him or loath him the caliber and range of guests that Rogan can pull in is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

What ever happened yer man Todd Grisham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

smilerf wrote: »
    What ever happened yer man Todd Grisham

He was commentating on a Glory event I was watching last month.

Like him or loath him the caliber and range of guests that Rogan can pull in is amazing.

It is, which makes it a crying shame that he's incapable of conducting anything resembling an objective interview or asking difficult questions.
    Respectfully disagree given the volume of content released but sure each to their own

Absolutely, each to their own. My own is that he's a faux intellectual, pseudo-science peddling, sycophantic bro who is long past his sell by date. There are vastly superior commentators in the UFC who are, unlike Rogan, actually capable of enhancing the broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭dashoonage

it disgusts me to see picojones at no 2 on the p4p rankings. All the mother ****ing beasts on that list that never popped looking at that ****er at no 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Surprised to see Jimmy gone, he's fairly decent. Bellator is incidentally struggling with Big John and Goldie I think. Goldie's the same old, but he needs someone like Joe Rogan or Jimmy as a proper balance.

Big John just doesn't have the personality at all and I really just don't enjoy the commentary on Bellator anymore.

I think Dan Hardy is up there with the best though.

It is, which makes it a crying shame that he's incapable of conducting anything resembling an objective interview or asking difficult questions.

Absolutely, each to their own. My own is that he's a faux intellectual, pseudo-science peddling, sycophantic bro who is long past his sell by date. There are vastly superior commentators in the UFC who are, unlike Rogan, actually capable of enhancing the broadcast.

I watched the fights the other morning and when you're not half cut, jacked for fights, but instead sober eating breakfast then by God, he's poor at times it has to be said. Over the top with his opinions and cries out

Anik, Hardy and Felder are the dream team for me.

I must be the only who can't stand Cruz. Not gone on DC either. Felder is head an shoulders above all the fighter commentators.

I must be the only who can't stand Cruz. Not gone on DC either. Felder is head an shoulders above all the fighter commentators.
    Cruz had a comment during the Chiesa fight along the lines of:

"This guy's like glue...it's like....sticking your hands in some glue and you just can't get it out of there"

I know it might be difficult to come up with analogies on the spot but FFS man, when you're getting into the main card, have some analogies written down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I think this best sums up Cruz's commentary style

dqcgl36a3cb01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

With the odd "needs a wizard here" thrown in..

Not a big fan of Cruz, quite like DC and really like Felder. The co-comm really annoys me, maybe its the ads he does, but apart from that, I really feel he adds very little.

Pity Smith didn't get more of a chance, but I just dont see them getting rid of Rogan as long as he wants to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Rogan is too big a name and too synonymous with UFC to be gotten rid of. I don't mind him though. I don't mind most MMA commentators. Compared to the likes of football commentators, they're miles ahead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

Probably because an MMA background and a decent bit of technical knowledge is a pre-requisite for MMA commentators. A lot of football ones just don't have a clue or are ex-players and can suffer a lot from personal bias. McManaman being the hardest one to listen to imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Charles Oliveira: $180,000
    This seems crazy high for his last fight. Wonder why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Beersmith wrote: »

In his last fight he set the record for most submission wins in UFC so maybe he got something extra for that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Beersmith wrote: »

been with the ufc 8+yrs and 22 fights

I'd imagine he's worked his way up to a decent pay grade along with the likes
    of sanchez, miller lauzon and others who've been there a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

One of the most unlikeable pricks on the roster.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    One of the most unlikeable pricks on the roster.

He's really not.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »

Good to see Usman say it to him stop pulling the race card its not always about race. Think tyron does get treated unfairly but I doubt its cos Dana's racist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement